Dak and the players didn't execute

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Kurt saying Cooks route could improve on the first pick doesn’t negate the fact that Kurt doesn’t believe Dak shouldn’t have thrown it.
Cooks running vertical (instead of more horizontal) allowed the 2nd DB to cover CeeDee early at the same time, thus forcing Dak to throw underneath and early since the ball was inside the 5 yard line and so close to the endzone. The ball had to come out quickly. You would understand this if you played football, especially on Offense.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Dak sucks under pressure in almost ALL situations. I've said this for two YEARS - Dak has a HORRIBLE game in the last game of the season. Some slow brains on this forum say "well every QB has a bad game their last game except for one". That is BS. Dak sucks and it's too risky to keep counting on him. You never know when you'll get your CJ Stroud. Yeah, you might end up with a few Quincy Carters and Dak Prescotts along the way, but you have to risk it.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You guys are either too stubborn, not doing enough research to understand what went wrong with those INTs...or straight out hell bent on just hating and blaming the QB simply because you don't like him. It's been the same problem for the past 3 playoffs. The WR routes are off and designed to hurt (not help) our Offense while helping opposing Defenses. Plus, it throws the timing off, thus affecting any kind of positive result.

Who does Dak blame? Even when Dak blames himself, you'll apologize for him.

75boyz

Reaction score
you eagles fans get off our forum, you losers hoping we extend the choker so he will ruin the team for 4 more years. I hate eagles fans like you.
Yep,
Total Eagles Troll hoping we extend him so they have a better chance at the division. We see them.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Glad you get it. Dak’s my favorite QB because he plays for the Cowboys but I can admit when the man plays bad.
Sure, Dak made some bad plays (like taking a sack and getting the offense out of field goal range), but I'm showing what Kurt Warner had to say about those 2 interceptions. Why can't y'all learn and understand what Kurt is explaining?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep,
Total Eagles Troll hoping g we extend him so they have a better chance at the division. We see them.
Yeah, Jerry has to be an Eagles owner behind closed doors. Jerry makes team decisions to help the Eagles organization.

Crazy.

75boyz

Reaction score
The irony is Kurt is discussing play design and saying what his preference is. It’s the SAME offense Dallas has been running ALL YEAR.

The fundamental issue is why are they running the basic offense? It’s because of Dak….

A lot of Kurt’s presumptions in his latest videos are built on the premise that Dak can do what he did…. But Kurt doesn’t attack players, as he said clearly in the beginning of its videos, it’s to provide coaching criticisms and where they think they can improve.
To take it even a step further to the QB mental limitations...
Remember it was only a 30 percent overhaul from the KM offense anyway.
To strictly make sure that it stayed dumbed down enough for him.

I said at the start of the year that once again, in game QB decision making would play a huge role in our failure.

And it will continue as long as SleepNumber's under center.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Let me start by saying Dak deserves the blame for the offensive struggles because he did not play well. Obviously.

But the playcalling was NOT good either. This was the pre-bye week offense again when the team was struggling to score touchdowns. Whenever the Cowboys played a good team this year- 49ers, Bills, Dolphins, Packers- the playcalling went into a conservative shell.

McCarthy coached scared. There was very little motion and misdirection. There was no more inside zone runs that started to work a bit back in November. There was a bunch of short routes. The Cowboys offense exploded this year once they went aggressive and started attacking defenses. They did not do that Sunday until it was too late.

Dak needs to be better in big games, I get it. But maybe a big step towards that goal would be putting him in position to do what he does well. That was not the case in just about every loss this year. And that falls on the coaching staff.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I would never expect the "team leader" to set the tone for the team. I'd rather he hide on the bench with his head down like dak when we are losing. I can't understand why his teammates think he's a choker.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm going to be controversial and say that Mike McCarthy didn't call a bad game. Dak Prescott played a poor game. Dak and the players didn't execute. I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but watch the tape on the game.

I'm going to start with the interceptions. Firstly, another poster was showing the interception to Jaire Alexander. On that play, Dak stares down the intended receiver. If you watch the angle and if Dak were to have gone through his progressions, you'd see CeeDee Lamb wide open on a corner route. That was a good play call ruined by Dak's poor decision making.

Secondly, here's the pick six play (). Dak completely forced this to Lamb. Look on the bottom of the screen. At no point does he look at Ferguson. If he does, that's a big gain. In fact, given that Ferguson only has that CB behind him, there's a chance that could've been a TD.

Now, for some of the blame going to other players, here's the play to CeeDee Lamb early in the game.

If you watch at about the 1:23ish spot, you'll see the play I'm talking about. The route is good. The ball is a little too far, and Lamb misses it. This play and the interceptions shifted momentum at the worst times. Usually, if there's a blowout, there are a few plays where you can see the momentum swing to where it can't be regained until it's too late. This is one of those games.

As I watch the tape more, the more that I see why Mike was brought back. He actually called a decent game, despite the score. As you watch the replay of the game, the players on offense didn't execute. Mike was calling plays that Dak was comfortable with for most of the season. Dak, for whatever reason, defaulted to his rookie form. The defence, on the other hand, is a subject for another thread.

You can keep finding blame all you want but more of this is to do with the defense in the 1st place the lack of a physical run game made US1 dimensional and that first interception from what I can see after watching it three times is cooks got interfered with and it wasn't called we get used to the no calls but that's OK but don't blame Prescott for something that was pass interference not once he hit and ran through cooks and grabbed his shoulder and used that leverage to pull himself into the football that's how that defensive back intercepted that ball it was not a bad throw whether you think he looked him down or not...

The second interception from what I understand from listening to some of the feedback which is hard to tell who's right who's wrong but Prescott is now in a timing based offense just like Troy Aikman threw 144 interceptions in and sometimes you let the ball go thinking your receivers going to run a specific route into a specific area and when they don't that's the kind of pick six is that gonna happen I don't remember if it was CD lamb or whoever it was but he also dropped three passes and then you had the miscommunication on the pick six that was all Prescott the lamb so you can make excuses for the players on the fringe but you don't know where that was supposed to go and who was supposed to do what...

And again it's easy to sit back and blame the quarterback I get that but we had one-dimensional football and an offensive line well at times looked OK they were not doing their jobs long enough for us to break a maximum coverage zone waiting for dudes to get open...

Why can't we just stop the venting and the crazy who was to blame and it was one giant turn of a game for the entire team.... The team laid an egg the team didn't play well can you all understand team is not spelled quarterback.. And even if the offense somehow played better if they played like they did in Seattle we still probably lose this game we couldn't stop the run we couldn't stop the pass we couldn't stop the scoring I mean literally they scored it felt like almost every damn time they had the football and not three we're talking about 7 that defense looked like they were playing 11 on 7 that means they're offense look like they're dudes were so wide open if Prescott was on the Packers team we win this game He also wins the game...

The game plans and the circumstances to what the oppositions quarterback gets to play in in these playoff games are completely different than what Prescott Romo got to play with I mean I'm not making excuses I'm telling you what I'm seeing it looked like practice out there at times dirt we're running the ball into giant holes that weren't filled until they were eight yards up field and the same thing with a lot of the receiving there was at least 8 plays I saw dudes that were so open it looked like a scrimmage...

So if you wanna just say if they haven't played a little bit better we made the game closer but we still lose by 10 I guarantee that that defense never allows us to play catch up... Kind of similar to the NFC championship game the first year with Barry switzer yeah the players screwed up they got us down 21 nothing but they never could catch up they lost by 10 points...

It is what it is the team just flat out played bad from the top to the bottom coaches players I mean how we can blame the whoever sets up the locker room maybe they're responsible for all the sicknesses this year maybe they didn't clean up well I don't know it was a bad game the bad ending to the season as usual but everyone trying to give their opinion on what went wrong just use the word,

team failure

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The last two seasons, it wasn’t the defenses fault, it was Kellen MOORE’s fault for the offense for the interceptions. As long as it’s not Dak, we are good.

And I'm saying that Dak played a big role in this loss.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Then who is responsible for all those Pollard run up the middle on 1st down when he gets hit at the LOS or perhaps actually gain 1 or 2 yards?

That is both playcalling and the construction of the team. We all knew Mike wanted to run the ball, and the FO gave him Pollard who is not a between the tackles runner on a consistent basis. We need a back who can consistently run up the middle and use Pollard as a scat back.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You guys are either too stubborn, not doing enough research to understand what went wrong with those INTs...or straight out hell bent on just hating and blaming the QB simply because you don't like him. It's been the same problem for the past 3 playoffs. The WR routes are off and designed to hurt (not help) our Offense while helping opposing Defenses. Plus, it throws the timing off, thus affecting any kind of positive result.

You know I like Dak. However, if something is Dak's fault, I have to be fair and put the balance on him where it is warranted. I saw open receivers on the two picks. I think Dak, if he went through his progressions, had an open receiver. I think he and Mike have done well together overall, but the picks had open receivers.