Dak 2022 vs 2023

SackMaster

Reaction score
Things got better when they got back to 2022 playcalling. Early in the year, the offense was putrid under McCarthy's approach.
I remember a time when teams played their starters in preseason games, and even with 4 preseason games, it still took a week or two into the regular season for the offenses to catch up to defenses.

Now a lot of starters, specifically the big-dollar ones, don't take a single snap in preseason. So is it any surprise it took 5+ weeks to get the offense going?

Call me crazy, but I feel like the "new offense" wasn't working as good as it could because the starting offense was learning how to execute in game environment in REGULAR season games.

JMHO

Proof

Reaction score
I’m old enough to remember you guys thought we were going to be a running team
this is purely curiosity, but do you only post to tell everyone how they're wrong and you're right?

JBS

Reaction score
this is purely curiosity, but do you only post to tell everyone how they're wrong and you're right?
Nope. I started a thread saying we’d be the 5 seed a month ago

erod

Reaction score
I remember a time when teams played their starters in preseason games, and even with 4 preseason games, it still took a week or two into the regular season for the offenses to catch up to defenses.

Now a lot of starters, specifically the big-dollar ones, don't take a single snap in preseason. So is it any surprise it took 5+ weeks to get the offense going?

Call me crazy, but I feel like the "new offense" wasn't working as good as it could because the starting offense was learning how to execute in game environment in REGULAR season games.

JMHO
They changed their playcalling completely after the first few weeks when they were just making everything quick throws.

erod

Reaction score
here's the thing with you guys this isn't new, ,Prescott has always been the same guy..what that twitter post shows is daK WAS STILL ON ROLL LAST YEAR. HIS weapons literally and figuratively dropped the ball. far too many tipped passes, easy catches Turing into INTs etc etc. 2021 37 tds 10 Ints, 2018 went 5-3 down the stretch to save year and make it to the 2nd round after starting 3-5... i mean his rookie year 11 in a row, hes always been this qb just needs his teammates to come with him in the big moments of big games.
Lol

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie..I've often wondered what this team would look like with someone like Kyle Shanahan as coach??? I mean, its something to think about..............

SackMaster

Reaction score
They changed their playcalling completely after the first few weeks when they were just making everything quick throws.
Not completely, it's been more aggressive deep, but Dak and CeeDee have OWNED those quick slants since the SF game, which obviously helps.

Plus the receivers holding onto throws has helped a ton too. I mean, we had like 4 to maybe 6 dropped TDs in the first 5 weeks.

So you can say the execution has improved since then.
:thumbup:

Toro9

Reaction score
here's the thing with you guys this isn't new, ,Prescott has always been the same guy..what that twitter post shows is daK WAS STILL ON ROLL LAST YEAR. HIS weapons literally and figuratively dropped the ball. far too many tipped passes, easy catches Turing into INTs etc etc. 2021 37 tds 10 Ints, 2018 went 5-3 down the stretch to save year and make it to the 2nd round after starting 3-5... i mean his rookie year 11 in a row, hes always been this qb just needs his teammates to come with him in the big moments of big games.
Not sure what you got from my comment but I don't appreciate you lumping me in with others. Still love ya

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure what you got from my comment but I don't appreciate you lumping me in with others. Still love ya
lol you guys meaning everyone who can read this in a public forum that means everyone here that happened to browse past my statement I'm trying to help them remember...

Especially the haters people think this is the first time Prescott went on a run like this and it is not in fact he's had one every year except 2017 and 2017 being without his buddies he you know who got suspended and shouldn't have and the offensive line was a little weird like the play calling was sad I mean outside of that year he's had at least a six game stretch like this every year of his career or better and people just now starting to notice I don't get why...

But I'm happy his popularity vote has gone up but for me he's always been the same guy sure he's getting a little better like 2014 Tony Romo but Prescott's always had a nice run in season like this I mean you're asking the guy to carry a game and be up for all 17 that's ridiculous that's why right now we should be concentrating on how bad the defense is and having a lack of a strong run game and a physical offensive line and Prescott still able to win some of these games but he's going to need some help against the Eagles and the rest of this tough schedule down the stretch and on the road especially going into the playoffs he can't do it by himself don't expect this in the playoffs being able to win games without a run game and a lack of physical offensive line and or playing behind the chains a lot because of penalties by your offensive line and your defensive line we remember that game but all people remember is the negative on Prescott until now I don't get it...

But for sure I just want to remind people do not expect this from Prescott in the playoffs or against the better teams because he needs help like everyone else and we better have a better run game a better game plan and for sure a better defense. we will need it Just dak can win some games but just dak wont work in bigger games.​

BobSacamano

Reaction score
They also went into the season wanting emphasize the run game and lean on the D. I think I thought I recall Shotty saying something in the offseason that the running game was going to be a focal point. Maybe I’m wrong but either way it was the wrong approach.