Dak’s stats during our three game win streak

zerofill

Reaction score
So your saying us males are just stupid huh lol jk

Nah... actually focusing on one thing and getting it completely correct, is better than watching everything and getting it half correct. I am a programmer, so... I prefer the tunnel vision focus haha.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Its a Sad excuse for a Cowboys fan forum. The IGNORE button is getting ready for a workout LOL
I hear you, Blackrain brother. I've thought about ignoring a few, but I'd rather confront and make fun of them when they truly look ignorantly foolish. Too much fun to ignore. lol

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Clearly I do. Another thing that is clear is, if a wr gets catches a 5 yd pass and gets 70 yds after he catches it, the QB get credit for 75 yds . Lol there is no * saying but the QB only gets credit for 5 yds because the db missed the tackle and that's the reason the WR got the rest of the 75, nothing to do with the QB. Lol only cowboy fans do that with dak

Your entire contention is based off the false premise that I'm trying to deduct yardage from Dak's passing total.

I'm not. I can't be any clearer.

The point is you thinking what Dak did, for instance, on that 40 yard pass n'catch was something special from a QBing standpoint.

It wasn't.

It was a 5-yard quick slant (thrown high). Cooper ran a tremendous route to separate from the DB. That play was primarily all Cooper. But in the effort to try and attribute something positive to Dak folks are overstating his contribution on that play.

Quite honestly, if Wentz makes that same play every Dak supporter on this forum would be saying 'meh, that was all his WR not anything he did!"

Blackrain

Reaction score
I hear you, Blackrain brother. I've thought about ignoring a few, but I'd rather confront and make fun of them when they truly look ignorantly foolish. Too much fun to ignore. lol

Fight on brother you know I got your back just losing my patients with some of these fake Cowboy fans who cant enjoy a good win or any progress being made

Little Jr

Reaction score
Your entire contention is based off the false premise that I'm trying to deduct yardage from Dak's passing total.

The point is you thinking what Dak did, for instance, on that 40 yard pass n'catch was something special from a QBing standpoint.

It wasn't.

It was a 5-yard quick slant (thrown high). Cooper ran a tremendous route to separate from the DB. That play was primarily all Cooper. But in the effort to try and attribute something positive to Dak folks are overstating his contribution on that play.

Quite honestly, if Wentz makes that same play every Dak supporter on this forum would be saying 'meh, that was all his WR not anything he did!"
Actually I never said YOU were trying deduct yds from Dak. I simply asked , are we not giving Dak credit for yac? You asked are we giving Dak credit for yac? My answer was yes because EVERY QB in the NFL gets the credit for them, if its "earned" or not, so why not Dak?

There are a lot of yac yds every game that the QB has very little to do with. Every screen pass or bubble screen, every tackle broke, every "juke", every nice block made on the play, it goes on and on but qbs gets the yardage lol.

The anti Dak crowd, or whatever they are, do everything they can to discredit anything positive he does. He can't throw for more than 200 yds and they ***** and make comments about that. He throws for 270, or whatever he threw for, and instead of saying nice game or even nice game but he still sucks lol they try to pick it apart and give everyone else credit. Lol i just think it's comical and a new low for that crowd. Hell, I couldn't stand Quinthy Carter and thought he was horrible but when he had a good game I didn't try to discredit it. I just hoped he could have another one the next week.

btcutter

Reaction score
767 yards
3 passing TDs
3 rushing TDs
0 INTs
11 YPC
70.8% completions
100.1 passer rating

Pretty good for the “worst starting QB in the league”
If Dak can stop taking those stupid sacks i would be alot happier.
Must be nice to throw for 10 yds and results are 40 and 90 yard TDs.

School

Reaction score
I've mentioned it before, but Dak is a good example of how different people can look at the same player and see very different things.

Some see a very capable qb that has been weighed down by a variety of factors, and others see a bad qb, regardless of external factors.

Over the last several weeks, that second view has begun to show cracks, and it taking larger and larger leaps of logic to try to explain away those cracks.

For example, I saw a poster earlier criticize Dak on his touchdown run, saying he should have stepped up in the pocket instead of scrambling, nevermind that there was an unblocked rusher bearing down on him, making stepping up in the pocket unfeasible, and overlooking the fact that the majority of qbs likely would've been sacked on that play rather than running it in for a touchdown.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Or the floater to Gallup on the go route where he had all day to throw, but it was so slow and high that the DB could catch up..
He threw it early for whatever reason. Unless you've been practicing for years with the same guy on that play, you need to see him break upfield before throwing that ball anticipating the upfield break. Give Dak and Gallup another couple seasons and they'll hit that throw more often.

Reactions: CWR

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is classic deep end reaction. Someone says something critical about a player they're a "hater"; someone doesn't agree with your opinion on a player they're "tearing him down."

Look, replace the name Dak for Joe Blow and I'd say the same thing. The same way I think it's silly to act like McNabb did something special on that long touchdown to TO, is the same way I'm not going to act like Dak is the Second Coming of Joe Montana for that 5-yard slant to Cooper. Dak's made some tremendous throws (particularly in 2016; TD to Brice Butler vs. Packers comes to mind), but I'll save the heaping praise for when he deserves it.
Funny thing is you actually believe it is the Dak supporters being the extremists with deep end reaction. I simply took your criticism of Dak and applied it to other QBs and somehow that criticism doesn’t seem so valid anymore. Not to worry my friend, I make those comments knowing good and well I will get a hypocritical response in return. In this case, YAC doesn’t get subtracted from QBs like Romo, only Dak. It’s what I expected. You played the part well. I teed it up and you hit a home run:thumbup:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

It wasn't.

Lol. Heaven forbid something positive about Dak be interjected into a board that is primarily a tsunami of hate for everything the man does.

Can’t have that behavior occurring, can we?

Reactions: CWR

CCBoy

Reaction score
No it’s not exactly how you said it. You tried to use it as evidence he throws accurately consistently, because he did it once, like that is evidence he was good.

Did you see his pass over the middle right before half and how his facial expressions reflected how much he knew he sucked? Why not mention that ‘dart’ that landed in the dirt despite the WR being open?

Or the floater to Gallup on the go route where he had all day to throw, but it was so slow and high that the DB could catch up..

Ever paid attention to Tony Romo's progression? He started out on the bench, what, for three seasons. He then relieved Drew Bledsoe in a game that he threw three interceptions. He went right in and threw three interception. In game five, he threw five touchdowns in the Thanksgiving Game. But when the offensive line collapsed just prior to the lock out, he had a run of rough throwing as well.

If not for two broken collar bones, a punctured lung, and a slick football on a field goal...he'd be looking at stronger departure from Dallas.

But my point here, it takes time for the top shelf to arrive in most NFL quarterbacks. Three to five seasons to arrive, and results to accumulate before they have a full bag of tricks, deliverable.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It’s like you with Dez when he was here. Funny how being negative only applies to the players you like.

I won't even offer a response or mention a negative...you start an argument.

Boyz981

Reaction score
No, I rejected his use of evidence to support your point he was making good throws over the field, in a thread he started defending Dak’s accuracy.
He is now a career 65.2 percent passer (Romo career 65.3) Imagine if he was accurate he would have to be an 80% passer for some! That might not even be good enough for some!

plasticman

Reaction score
If rushing TD's were factored into a QB'a passer ratings then Dak would be considered elite.

Perhaps it should because it does play a part in a QB successfully scoring points.

I guess you could qualify it by changing the term to "quarterback rating".