Dak doesn’t deserve kid gloves

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ha, this board cracks me up and why I always come back..
Just wait until draft fever strikes, we will all be back in line.

kskboys

Reaction score
why no one took it easy on him before the contract. In fairness no one took it easy on Hutchinson, Henson or any of the other past QB. I think it pretty funny that most of those who complain about the contract complained about Dak before the contract. Fact is he will catch heat until this team wins a championship. I watched Meredith and White take heat they did not deserve and even saw Aikman at the tail end of his career get booed.
Yes they did. There were polls done before and after the contract, and the numbers changed dramatically.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes they did. There were polls done before and after the contract, and the numbers changed dramatically.

It is what it is. QB market value dictates it. Had Dallas got a deal done at the begging we would be looking at 30 to 35 mill but no deal was done based on length of contract disputes. The Mahomes got the 50 mill and Watson 39 mill setting the QB market. As I have said many times, soon other QB will be commanding more than what Dak has because as each passes the market values increase. Dallas will deal with it just as other teams are forced to deal with it. Fact is many here complained about Dak after he took over for Romo and the crying began and has not stopped.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It is what it is. QB market value dictates it. Had Dallas got a deal done at the begging we would be looking at 30 to 35 mill but no deal was done based on length of contract disputes. The Mahomes got the 50 mill and Watson 39 mill setting the QB market. As I have said many times, soon other QB will be commanding more than what Dak has because as each passes the market values increase. Dallas will deal with it just as other teams are forced to deal with it. Fact is many here complained about Dak after he took over for Romo and the crying began and has not stopped.
Many refuse to factor in the realities of market value. And, you could plug in literally ANY other QB and the bashing would pick right back up where it left off.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Many refuse to factor in the realities of market value. And, you could plug in literally ANY other QB and the bashing would pick right back up where it left off.

I'm not crazy about the QB market but Dak did not set the market, so Cowboys had the choice go back into the QB search and as we know there is nothing sure in that as many teams including Dallas have spent years before finding a QB who can come in and help win ball games. Cowboys choose to go with Dak and I don't blame them one bit and feel Dak can help this team get to where they want to go.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the QB market but Dak did not set the market, so Cowboys had the choice go back into the QB search and as we know there is nothing sure in that as many teams including Dallas have spent years before finding a QB who can come in and help win ball games. Cowboys choose to go with Dak and I don't blame them one bit and feel Dak can help this team get to where they want to go.
I took heavy fire suggesting that if the front office knew Prescott was their franchise QB, that they sign him sooner than later. The market kept going up and the rest is history. Fans who do nothing but complain about "playing up to his salary" are just emotional, clueless people. That logic is about as pointless as suggesting a player should get a bonus or raise if they "think" he outperformed his rookie contract.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nope. Most fans liked Dak before the contract. You're basing your last sentence solely on the 10 or Dak haters. Might want to stop conversing w/ them, they're skewing your viewpoint.

Before the contract, Dak's approval was pretty high, around 70% or so. After the contract it dove to below 50%.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't forget, Dak agreed the previous season to a deal around 32-33 mil/season, and then renegged on that agreement. He then hired a sabotage agent and held out. Dak thinks he's a top QB. Fine, but w/ top QB play comes the responsibility to play like a top QB. He put this on himself. What the market dictates or any of the drivel is irrelevant.