Video: Dak’s contract will cripple the Cowboys

JBS

Reaction score
If my opinion ever coincided with this guys opinion..I'd immediately change my stance..I'd be embarrassed more than anything else to be on the same side of any argument as this guy

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Lol, more talking heads. It funny that the only people that hold this opinion on Dak are the national media type that routinely demonstrate they do not check details and just try to create controversy for ratings / clicks.

Film guys, advance stats analysits, cap gurus & most local media who follow the Cowboys closely all support paying Dak.

Cowboys fan base is easily falls prey to blowhards. Sad!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol, more talking heads. It funny that the only people that hold this opinion on Dak are the national media type that routinely demonstrate they do not check details and just try to create controversy for ratings / clicks.

Film guys, advance stats analysits, cap gurus & most local media who follow the Cowboys closely all support paying Dak.

Cowboys fan base is easily falls prey to blowhards. Sad!

Yeah.. The local media gets a lot of praise around here with their football knowledge lol.

Paying the Dak whatever he wants is fine with a lot of people because their is still this mentality that QBs are impossible to find and if you have a decent one then pay him whatever he wants.

But that mentality is hurting teams chances at winning a Super Bowl and fans and local media types just haven’t come to grips with it yet.

The best move all along would’ve been to let Dak test the open market and see what is available.

If someone signs him then fine. Even if we got no compensation it would be worth all of the cap space we get back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Already signed:
LT, RT, G, LB, DE1, CB3, WR1, TE1

Rookie Deals:
WR x 2, MLB, G x 2, C, CB x2, DE, DT

All this with $31 QB counting against a consistently rising cap.

Tell me how we're crippled again?

But you guys tell me all the time Dak needs a great defense too. Dak needs everything and he also needs to be highly paid.

We do have a team that is built to be flashy offensively. Defense? Who knows.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bad drafting, bad coaching, etc.. is what cripples a team.

Not paying a franchise QB the market price.
Right. See I need someone who says "so and so will cripple your team" to back that claim up. Because Goff's contract isn't killing the Rams It was Gurley and Cooks contracts. Wentz isn't killing the Eagles its the fact they have big money taken up by 3 defensive tackles as well as Alshon Jeffrey's and Desean Jackson.

And the issue may happen with the Cowboys if Lawrence doesn't play better.

These guys want to eliminate the quarterback money but not discuss the team having money allocated to players who don't deserve it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
But you guys tell me all the time Dak needs a great defense too. Dak needs everything and he also needs to be highly paid.

I mean you need a decent defense for sure. Everyone from Maholms to Brady does. You can still feild one after you pay your QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Nobody said he needed a great defense. People just said he needed something better than the worst special teams and the worst team in regards to turnovers. You can't be "the worst at" on 2 out of the 3 facets of the game. That's disaster for any quarterback.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I mean you need a decent defense for sure. Everyone from Maholms to Brady does. You can still feild one after you pay your QB.

If everything from the drafting, defense, offense, coaching, and whatever else needs to be perfect then you don’t need to pay a QB 35 million a year to get Dak like results.

Dalton will get your Dak like results much cheaper in this football utopia that Dak needs built for him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this guy reading from my script?

Bonus

Dak's contract=Cripple for sure for sure....RESCIND and use the cash to sign Griffin DE....

5be424e3-5bab-4964-8977-3a8cd05a4769_1.9e4dd868fe126adff2a9f596cc13335a.jpeg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If everything from the drafting, defense, offense, coaching, and whatever else needs to be perfect then you don’t need to pay a QB 35 million a year to get Dak like results.

Dalton will get your Dak like results much cheaper in this football utopia that Dak needs built for him.
Its sad that you think fielding a solid team is "being perfect". No team in the NFL is perfect. You don't need to be perfect but you can't be legendary bad. You just can't. And special teams and that defense were bad last year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its sad that you think fielding a solid team is "being perfect". No team in the NFL is perfect. You don't need to be perfect but you can't be legendary bad. You just can't. And special teams and that defense were bad last year.

We’ve field some solid teams with Dak in his 1st 4 years while his contract gave us a huge advantage.

1 playoff win to show for it.