Dak: I could play in a game right now

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
John Elway’s completion percentage was in the 50s but he wasn’t throwing check downs or waiting until guys were wide open every play either.

?

John Elway career air yard per attempt: 6.5 yards

Dak Prescott career air yards per attempt: 7.8

Even in his best 1987 MVP season his air yards per pass attempt was: 7.4

Mods need to start making people back up their claims

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Lol the stats..

Andy Dalton is more accurate than Elway.. Stats told me so.. Durrrrr

Hadenough

Reaction score
Last time he won a meaningful playoff game our starting QB was still in middle school.
Didnt he beat the almighty 13-3 Dak led Cowboys. I believe the Packers had the worst pass defense in the NFL that year and Rodgers willed that team to victory.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Really strange take. Not one actual piece of data or objective fact whatsoever. Complete conjecture, the CowboysZone special.

“Over at Pro Football Reference, they’ve done the heavy lifting by charting every quarterback’s throws and determining whether the throw was “on target” or a “bad throw.” For reference, in 2019, Drew Brees led the NFL in both categories. He recorded an on-target percentage of 84.1% and a bad throw percentage of just 10.7%.

Bad throw and on-target percentage don’t include throwaways or spikes.

Coming in last among qualified quarterbacks in on-target percentage was Jameis Winston. Thirty interceptions and poor vision will do that for you. The player with the worst bad throw percentage was Aaron Rodgers at 21.7%. Now, I know what you’re thinking, Aaron Rodgers is one of the best in the NFL, and that’s accurate, but there are times where his gunslinging mentality comes back to bite him. He had the third-highest bad throw percentage in 2018 as well.

Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback. We know this. However, it’s important to note that Prescott has been more accurate. Those are the facts.

Dak Prescott was seventh in the NFL in on-target percentage at 77.6% and sixth in the NFL in bad throw percentage, all the while finishing fifth in intended air yards. His 9.3 intended air yards per attempt was behind only Matthew Stafford, Jameis Winston, Ryan Tannehill, and Russell Wilson. Stafford, Winston, and Wilson were in the bottom ten of bad throw percentage while only Ryan Tannehill had a better bad throw percentage than Prescott.

By on-target percentage, Winston and Stafford were again in the bottom five.

Despite an increase of nearly two intended air yards per attempt, Dak Prescott’s bad throw percentage improved from 17.3% in 2018 to 14.8% in 2019.”

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/in...qb-dak-prescott-have-an-accuracy-problem/amp/
You mined that like Doge coin man.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
That's how naive Dak is and shows how little he demands from himself.
Sure, he could play. That's because if the Cowboys lose, it's never his fault. It's always someone else's fault.
You just got the truth of how much of a leader he isn't.

I hadn't planned on responding in this thread, but this post was so stupid I couldn't help but pointing it out.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I hadn't planned in responding in this thread, but this post was so stupid I couldn't help but pointing it out.
That dude deserves zero attention.
I don't put anyone on Ignore, but I do scroll by certain posters.
He's one.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Lol the stats..

Andy dalton is more accurate than elway. Statistically at least. And jamarcus Russell had a much stronger arm than Peyton Manning. That doesn’t mean just because they were better at one* thing they’re better quarterbacks.

the world is much more colorful than black and grey.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Didnt he beat the almighty 13-3 Dak led Cowboys. I believe the Packers had the worst pass defense in the NFL that year and Rodgers willed that team to victory.
Aaron Rodgers was riding the bench at the age he beat Dak in the playoffs.:huh:

Corso

Reaction score
Andy dalton is more accurate than elway. Statistically at least. And jamarcus Russell had a much stronger arm than Peyton Manning. That doesn’t mean just because they were better at one* thing they’re better quarterbacks.

the world is much more colorful than black and grey.
We don't need to go into such intricacies with that guy.
Even though the Cowboys have been losing all of their significant games via the lack of run defense the past few years, he's stuck in this being a passing league and nothing else matters.

He simply can't wrap his head around this.

Yes, it's a passing league, but when you give up 200 yards rushing and teams are exploiting it...

Uh... it's still a passing league and screw it!

Motorola

Reaction score

No matter what one thinks they know or recall about a player or team - doesn't hurt to check back on the information. But I've read comments that strike me as being so inaccurate or wrong - I immediately go to look up what was stated.
Then I reply with the correct information objectively....no snarkiness, etc.
And if I send a comment that was wrong about the content - I welcome a response that corrects me. And give it a like and \ or quote.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol the stats..

I guess I forced you back under you’re rock with post #52 since you weren’t man enough to respond.

Corso

Reaction score
No matter what one thinks they know or recall about a player or team - doesn't hurt to check back on the information. But I've read comments that strike me as being so inaccurate or wrong - I immediately go to look up what was stated.
Then I reply with the correct information objectively....no snarkiness, etc.
And if I send a comment that was wrong about the content - I welcome a response that corrects me. And give it a like and \ or quote.
Fist to Chest.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----Dak: I could play in a game right now

Nah....you can wait until September to start missing open receivers in stride, and coming up short in big games.

Last edited: