Dak’s stats during our three game win streak

khiladi

Reaction score
Wasn't a go route. Thanks for proving my point.

Done here. You did all the heavy lifting for. Go kick your dog or something. I won't let your negative nature cause me to not enjoy a 3 game winning streak and 1st place in the NFCE.

So what route was it down the sideline? Did he run some type of drag that he broke his route with for no reason and made it complicated for Dak? Keep trying to make yourself feel better.

Gallup didn’t have single coverage? Dak didn’t have a clean pocket? Dak doesn’t work with Gallup for over a year now that he doesn’t know his speed? He can’t connect on a WR he’s worked with, because he may have ran a double move?

So what exactly are you trying to justify? Your whole argument is that pass is difficult and he only is supposed to throw it when he sees his WR open. Your saying he had to throw a duck floater, because he doesn’t know Gallup and he is supposed to wait until he gets open. That shows why your career ended where it did, even though you’ve “thrown that pass before”.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Of course, but a portion is most definitely Cooper & Dak.

I believe 20 of his completions have been 1st downs.

No doubt Cooper is making those plays, but that can be attributed to a few things right now, including the attention Zeke is getting.

The TD on the quick slant is a clear example. They got a single safety that bites on play-action, besides the whole defense away from the intended play, Linehan runs a little confusion underneath Cooper with a sideline route to the other WR and the only man Cooper has to beat is his DB. Even when the safety tried to recover way late he’s not even playing the slant, he’s thinking sideline.

Zeke also has like 28 REC in the last four games.

The last six games, their four losses were when Zeke didn’t rush over 100 yards. He’s also had over 20 plus carries his last two games.

School

Reaction score
No doubt Cooper is making those plays, but that can be attributed to a few things right now, including the attention Zeke is getting.

The TD on the quick slant is a clear example. They got a single safety that bites on play-action, besides the whole defense away from the intended play, Linehan runs a little confusion underneath Cooper with a sideline route to the other WR and the only man Cooper has to beat is his DB. Even when the safety tried to recover way late he’s not even playing the slant, he’s thinking sideline.

Zeke also has like 28 REC in the last four games.

The last six games, their four losses were when Zeke didn’t rush over 100 yards. He’s also had over 20 plus carries his last two games.

That play was an RPO.

khiladi

Reaction score
Is the line pass blocking or run blocking?

Doesn’t make it RPO.. RPOs aren’t dictated by what blocking the OL is doing. What do you think play-action fakes are?

Just stop..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It's so odd with Dak, there are times he is frustrating with poor throws or slow reads. Then he dazzles with an amazing play that it seems no other QB can make.
It's not odd. LOL.
It's normal.

Tony Romo was the same way. I guess some of you guys started following the team or were simply born fairly recently.
For much of Romo's first 7-8 years in the NFL he sat 2-3 years, then he made a mistake on a FG hold that cost this team a playoff win.
Then he had some god awful turnovers.
Then he made magic at times.
Then he grew into a guy who would rip you to shreds in the 2 minute drill and steal your girl.

That is kinda how it works.

Dak's power is all in his lower base. He has great accuracy and arm strength when he throws through his base and with his legs.
Falling back using only arm he has a noodle arm.
That's OK. He will learn how to adjust there with experience.
He'll compensate more on arm throws.

People want to judge Dak in a vacuum. To say every negative nonsensical thing they can when reality is that applies to 95% of ALL QBs below the age of 30.
Dak gives you some rare things and he has some weaknesses.
It is an overall skillset you can OBVIOUSLY WIN WITH. 28-15 is a record any QB would be proud of in their first 3 years as a starter. It is actually better than Drew Brees over the same period.
Dak has NEVER finished 500 or below as a starter on ANY level.
He is a competitor and has a will to win.
If he were to never develop anything else he'd be a middle of the road starter.
But only a donkey would assume he won't develop any more.

khiladi

Reaction score
I was gonna take it step by step with you...but anyway, it was an RPO.

No you weren’t. You said it was RPO based on the blocking they were doing, so you looked stupid and then you scoured the internet trying to find out some justification for it. So Witten says it was an RPO. It could have been, but that is not in any way indicated from the play on the field.

Now to slow it down for you:

Even if RPO, it still didn’t change the play, meaning it was still a perfect call by Linehan. Did Dak change the play into a pass? Did that RPO change the passing formation that was part of the RPO option?

I know, it’s hard for you Dak homers to comprehend finer points. You just look for any excuse to ride Dak’s jock, but will bash Linehan for his garbage play.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Romo walked in a train wreck.

Bledsoe was throwing at a 50% percentage and had more INTs than TDs and no OL and no rushing attack.

It was pretty much consensus by guys like Darren Woodson that Romo was already the best QB on the team when he came on board.

Just stop.
Romo contributed to that train wreck. They could have gone to the SB in 2006. But nope!

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo contributed to that train wreck. They could have gone to the SB in 2006. But nope!

Why are you responding to me? You said you were done. Romo saved that season. Parcels had his players flying down from NY and cheering him on from the sidelines before Romo was inserted in the line-up and that wasn’t by choice by Parcells, because Bledsoe was his boy.

School

Reaction score
No you weren’t. You said it was RPO based on the blocking they were doing, so you looked stupid and then you scoured the internet trying to find out some justification for it.

So Witten says it was an RPO. It could have been, but that is not in any way indicated from the play on the field.

No to slow it down for you:

Dak didn’t change the play, meaning it was still a perfect call by Linehan, becayse the first choice was his first choice.

Don't get mad at me. I'm not the one that couldn't recognize an RPO.

khiladi

Reaction score
Don't get mad at me. I'm not the one that couldn't recognize an RPO.

You clearly couldn’t recognize it. Did Dak change the play? Your recognition of it was based on “run blocking or pass blocking”. So then you finally found a tweet from Witten saying it was an RPO, otherwise you would have gone to Witten first, not used a totally embarrassing ‘proof’ that it was RPO because of the type of blocking the Cowboys did up front.Play action passes show run blocking all the time..

So congratulation, you think play action can’t exist with run blocking and I can’t supposedly ‘recognize and RPO’. You feel better now or am I still in your feelings?

Did Dak change any play? Nope.. Does RPO mean Dak chose the play design at that moment? Nope.. Dak made a simply pass any QB in the NFL should make.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why are you responding to me? You said you were done. Romo saved that season. Parcels had his players flying down from NY and cheering him on from the sidelines before Romo was inserted in the line-up and that wasn’t by choice by Parcells, because Bledsoe was his boy.
Saved the season? Are you high? He single handedly ended it.

Just stop.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It's not odd. LOL.
It's normal.

Tony Romo was the same way. I guess some of you guys started following the team or were simply born fairly recently.
For much of Romo's first 7-8 years in the NFL he sat 2-3 years, then he made a mistake on a FG hold that cost this team a playoff win.
Then he had some god awful turnovers.
Then he made magic at times.
Then he grew into a guy who would rip you to shreds in the 2 minute drill and steal your girl.

That is kinda how it works.

Dak's power is all in his lower base. He has great accuracy and arm strength when he throws through his base and with his legs.
Falling back using only arm he has a noodle arm.
That's OK. He will learn how to adjust there with experience.
He'll compensate more on arm throws.

People want to judge Dak in a vacuum. To say every negative nonsensical thing they can when reality is that applies to 95% of ALL QBs below the age of 30.
Dak gives you some rare things and he has some weaknesses.
It is an overall skillset you can OBVIOUSLY WIN WITH. 28-15 is a record any QB would be proud of in their first 3 years as a starter. It is actually better than Drew Brees over the same period.
Dak has NEVER finished 500 or below as a starter on ANY level.
He is a competitor and has a will to win.
If he were to never develop anything else he'd be a middle of the road starter.
But only a donkey would assume he won't develop any more.

What you're doing is textbook example of false equivalence "well, Romo threw bad passes just like Dak does at times," which is just an attempt at to appeal to some generic similarity (e.g. "all QBs miss some passes") to remove criticism of Dak by making him just like everyone else.

Regardless of how history views Romo (good or bad), it's not remotely debatable that he is better at the primary aspect of playing QB......passing the ball.

School

Reaction score
You clearly couldn’t recognize it. Your recognition of it was based on “run blocking or pass blocking”. So then you finally found a tweet from Witten saying it was an RPO, otherwise you would have gone to Witten first, not used a totally embarrassing ‘proof’ that it was RPO because of the type of blocking the Cowboys did up front.

Play action passes show run blocking all the time..

Now you're making incorrect assumptions to deflect from the fact that you explicitly said it wasn't an RPO when it clearly was.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
767 yards
3 passing TDs
3 rushing TDs
0 INTs
11 YPC
70.8% completions
100.1 passer rating

Pretty good for the “worst starting QB in the league”

What nimrod called him the worst starting QB in the league

khiladi

Reaction score
Saved the season? Are you high? He single handedly ended it.

Just stop.

No, Parcells with his conservative game plan not testing corners that came off the street costed them.
Parcells was on the verge of major depression until Romo saved the season. Parcells defense couldn’t stop a basic screen pass against Kitna and the Lions in December.

Romo had no problems getting them up the field for the FG when Parcells could no longer play conservative. And Romo wasn’t even supposed to be the holder anyways.

But why are you still responding?

khiladi

Reaction score
Now you're making incorrect assumptions to deflect from the fact that you explicitly said it wasn't an RPO when it clearly was.

No it clearly wasn’t.. if it clearly was, you wouldn’t have needed a tweet from Witten to say it was, after your incorrect assumption it was based on ‘run blocking’ or ‘pass blocking’... you have no idea where he drew that inference was and it clearly wasn’t RPO simply by the fact they were “run blocking” or “pass blocking”...

You were just trying to Dak slob-fest to discredit that it was great play design and the defense totally keying in on Zeke..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, Parcells with his conservative game plan not testing corners that came off the street costed them.
Parcells was on the verge of major depression until Romo saved the season. Parcells defense couldn’t stop a basic screen pass against Kitna and the Lions in December.

Romo had no problems getting them up the field for the FG when Parcells could no longer play conservative. And Romo wasn’t even supposed to be the holder anyways.

But why are you still responding?
Because Romo failed when the game mattered most. That's on him, stop making excuses. He had an opportunity and screwed the pooch.
That team was good enough to at least go to the Super Bowl.

I'll post when I want, stop acting high and mighty.