Dak is currently carrying this team on his shoulders

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak and the offense are definitely carrying this team. However I don't think the defense is as bad as the stats show. Dak and the offense have gotten the Cowboys off to great starts and put the team ahead for most games. Even the Bucs game they went toe to toe with Brady down to the last minutes of the game and should've won except for some missed FG's. Don't get me wrong, the defense allowing all those yards in the 3rd and 4th quarters is not a good thing. Too many big chunk gains being made on the defense throughout the game but mostly when the defense is behind. I'm hoping that the more playing time the youngsters get under their belt, the return of some studs like D-Law will improve the defense. Then we have Gallimore, Joseph and maybe Hill to add. This defense doesn't have to be elite because Dak and the offense can carry the team but when it gets to the playoffs they will need to certainly play better. The Bucs won the Super Bowl last year more because of their defense than their offense.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak and the offense are definitely carrying this team. However I don't think the defense is as bad as the stats show. Dak and the offense have gotten the Cowboys off to great starts and put the team ahead for most games. Even the Bucs game they went toe to toe with Brady down to the last minutes of the game and should've won except for some missed FG's. Don't get me wrong, the defense allowing all those yards in the 3rd and 4th quarters is not a good thing. Too many big chunk gains being made on the defense throughout the game but mostly when the defense is behind. I'm hoping that the more playing time the youngsters get under their belt, the return of some studs like D-Law will improve the defense. Then we have Gallimore, Joseph and maybe Hill to add. This defense doesn't have to be elite because Dak and the offense can carry the team but when it gets to the playoffs they will need to certainly play better. The Bucs won the Super Bowl last year more because of their defense than their offense.
Our defense is good, but we need to keep improving....the film will catch up to us....
Are you in Hawaii, already?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Dak is playing out of his mind but the team just looks ready every week, and coaching has a lot to do with it.

I can't remember the last Dallas game I watched where we had 500 plus yards of offense, a pick six, and a blocked punt. Did it last Sunday.

conner01

Reaction score
As long as the D keeps getting turn overs they are making up for their weakness
If the TO’s slow down they have to play much tighter
Dak is playing amazing football but ideally he’s not throwing 40-50 times a game. There will be games he has to use his arm but hopefully most games we can run the ball effective and keep him around 20 a game
The less you have to pass the more games you will win

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Wait a darn minute.....I was told Dak is merely a bus driver.

61622876_cdb367e58b_z.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
As long as the D keeps getting turn overs they are making up for their weakness
If the TO’s slow down they have to play much tighter
Dak is playing amazing football but ideally he’s not throwing 40-50 times a game. There will be games he has to use his arm but hopefully most games we can run the ball effective and keep him around 20 a game
The less you have to pass the more games you will win
Even in the games he's not throwing 40-50 times he's making the plays to win the games. He's carrying this team right now.

conner01

Reaction score
Even in the games he's not throwing 40-50 times he's making the plays to win the games. He's carrying this team right now.
No doubt
But it’s hard to have those 40-50 pass games and not have the mistakes
Pass blocking that many times leads to penalties. It’s just so much easier to establish the run game against most teams. Some you just can’t effectively run against but most you can
I’m hoping the D can get the chunk plays stopped and get off the field more which takes pressure off the offense. Turn overs have made the defense better than the overall stats show but hard to keep getting them every week. We need better defensive play
But no doubt Dak is doing an amazing job. I just care about winning and the less Dak passes, or any QB passes the higher the win pct

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No doubt
But it’s hard to have those 40-50 pass games and not have the mistakes
Pass blocking that many times leads to penalties. It’s just so much easier to establish the run game against most teams. Some you just can’t effectively run against but most you can
I’m hoping the D can get the chunk plays stopped and get off the field more which takes pressure off the offense. Turn overs have made the defense better than the overall stats show but hard to keep getting them every week. We need better defensive play
But no doubt Dak is doing an amazing job. I just care about winning and the less Dak passes, or any QB passes the higher the win pct
Totally agree. Must be a balanced attack. That's what wins Super Bowls. That and a solid defense and special teams.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is playing out of his mind but the team just looks ready every week, and coaching has a lot to do with it.

I can't remember the last Dallas game I watched where we had 500 plus yards of offense, a pick six, and a blocked punt. Did it last Sunday.
Dak isn’t carrying this team. Dak is playing great like he always does. This is a full team effort.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
While there are a ton of players making plays for the Cowboys (Diggs the number one example), two men are the big difference between 2020 and 2021, at least to me.

Dak Prescott and Dan Quinn.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Are they getting heavy?

plasticman

Reaction score
Dak would be carrying the team if he didn't have a Pro Bowl RB, two Pro Bowl O-linemen, and probably two Pro Bowl receivers.

The truth is, his backup bites. That's the reason he is indispensable. If the Cowboys had even a mediocre backup QB they would still win their division and make the playoffs without Dak. And from there......crash.

Dak is the most important piece but he is not carrying the team. I mean, you could probably make the same claim for about 20 NFL teams depending on context.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The defense will continue to improve as the season moves along.

We need to stay healthy at certain key spots (4, 77, 11, 7 and 88 come to mind) and we will be right there for our shot.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
All you have to do is ask yourself....would this team be 5-1 and playing at such a high level without Dak?
Pffffff no freaking way.

Puro Cowboys