Dak, “We don’t need a 1 WR”

coult44

Reaction score
How many Super Bowls did Detroit win with Calvin Jonson, or Minnesota with Randy Moss, or Atlanta with Julio Jones? Having a clear #1 is not the key element to winning. Some SB winners have it, but not all do.

In todays football having great WR’s is much more important than a decade ago.

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean saying we don't need a #1 WR is kind of insulting to Lamb, right?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone remember this quote from a few years ago? It still holds true.
"I don't know if any team in the league necessarily needs a No. 1 receiver," Prescott said via Pro Football Talk. "It's about getting the ball out, spreading the ball around, keeping the defense on its toes."

This is what has been drilled into Daks head since he came into the NFL. This is our style of football. From JG, to KM, and now from Big Mike. Spreading the ball around is all Dak can do. Distributing the ball to 10 different guys is why it doesn't make since to pay any WR big money in Dallas. Get ready guys, because if we still have the same philosophy in a couple of years, CeeDee will walk also. I love Coop, but he’s better off now to spend the rest of his career someplace where he is allowed to dominate at a WR1.
Well, Dak, when you become a #1 QB, you won't need a #1 receiver. What a letdown he has become.

basel90

Reaction score
Anyone remember this quote from a few years ago? It still holds true.
"I don't know if any team in the league necessarily needs a No. 1 receiver," Prescott said via Pro Football Talk. "It's about getting the ball out, spreading the ball around, keeping the defense on its toes."

This is what has been drilled into Daks head since he came into the NFL. This is our style of football. From JG, to KM, and now from Big Mike. Spreading the ball around is all Dak can do. Distributing the ball to 10 different guys is why it doesn't make since to pay any WR big money in Dallas. Get ready guys, because if we still have the same philosophy in a couple of years, CeeDee will walk also. I love Coop, but he’s better off now to spend the rest of his career someplace where he is allowed to dominate at a WR1.
Wilson and amari contracts show how bad Dak has been . His inability to generate wins with such top tier wide receivers is another proof he is ruining this team chances and has wasted so much money and talent .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In todays football having great WR’s is much more important than a decade ago.
Julio Jones isn't a decade ago. Calvin Johnson either - retired 2015. OR Davonte Adams? Besides, it's not as if Lamb and Gallup are scraping the bottom of the barrel.