Twitter: Dak asking for $40 mil per Slater

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I might be the biggest Dak fan on here or at least close to it. I put Wentz contract in front of him, take it, or play out the season. There is a salary cap. There are other players that need to get paid. I think he can justify wentz money, maybe even a little more. Can not justify wilson $ and certainly not 5 more than wilson.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Haha Pappys head night not be the only one that explodes if he got anywhere close to that. Cowboys shouldn’t pay him more than $30milliom/year and even that seems a little high.

$20 MIL a year (which is still too high for his medium-range skills) is more like it.
Of course, everyone will say with high agitation, "It's Jerry's money to spend, not yours!"
True, but only a lout from Manchester would believe that giving in to Dak will not affect prices from tickets to parking to coffee cups to Cowboy pillows sand towels.
WE pay for Jerry's generosity, don't we?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The video demonstrates what we see almost every week. The guy is inaccurate.
And he wants 40 million a year for this?
Hey Dak get ready for reality and its gonna hit you real hard bud!
Your a grade C QB at best and your 15 min of fame are almost up!!!!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes is going to hit $60 million when his time comes. That's where we're headed.

In the meantime, backup linebackers will still be making $600K.

The disparity is going to be ugly.

I would love backup linebacker's pay. :laugh:

The more money these guys get, the bigger the disconnect there's going to be between them and the fans, too. Most of us have little empathy for millionaires that are set for life crying to get even more millions.

Reaction score
Why can’t our players EVER be realistic about their value? Philly always seems to get reasonable deals from theirs. I don’t get it.

erod

Reaction score
This just hammers home how stupid the Eagles were to give Wentz that kind of money.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Nobody is saying Dak is a bad guy. He's just delusional to think any team would pay him that.

Or, he's trying to go the Kirk Cousins route and force Dallas to franchise tag him next season. That saves Dallas a ton of money this year and costs Dak a lot.

It's a dumb risk he's taking. He's just not that good.

This is WONDERFUL news for us as fans. He has to prove it, and if he doesn't, the team isn't screwed for the next five years with a Garropolo contract.

The ask high price is always delusional in negotiations. I know the thread is moving fast but take a look at what people are saying about him as if normal negotiation is a moral failing or something. I've said it before. Capitalism (greed is good) is great until someone else gets more. Then they're "bad" for being greedy.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Watching Rush and White play supplied him with some leverage.

Actually Rush wasn't that bad the other night. He doesn't have a lot of arm but it appears his anticipation and decision making was better.

And no, I am not suggesting we play Rush.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
***!!!!!!? This sounds like bs to me. I can see him get 32.5 to 34 but no more. I want a million dollars for one of my bulls ain’t happening.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Calvin Hill needs to assess Dak for his mental health because he is seriously delusional and I am concern that he is not right in the head. Wants 40 million a year which would put him as the highest paid player and he has not even been to the SB let alone won it. At least Russel Wilson can say he has been to two SB. Dak and his agent really need to come back reality world and leave the fantasy world behind.