Daily Zone and Media Zone

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I never go to either of them. I have no intention of going to either of them.

Is there a way that I can NOT have them be the only thing I see at the top of the site when I log in?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
This is a bit much.

http://img52.*************/img52/5527/1234mm.png

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Daily Zone quick link has always been there, but now has been moved to a sub-forum of the Fan Zone.

The site is going through some changes... Clicking Fan Zone will always take you there. I'm sure you can ignore the other couple links.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4040871 said:
The Daily Zone quick link has always been there, but now has been moved to a sub-forum of the Fan Zone.

The site is going through some changes... Clicking Fan Zone will always take you there. I'm sure you can ignore the other couple links.
Actually, all I see when I go to the Fan Zone is what you see in the picture. I have to scroll down to see any threads.

I'm not sure why we need a Daily Zone bar that goes all the way across the screen (the lower circle in the picture) when you already have a link that's been there.

Perhaps the Daily Zone/Media Zone banner could be moved to the bottom, so we don't have to scroll down so far before getting to the threads.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;4040886 said:
Actually, all I see when I go to the Fan Zone is what you see in the picture. I have to scroll down to see any threads.

I'm not sure why we need a Daily Zone bar that goes all the way across the screen (the lower circle in the picture) when you already have a link that's been there.

Perhaps the Daily Zone/Media Zone banner could be moved to the bottom, so we don't have to scroll down so far before getting to the threads.
The sub-forums are always going to stay at the top...above the threads in the Fan Zone. It's only two extra scrolls at most, so I don't really see the issue.

But like I said, the Zone is going through some changes, so it may stay or it may not stay. Either way, that's the way it's going to be until further notice.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4040891 said:
The sub-forums are always going to stay at the top...above the threads in the Fan Zone. It's only two extra scrolls at most, so I don't really see the issue.

But like I said, the Zone is going through some changes, so it may stay or it may not stay. Either way, that's the way it's going to be until further notice.
Okay. It looks stupid. I guess I'll probably just not go there at all.

I would have thought from a web design standpoint, you'd want your content up front. And not force people to scroll down before they get to content. But whatever.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;4040893 said:
Okay. It looks stupid. I guess I'll probably just not go there at all.

I would have thought from a web design standpoint, you'd want your content up front. And not force people to scroll down before they get to content. But whatever.

Actually I removed the Forum Guideline section that showed above the threads that was close to the same height and we reduced the sticky threads considerably so the net result is you are seeing the first threads higher on the screen than you were before those changes.

That being said, WG is right in that the Zone is going through some changes so for now we ask everyone to be patient.

#reality

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
theogt;4041240 said:
I wonder if there's a version for Chrome, because as long as those gigantic banners remain up, I'm not visiting the site. It's annoying as hell.
I'll look for you, gimme a few.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been answered so closing this topic. Any further discussions please take it to PM'.s

#reality