Dak’s Instagram reaction to signing tender

NotForLong

Reaction score
Sign him long term by the 15th or the tag is pointless imo. They shouldve traded him last year if they dont.
They didn't have Dalton yet. . . And inspite of projected belief Dalton doesnt suck. I will not argue if he is better then Dak. Because that is a futile argument.

But I will say this, he is better then any rookie QB at this stage in the game

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
They didn't have Dalton yet. . . And inspite of projected belief Dalton doesnt suck. I will not argue if he is better then Dak. Because that is a futile argument.

But I will say this, he is better then any rookie QB at this stage in the game

I think dalton is good and I think dak is good

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can't draft a QB every draft because the team have other needs. I agree that after the Cowboys sign Prescott to a long term contact, whatever it turns out to be, it woulod be smart to draft a QB and start to groom him if things don't work out with Prescott. But if Prescott does what he is being paid for then I say the Cowboys need to try to keep him.

Did someone say something about drafting a QB every draft? I didn't read that.

Whether Prescott is great or not, Cowboys need options and leverage either way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There you go!

That's what EVERY team ought to be doing the way QB salaries have gone.

A productive one on a rookie deal is the most valuable thing a team can have by far.

Problem is, if it takes 3-4 years to groom them, you either need to pay them, or you groomed them for someone else. Probably need to reduce that timeline a bit and you're very correct there sir.

Very true. But if we have a guy like Dak coming up and he is ready to start then you can trade Dak or trade the young QB. Need options and need leverage.

QB University is what I would try for.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just me but I now believe something deeper is going on Dak and FO. Honest question, when the last time you heard/seen and NFL team and star player fail to reach an agreement over not money, but the length of the contract. I can't quite put my fingers on it but to see BOTH parties dig in so deep on what should be a minor issue is odd. In fact, I'm starting to think maybe, just maybe one party ( maybe both ) has never wanted to do a long-term deal this year. Just hard to see how/why what makes this deal so complicated that it's gotten to this point. Especially when you consider Wentz and Goff deals are done and by Dak's own admission he doesn't believe he should make more than Wilson who has a Super Bowl ring.
When something doesn't make sense it almost always is never true. The length of contract has is complete smoke screen. When a contract doesn't get done it's usually about the money.

pete026

Reaction score
When something doesn't make sense it almost always is never true. The length of contract has is complete smoke screen. When a contract doesn't get done it's usually about the money.
With QB contracts in particular, money and length of contract are inseparable from both sides. And not just from the simple price per year standpoint.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Do you see the type of stuff y'all post? If I was a player id be a little creeped out. Look at how you are behaving over another man

You get so excited and beside yourself. Its pathetic

The type of fans to stalk and poke holes in his hotel wall next to yours, just to spy.

https://img15.*************/img15/2228/timduncanokthatsenuf.png

#DontpayDak
Super Like for the Timmy D, boss.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
It makes the Dak fan club happy because he is still going to play for us and “prove everyone wrong.”

Makes me happy because it’s like an engagement ring. The FO still has time to make a decision.

Dak got close. Might just have to wait a year. Win win for the Cowboys FO on this one. Just talk to him through the season “in good faith” don’t commit just yet and if he’s worth it and does well, they’ll get a contract done next season. I’m done with this subject.

This is a win in my book. One of the better outcomes than just giving what he wants straight out. Here’s to a great season (hoping it starts). If it’s more of the same, we’ll make more changes. And Dak, Good luck.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak just gave up leverage. It's also a sign of good faith. Dallas now has the ball. 3 weeks.

zerofill

Reaction score
I work for a company that hovers around 1 billion annually, but I am one of a few thousands of employees that helps create the products our customers will buy. But in no way is any of our customers concerned about and/or have the desire to watch me work in creating or improving our products or processes.

When they bring in a camera crew who is filming one of those "How it's made" shows.... you make sure you get some of that. :)

I always loved those shows haha.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think dalton is good and I think dak is good
Me too

Dak will give you Durability and try hard never quit effort.

Dalton will give you a more polished QB who can make better reads and is more decisive.

With the weapons at the diposal of whoever is the QB of the Cowboys a carear year is guaranted.

Dak or Andy this team will be fun to watch.

The one wild card will be the presence of Dalton. If it is true that Dalton will not be QB bext year, i am fine with that.

I find Dak coming out lackadasical and Flat at times. In 2016 the one thing I never criticised Dak for was effort. But after Garrett assured him the starting Job he hasnt played with a sense of urgency.

That will all change now

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak just gave up leverage. It's also a sign of good faith. Dallas now has the ball. 3 weeks.
lol....Gave up leverage.....in the words of Troy Hambrick....wah doo leverage mean???:lmao::lmao2:

Dak Haters are grasping......

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
lol....Gave up leverage.....in the words of Troy Hambrick....wah doo leverage mean???:lmao::lmao2:

Dak Haters are grasping......

The guy misquoting and misapplying which Hambrick claiming someone is grasping at straws. . . .

Dak gave up even the pretense of holding out. That is what you guys were hoping for.

Leverage is based on potential real world outcomes and the risk versus reward situation for each party. The Cowboys no longer have to risk Dak holding out.