Dak is like Romo

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Puts up some good numbers, will sucker you in, makes it interesting. But, at the end of the day he isn’t that guy. Unfortunately there’s only a couple of those guys. We’re not winning anything big here.

Team around Dak=Team around Romo

BOth guys were great QB's that can win you championships but Jones isnt good enough to put the proper talent and coaching around them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We’ve had a few rosters lately as good or better than that 12-4 2014 roster that saw us fall a Dez “drop” from maybe going to the Super Bowl.

Give that Romo consistently a roster (and coaches) like that for a few years later in his career and they get to and/or win the Super Bowl.
He was plenty good

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Puts up some good numbers, will sucker you in, makes it interesting. But, at the end of the day he isn’t that guy. Unfortunately there’s only a couple of those guys. We’re not winning anything big here.

Dak completed 68% of his passes for 375 yards, 2 TDs, zero turnovers, and did it with no running game while missing our 2 best WRs.

Meanwhile, the defense gave up 500 yards and 36 points...BUT THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME! :muttley:

Romo once got blamed for losing 51-48 in a game where he threw 6 TD passes, so nothing surprises me anymore with this fan base. You just don't understand football.

Blake

Reaction score
He has the remainder of the season to turn things around before I’m off the bandwagon.

I could tell he did not want to go back out there in OT. On that miracle 4th qtr drive, he looked defeated and as if he was just going through the motions...and things worked out somehow. I think he recognizes he needs to put the ball into tighter windows to be successful, and is trying to adjust to that.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
We’ve had a few rosters lately as good or better than that 12-4 2014 roster that saw us fall a Dez “drop” from maybe going to the Super Bowl.

Give that Romo consistently a roster (and coaches) like that for a few years later in his career and they get to and/or win the Super Bowl.
He was plenty good

Or would those rosters suddenly be called 'trash" or be downplayed if Romo failed to get to or win the Super Bowl with them?

khiladi

Reaction score
Not on any planet whatsoever is he like Romo. Defenses dropped two safeties back all the time with Romo. Dak is looking at 1 safety the whole game, with teams putting 8 in the box daring our QB to beat them. Romo had to work with Garrett, whose favorite offense was the 2 TE-2 WR personnel, while Garrett kept Bennett in as a blocker pretty much all the time.

Romo’s bad fortune was being tied to the worst OC in the history of the NFL. Looking at what Garrett did to the Giants, makes Romo’s legend grow even more.

Redline360

Reaction score
Romo > Dak simple as that however Romo is long gone so who cares. Dak has had better teams bar a year or two and better coaching(is that even a thing).

Both quarterbacks could have/can win Dallas a superbowl however lack of coaching, defense, and Jerry have been the achilles heel. Dak is just Romo 2.0. It will never end until Jerry is gone which I hate to say

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Dont ever Compare this dink and dunk fraud of a QB to Romo…

While Romo didnt get it done, he was saddled with worse teams and coaching than Dak. Dak cant even make the simplest of throws in a consistent manner..

Romo had some pretty amazing teams with him, including some more complete defenses than Dak. Also Romo got to learn under Parcells entering the league, while they both spent time under Garrett. But let's not pretend Romo hasn't given away games. Here's 5 for you.. I think it's natural to compare past and present QBs. I will say Romo had more of a gunslinger mentality, while Dak protects the ball more. Sometimes those check downs are the right calls.

Ken

Reaction score
Amazing these horrible takes during a slump where he literally didn't even turn the ball over. He almost threw for 400 and his horrible coaching, officiating and defense ultimately kept him from winning the game.

These HORRIBLE takes are pathetic.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
:laugh: That’s a damn lie he would’ve threw a interception in the 4th to end the game lol.

He did against the Football team and also had back to back pick 6s against the Lions which allowed them to come back and win the game. One of those pick 6s were to Bobby Carpenter. But I'm sure that some will say that those plays were all of fault of Romo not having a "good enough" team around him. Since they seem to make excuses for Romo not getting it done, while claiming that all Dak supporters do is make excuses.

Or the revisionists history in pretending like Romo never had a bad game or that Romo always stepped up with the game on the line or that Romo was always capable of winning big games/elimination games/playoff games. :laugh:

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Team around Dak=Team around Romo

BOth guys were great QB's that can win you championships but Jones isnt good enough to put the proper talent and coaching around them.
Honestly I think the talent is there. No team should have to worry about their coaching being a major liability on GameDay and that's what we've see most of the year.