Dak has been lights out

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think the critics of him in the SF game and then Bucs game to start the season were off. “Can’t win against good teams”

Uh, no. He was "horrible" in both games. Did you see the deer-in-the-headlights look he had on his face, facing the Bucs?

The thing about Dak is, particularly with Cowboys fans, is that one side wants to view him as trash, the other side wants to view him as a treasure. That's why we have these endless (pointless) debates.

Dak has very good games and very bad games. He tends to come up short in the playoffs more often than not and he's streaky. But he can get you to the playoffs with all things working right with other parts of the team.

Simply put, he is who he is.

I think his best trait is that he's resilient. He has heart and courage, and that can take you a long way.

But he's not in Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady category and never will be.

I accept him for who he is because he's not going anywhere anytime soon. I don't see the need to incessantly defend him or denigrate him in every post and every thread.

NVMe_Zo

Reaction score
Dak and Kellen have struggled with slow, sloppy, mediocre starts in many games over Dak’s career.

Happened again yesterday. Dak has led many furious second half scrambles to get back into games and has won many— but the issues of slow starts continue to hurt the team with inconsistency.

We should have beaten the NYG by 14+ points— but instead we were down at halftime, and two bad INTs and continuous penalty problems plagued us.

The good news is we have a very talented and capable team, and when they are on their game— they are elite. See Minnesota game.

But Dak and Kellen continue to struggle with first half execution and that can definitely be enough to beat you when you play quality teams— see SF playoff loss last year.

Had Jones been more effective with his opportunities yesterday, we could easily have lost that game. We need more consistent execution, gameplans, and playcalling from Dak/Kellen in order to truly take the next step

we were beating them by 15+ Until the last 30 seconds of the game. Do you really want to be up by 30 at half every game? Sounds cool but I would lose interest in the Cowboys if that was the case. We played a hungry team last night, they gave us their very best and for 2 quarters it was enough to have a 6 point lead… we played like crap and were down 6!!!!

GINeric

Reaction score
I think his best game ever was against the 8-1 Vikings. More on that in a minute,

I think the critics of him in the SF game and then Bucs game to start the season were off. “Can’t win against good teams”

I think the Bucs was a lack of preseason practice. I think the SF game was that he knew cee dee was a poor route runner (he rarely targeted one on one matchups) and didn’t want to lose the game on turn overs early. Dak does not like poor route runners. CeeDee has improved late this year, but last year, he was a bit of a liability. Plus, Dak and Zeke were banged up late last year.

Back to the Vikes. So he he plays a highly successful team in the Vikings and carves them up. He follows up with a very good game against a 7 win NYG team. He is beating good teams.

QB1 has been great.

I wouldn't say Dak has been playing "lights out", but he's definitely been playing some good, solid football.

But Dak HAS to cut down on those damn weekly turnovers man. I know that all of them haven't been his fault, but half of them have!! Dak can't be doing that **** in the playoffs man....

GINeric

Reaction score
10 TD's 6 INT's 4-2 record

Oh yeah, he has been 'lights out' alright.

LOL The bar keeps getting lowered for Dak by some in the group.

Those are definitely not "lights out" numbers at all....

But it's amazing that alot of the Dak haters haven't been around since last Sunday. Why do you think they've been missing and failing to post as much as they did after the Green Bay game???

Maybe you can tell us where they're at and why they're so silent.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Agreed. The receivers balled out yesterday.

And Dak had 2 really bad ints in the first half.

But he played a great second half.

Lets not forget it was against the giants jv squad at corner.

And his game against Minny last week was great. But Mac Jones just carved them up last night.
Mac carved; Dak sliced and diced. ;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know you guys don’t want to hear this but Dak had some balls that were high. The WRs were a big part of that success today and yes, Dak was very good in the second half and looks a lot better compared to the first part of the year.
(running around in circles screaming) omg, Dak wasn't perfect. some of his ball were high...OMG OMG, he is inaccurate. no other good QB in the league every throws the ball high or away from a WR...OMG OMG

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
10 TD's 6 INT's 4-2 record

Oh yeah, he has been 'lights out' alright.

LOL The bar keeps getting lowered for Dak by some in the group.
wait weren't you here touting your Rush Crush record of 4-1?

since he has started
scoring 33.8 #1 in the NFL.
416 yards per game #1 in the NFL
TD% 9th in the league

but yeah, you haven't caught up to this thing called the Internet.

you must be raging inside. frustrated. angry. burning all the way down to your anal cavity

print this page. roll it up and shove it where the sun don't shine....

terra

Reaction score
So you don't cheer when we make the playoffs or did I misunderstand you? All we can do is hope for the best.
Unlike you I have standards
My standards came from Tom Landry's teams which were contenders for the SB
Not pathetically grateful we make the playoffs

erod

Reaction score
I think his best game ever was against the 8-1 Vikings. More on that in a minute,

I think the Bucs was a lack of preseason practice. I think the SF game was that he knew cee dee was a poor route runner (he rarely targeted one on one matchups) and didn’t want to lose the game on turn overs early. Dak does not like poor route runners. CeeDee has improved late this year, but last year, he was a bit of a liability. Plus, Dak and Zeke were banged up late last year.

Back to the Vikes. So he he plays a highly successful team in the Vikings and carves them up. He follows up with a very good game against a 7 win NYG team. He is beating good teams.

QB1 has been great.
Lol, that's what you saw?

bigE79

Reaction score
For someone who can’t stand accolades for our qb1 you sure spend a lot time in those threads

why not just scroll on by? I know why because you're a Pappy wanna be
A troll just not a very good 1.

I like Dak but hes about 5th or 6th favorite player on this team and I can say he was average in first half some of that was the Dline of giants made him that way and some of it was because he just sucked
But the second half he looked damn good . I still believe he’s not our biggest concern

why don’t you just scroll by these threads everyone knows you can’t be reasonable when it comes to Dak so why try
To be fair,the same can be said for the people who go on the threads that are not dak positive,just scroll by,as you say.

Gaede

Reaction score
Like I have been saying His problems are Mental . . . I saw something different . . . I lost faith He could get that aspect under control . . . After last nights game I am becoming a believer

If I see that Movie carry over next Game I will be much delighted

Totally agree. When Dak is off, it's usually because he's indecisive. When he's decisive, and let's it rip, we score, a lot.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
For someone who can’t stand accolades for our qb1 you sure spend a lot time in those threads

why not just scroll on by? I know why because you're a Pappy wanna be
A troll just not a very good 1.

I like Dak but hes about 5th or 6th favorite player on this team and I can say he was average in first half some of that was the Dline of giants made him that way and some of it was because he just sucked
But the second half he looked damn good . I still believe he’s not our biggest concern

why don’t you just scroll by these threads everyone knows you can’t be reasonable when it comes to Dak so why try

Funny, you suggest I scroll on by and stop being a troll.....yet here you are replying to me......thanks for the advice troll but next time just scroll on by.

starfan1

Reaction score
To be fair,the same can be said for the people who go on the threads that are not dak positive,just scroll by,as you say.
100%!!! but he is pretty vocal hater. You are not as high on Dak as some either but I don’t see you in near the amount of critic participation as him
I also have seen you be reasonable something I rarely if ever see with him so I call it out
It’s quite possible he has me on ignore by now as he thinks I’m an apologist when Dak is actually about 5th or 6th on my like list
I just defy the logic of hes what’s holding us back

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Those are definitely not "lights out" numbers at all....

But it's amazing that alot of the Dak haters haven't been around since last Sunday. Why do you think they've been missing and failing to post as much as they did after the Green Bay game???

Maybe you can tell us where they're at and why they're so silent.....

I can't speak for anyone in this group, much like you can't speak for those Dak fans that disappeared after the GB game.