D Watson already killing the browns

Ken

Reaction score
Watson...after restructure is 19 mill vs the cap this year. 64 million the next three years. LOL.

conner01

Reaction score
Lol yeah restructure 45mil next yr? Ok, so that gets prorated over 3 yrs. That's 15 mil over 3 yrs, cause that's what's on the deal. So in 2025 he has a cap hit of already 64mil, add another 15 mil. 79mil cap hit in 2024. Restructure again?
They painted themselves in a corner and pissed off all the other owners. A fully guaranteed contract for a guy with off field issues was really dumb. The problem the other owners have is escrowing the guaranteed money. Some teams would really struggle that kind of money taken out of cash flow.
But one could argue a guy like Mahomes would be worth the risk, but a guy who already has off field issues was just a very bad decision
But it shows just how desperate teams are to get a top half of the league QB. Can’t win without one and hard to win with one if you give up a ton of picks and pay premium money to get one
I think in time college football will begin to develop a few more QB’s because of the transfer portal, more guys will get lots of reps
The league needs more goid QB

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Browns dug themselves a rabbit hole that will become a huge sink hole.
Cleveland may fall into Lake Eerie in a few years.
Lol it starts next yr, forget a few. 64 mil caphit with 200mil dead money

And I doubt they can extend him, because it's not all about cap, the browns are the bottom 5 in revenue. The owners can't afford a new deal after just writing a 200mil check. Not every team has Jerry money

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
making top 1 money with no skins to show for it..great value LMAO..hes not ever going to give a return to the browns for what gave up to get him, wait year for him to play and then have to pay him insane all guaranteed money,

ironic the excuses this guy gets for his projections and possibility's while Daks deals gets slammed daily. our fan base is horrible. Dak and Watson are similar in talent but daks a better person, leader, and has had a far more productive career.. by far a better value to their current teams.
Not sure what you’re talking about but I never said any of the above. I just said the guy had tools. Didn’t say anything about Dak. Watson and Dak are both good quarterbacks. I don’t care what their costs are I can win with those guys.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
What an awful contract it was for someone with so many legal issues.

kskboys

Reaction score
Living in Houston I've gone to many Texans' games. Watson, IMO, isn't even as good as Dak. Wide F Open WRs and he was laser focussed on DHop. His other WRs were pissed!.
He's like Dak that on crossing routes the WR many times has to slide to catch the ball, negating all YAC. The Browns are buuffed.
Watson is strictly a big play QB who sucks at moving the ball consistently. Like you, I watch a lot of Texans games. Someone needs to teach Peepeeslap how to play QB, instead of just slinging the ball downfield. Watson has a great skillset, but needs to learn to stop playing hero ball and play QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was just about to post. Watson is Dak with a stronger arm plus he is not afraid to run. He will see a 20 yard open field and run for a 1st down.
Dak sees that and he forces the ball into double coverage for an INT.
I think they are polar opposite QBs. Watson is strictly a downfield passer at this point. Not really comparable, from what I've seen.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they are polar opposite QBs. Watson is strictly a downfield passer at this point. Not really comparable, from what I've seen.
I didn't watch too much of his limited playing time with the Browns. With a full off-season it will be interesting to see how he / they do this year.
I am sure comparisons will be made.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Watson is strictly a big play QB who sucks at moving the ball consistently. Like you, I watch a lot of Texans games. Someone needs to teach Peepeeslap how to play QB, instead of just slinging the ball downfield. Watson has a great skillset, but needs to learn to stop playing hero ball and play QB.

You nailed it!

kskboys

Reaction score
You nailed it!
Blushing!!!!

I watch Texans games, as they are my 2nd team behind the Cowboys. Distant 2nd, but I do pay atttention to them.

In 2020 when the Texans were successful, they had a great running attack w/ Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson. Ranked 9th in the NFL.

Then, in 2021, they inexplicably let Hyde walk. He was their move the ball machine, the guy who regularly got positive yardage even when there was nothing there. The rushing attack immediately dropped to 31st, and their wins dropped to 4. Why? They lost that move the ball guy in Hyde. Stupid stupid stupid. Made no sense.

Flamma

Reaction score
This latest restructure was a last gasp effort to try and win something. The contract is totally unmanageable beyond that. I have no idea what they were thinking.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Watson was good, He was never great. And who knows if he'll ever be good again. Cleveland deserves what they get.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'd prefer that actually.

Dak playing horrible and the Cowboys losing is best case scenario for this team.

We draft high and Dak goes away.
How many picks in Dak’s own territory did they defense save him from, let alone the multiple pick 6s that he gave the opponent?

Can’t wait to see him outside the Moore offense that “puts up points” to the McCarthy, we need to take “pressure off the defense” by running the ball offense he’s supposedly going to implement..

It’s like McCarthy basically implied that Moore was the reason they put up so many points..

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few years ago the Browns were headed in the right direction………until they weren’t……….and now aren’t.