Dak against NFC East opponents

Wood

Reaction score
Dak now has more interceptions (6) than TD passes (5) in 9 games against NFC East teams. That is ominous stat. Not drumming up support for Dak exist but that needs to improve for him to stay starting QB of Cowboys. I do think there needs to be competition in camp next year.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak now has more interceptions (6) than TD passes (5) in 9 games against NFC East teams. That is ominous stat. Not drumming up support for Dak exist but that needs to improve for him to stay starting QB of Cowboys. I do think there needs to be competition in camp next year.

I totally agree - signed Kellen Moore.

J817

Reaction score
Competition from who? A rookie (maybe we should spend a 1st round pick on a QB)? Or should the Cowboys sign a Alex Smith if he is made available? Or lets convince the Commanders to let have Kirk Cousins somehow. Or let’s trade for Tyrod Taylor or Bridgwater if they are made available.

No matter how you get your new QB the same results will occur on the field. If this coaching staff is in place next year idc who you replace Dak with. This team will go no where with this coaching staff in place. 8-10 years or mediocrity should have told you and everyone else asking for Dak’s replacement that by now.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak has played well against the Deadskins but hasn't played well against the Gints and the EaGirls.
I'm not surprised.

Spagnuolo (Gints DC) and Schwartz's (EaGirls' DC) defenses have owned JG even with Romo. Even Romo has had real bad games against them. It may be due to Dak's ability but I'm sure our scheme is big part of why he hasn't played well against them .

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Competition from who? A rookie (maybe we should spend a 1st round pick on a QB)? Or should the Cowboys sign a Alex Smith if he is made available? Or lets convince the Commanders to let have Kirk Cousins somehow. Or let’s trade for Tyrod Taylor or Bridgwater if they are made available.

No matter how you get your new QB the same results will occur on the field. If this coaching staff is in place next year idc who you replace Dak with. This team will go no where with this coaching staff in place. 8-10 years or mediocrity should have told you and everyone else asking for Dak’s replacement that by now.

You can have both, new coaching staff and bringing in competition.

People need to understand, Dak is getting awfully close to scrubs competing with him. You don't even need to go big, he's simply play at a very low level.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dak has played well against the Deadskins but hasn't played well against the Gints and the EaGirls.
I'm not surprised.

Spagnuolo (Gints DC) and Schwartz's (EaGirls' DC) defenses have owned JG even with Romo. Even Romo has had real bad games against them. It may be due to Dak's ability but I'm sure our scheme is big part of why he hasn't played well against them .

uhh i believe spagnuolo beat Romo once in his career and that was the playoff game, the game spagnuolo copied jimmie johnsons gameplan from the eagles december win at texas stadium in 07.

So saying romo & garett were owned by spagnuolo is 100% false.

Zman5

Reaction score
uhh i believe spagnuolo beat Romo once in his career and that was the playoff game, the game spagnuolo copied jimmie johnsons gameplan from the eagles december win at texas stadium in 07.

So saying romo & garett were owned by spagnuolo is 100% false.

Go look at how he played not just the score board. Just because the Cowboys won the game doesn't mean he played well in those games. He usually got beat up in those games.

bodi

Reaction score
gosh my why he was drafted in the fourth round sounds pretty good now

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Go look at how he played not just the score board. Just because the Cowboys won the game doesn't mean he played well in those games. He usually got beat up in those games.
Romo vs spags?

i would suggest you go look at the games because you clearly do not remember them. Romo beat spags twice in 07 & in 08. Romo torched his rams defense. Then Romo took apart his defense in 15.

plus he was the dc of saints in 2012 that romo threw the ball all over.

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo vs spags?

i would suggest you go look at the games because you clearly do not remember them. Romo beat spags twice in 07 & in 08. Romo torched his rams defense. Then Romo took apart his defense in 15.

plus he was the dc of saints in 2012 that romo threw the ball all over.

Never mind. I was thinking about Jim Haslette not Spags. It's late and I've drank too much.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Dak is in the midst of a 4th rd pick learning curve, but for annoyance sake, what's Eli's #'s against the NFC? Ya know, the guy who was way better than Romo, because HE won 2 superbowls with his studded Manning genetics. :D:rolleyes:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

People need to understand, Dak is getting awfully close to scrubs competing with him. You don't even need to go big, he's simply play at a very low level.
Name names big guy. Who do you want competing with Dak?

J817

Reaction score

So who? A rookie? Should we use a 1st on a guy? What about a 2nd? 3rd? Dare I say 4th? Let’s remeber for a minute how bad this defense is and how poor the WRs are playing and plus there is 36 year old TE. Tightend is a position that needs to be addressed eventually in the draft. If not a unexperienced rookie, lets sign a guy. How much money should they invest in this competition? Not so big? Chase Daniel signed for a crazy amount to be a backup. Should the Cowboys go that route?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Dak is far from the problem. All this does is continue to expose Garrett's terrible offense. When Tyron and Zeke are out, any QB running this offense will look like Weeden, Cassel, Kellen, etc.

And that stat doesn't include Dak's rushing TDs in those games (3).

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So who? A rookie? Should we use a 1st on a guy? What about a 2nd? 3rd? Dare I say 4th? Let’s remeber for a minute how bad this defense is and how poor the WRs are playing and plus there is 36 year old TE. Tightend is a position that needs to be addressed eventually in the draft. If not a unexperienced rookie, lets sign a guy. How much money should they invest in this competition? Not so big? Chase Daniel signed for a crazy amount to be a backup. Should the Cowboys go that route?

What did I just say?

Literally a scrub could be competing with how Dak is playing. It's that bad.

Take your pick

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Quarterback is simply more important than every position you just mentioned. If you don't have a QB, no other position matters. You need to have a functioning QB, something Dak is not right now. He's playing that bad. We can't even score a TD.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Our scheme is just terrible. The Eagles ran a beautiful misdirection play to get the momentum back.

Our biggest schemed play is a Dak rollout which all DEs go after now.

We ran the qb option ONE time.

The staff is terrible

Cmac

Reaction score
Go with the conventional......blame Dez.