Dak contract restructured; small cap amount added via bonus

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dak likely wants no more than four years and might want three again. If so, the void years can come in handy for spreading out the early hits. They could push any added bonus money into the void to lower the front-end hit.
OF course, I was responding to a post about just using the two void years available now in his current contract. I don't think they want to use those and never wanted to spend money in FA anyway. I'm sure they'll want some void years in a new contract.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
such bad advice unless you assume all this is real.

its all theft anyway.

just using the S&P 500 historic value...in 2007 you would have lost a substantial amount of wealth...would have had to wait until 2014 to gain that wealth back to even and then wait even longer to get some real gains.

by that time inflation had nearly doubled.

odd that the system tells you to save your money when thats bad for you. it just means less services the system has to pay you out in the end(which it prefers) because of inflation eating all your savings power.

its all built on a lie...and boils down to theft.

the rich get rich by lying to kids

warren buffet has said Berkshire has dipped below 50% of its value a view times and it was never warranted. who would invest in something that can take unsuspecting nosedives when they are not warranted. sounds like a scam.
I get what you are saying and I agree it’s all a Ponzi scheme. However, using the Great Recession as the starting point for S&P performance is a little misleading.

And you are right, the system does tell you save your money whether in pensions, 401k’s, mutual funds, bank deposits, etc. Why…because they need the ability to leverage those dollars to make their bets. There is a reason why so many sports franchises are owned by hedge fund managers and Wall Street executives. They make a fortune betting with other peoples money and know when they skirt the law, it will be a minimal fine relative to their returns (if they ever get caught). Create a derivative of a derivative, make it so complex that nobody can understand it, and sell it the unsuspecting masses. Fines are just a cost of doing business.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I get what you are saying and I agree it’s all a Ponzi scheme. However, using the Great Recession as the starting point for S&P performance is a little misleading.

And you are right, the system does tell you save your money whether in pensions, 401k’s, mutual funds, bank deposits, etc. Why…because they need the ability to leverage those dollars to make their bets. There is a reason so many sports franchises are owned by hedge fund managers and Wall Street executives. They make a fortune betting with other peoples money and know when they skirt the law, it will be a minimal fine relative to their returns (if they ever get caught). Create a derivative of a derivative, make it so complex that nobody can understand it, and sell it the unsuspecting masses. Fines are just a cost of doing business.
The problem with your first point is that it's all fake to screw me or beings like me over. It doesn't matter the starting point. I zig, the system zags to steal from me.

The stock market is specifically designed to steal.

Kinda odd how this whole forum is over run by anti pay player posters. If the shoe fits

Spottswoode

Reaction score
The problem with your first point is that it's all fake to screw me or beings like me over. It doesn't matter the starting point. I zig, the system zags to steal from me.

The stock market is specifically designed to steal.

Kinda odd how this whole forum is over run by anti pay player posters. If the shoe fits
Again I don’t disagree…I was just pointing out that measuring performance starting just before the largest correction since the Great Depression is a little misleading.

The problem is there aren’t many easily accessible alternatives for most people considering their levels of investment understanding and liquidity. Excessive printing has devalued the dollar, so cash is a losing proposition. However one chooses to invest, if you are not at a minimum keeping up with inflation, you are going backwards.