Daily Turd blurb on the Skins (bad, of course!)

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Ok, it IS the Daily Turd. But this is interesting if true. I wouldn't be surprised in this case--the Skins routinely try to blame people no longer with the team for their woes--& now particularly to protect "The Myth of Ol' Joe." (And I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to think that the Post--parent company of "I flushed the Koran down the toilet" Newsweek--would run an inaccurate story in order to stroke someone! Not the Post--that beacon of integrity & truth.)

POST THROWING A BONE TO THE 'SKINS?

It's a throwaway comment at the bottom of the "notes" portion of Nunyo Demasio's Friday report, but it suggests that The Washington Post might be carrying a little fire water for the Commanders in the hopes of getting back in the team's good graces.

Specifically, Demasio says that former 'Skins scout Trent Baalke, who has taken a similar gig in San Fran, "oversaw" the background check performed on safety Sean Taylor, the fifth overall pick in the 2004 draft.

Though Demasio adds an obligatory "sources don't believe the change was related to Taylor," the implicit message to the average fan is that Baalke got booted for screwing up the research on a guy who has been a continuous screw-up since joining the organization.

As it turns out, Baalke did indeed oversee the background check.

And he advised the team NOT to draft Taylor.

We're hardly surprised to learn that there was a split of opinion in the organization regarding Taylor. We heard last year that V.P. of player personnel (or whatever in the hell his title is) Vinny Cerrato was telling people that he wanted to draft Kellen Winslow instead.

But it's odd, in our view, to see that the newspaper currently on the outs with the 'Skins is willing to permit the team to take a few liberties with, you know, the truth.

The truth, of course, is that someone(s) in the organization ignored Baalke's advice, and that that someone(s) is/are now looking for a little cover as Taylor's career potentially disintegrates.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I bet Gibbs wanted Sean. And Danny, being the numbnutt that he is figured that he allready has the HOF coach and needs to follow his lead. :laugh2: