Dak is now 1-10 as a Cowboys starter when the Cowboys trail by 10 or more in the 1st half

khiladi

Reaction score
That was my whole point. Play action is simply more effective. Meaning using more play action would make the team more effective.

Play action can be more effective because it’s smaller sample point. Thus the article clearly states that we have no clue if increasing play action will lead to more efficiency and if then proceeds to use a two game sample of heavy play action. And I gave the example of Goff.

And play action in the first article defined it as percentage, thus the comparison between Tebow and Manning. Like I said, that’s idiotic. Manning was throwing the ball around 40 times a game. Thus he could he throwing more play action while Tebow had a higher percentage, but less throws.

And none of that has to do with our defense being second in the league in scoring in the fourth. This defense isn’t choking away games at any stretch of the imagination.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I don’t think many teams win being down 14-0 in the first quarter. I don’t think many teams win being down 10 at half. I also didn’t know QB’s are supposed to play defense as well. This isn’t a Dak problem.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Play action can be more effective because it’s smaller sample point. Thus the article clearly states that we have no clue if increasing play action will lead to more efficiency and if then proceeds to use a two game sample of heavy play action. And I gave the example of Goff.

And play action in the first article defined it as percentage, thus the comparison between Tebow and Manning. Like I said, that’s idiotic. Manning was throwing the ball around 40 times a game. Thus he could he throwing more play action while Tebow had a higher percentage, but less throws.

And none of that has to do with our defense being second in the league in scoring in the fourth. This defense isn’t choking away games at any stretch of the imagination.

I haven't even said anything about the defense. I said the offense is putting us in a hole early.

khiladi

Reaction score
I haven't even said anything about the defense. I said the offense is putting us in a hole early.

My apologies. I actually had another conversation going on in the thread with TwoDeep3 that tried to shift the blame to defense and confused both of you.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The cowboys had a lead in the second half last night. After being down 14-0.

so without any context. These numbers are meaningless.

now if anybody has a breakdown of all the games. We could figure out how much merit there is to this.

khiladi

Reaction score
Also, the impact of a Running game isn’t just in play action. The running game effectively allows the OL to wear down a defensive front systematically over time, meaning impact can be seen in the third quarter onwards. Pass rushing has basically one objective, get to the QB, while stopping the running game requires containment and holding ground.

Dak throughout three season has hardly been touched in the second half, he can stand with a clean pocket pretty much all game long. It’s not simply play action passing, it’s forcing looks defensively and allowing the OL to exhaust the opponent.

Again, Dak was sacked one time this game, though he was bailed out on another. Dak was like 5 for 5 on third down in the second quarter, whether they passed the previous down or ran it and got nothing. The OL was giving him plenty of time against basic man coverage on the outside on third and long. The pass to Jarwin was basically three yards that turned into 26.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don’t think many teams win being down 14-0 in the first quarter. I don’t think many teams win being down 10 at half. I also didn’t know QB’s are supposed to play defense as well. This isn’t a Dak problem.

....it’s happened 4 times this season. Dak is part of the problem.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not good numbers at all for a NFL QB which means if you are a betting man, you can check the game in progress and make a live bet that the team ahead will win the game. Those are not good numbers for a starting QB
Stop it. He erased the deficit and took the lead back. The defense imploded. I'll critique Dak when he deserves it, but there was little else as far as his play that he could have done last night. He was pretty damn impressive.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Why are people acting stupid here? What are you gaining from acting dumb?

The four games we lost this season is partly due to starting slow. Dak is part of this. No one is suggesting other QBs overcome this, the argument is that this is the reason to AVOID getting into a hole early.

Stop trying to dismiss threads by acting stupid. You’re all not this dumb.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not good numbers at all for a NFL QB which means if you are a betting man, you can check the game in progress and make a live bet that the team ahead will win the game. Those are not good numbers for a starting QB
umm thats not accurate because we tied the game with less then 2mins to play only to lose the lead again and again we went up in the game for a drive in the 2rd, took the lead so>?.. id say the defense sux and lets move on and off the offense.. they had some issues at the end but the d was forgettable..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Stop it. He erased the deficit and took the lead back. The defense imploded. I'll critique Dak when he deserves it, but there was little else as far as his play that he could have done last night. He was pretty damn impressive.
If you changed his name and took his stats he would be a hero.

jujoboys

Reaction score

Also, I would like to say that it is probably pretty common for a team to lose when they have that kind of deficit. Since everyone always compares Dak to Wentz on this board, did you know that Wentz is 3-12 in those same situations. One of those was to Washington earlier this year when they were down early 10-0. I really don't consider coming back to beat that Washington team a great feat. One of the others was a come back win over a sorry Giants' team last year. Not a big accomplishment. The only legit one that I see Wentz having is the one against Green Bay earlier this year. They were down 10-0 to the Pack early in the 2nd quarter. The Eagles were leading by halftime.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
umm thats not accurate because we tied the game with less then 2mins to play only to lose the lead again and again we went up in the game for a drive in the 2rd, took the lead so>?.. id say the defense sux and lets move on and off the offense.. they had some issues at the end but the d was forgettable..

That’s not what the stat is suggesting. “Tying it up” does not mean there wasn’t a 10 point deficit at point point, it also doesn’t go against that we are 1-10 in these situations with Dak as the QB.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
....it’s happened 4 times this season. Dak is part of the problem.
I’d like to see the “top” QB’s record in this type of situation. Unfortunately, our defense can’t even hold the opposing team for a few drives.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm going with the OC Apprentice and Clapper, as for the offense. Richards & Marinelli on D. Fire all of them after the season. Clean house. Ooops…...JJ want hire a coach to bring in his own staff. No viable HC candidate is going to grab an opportunity to be the Fall Guy for the Coach in the Suite.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’d like to see the “top” QB’s record in this type of situation. Unfortunately, our defense can’t even hold the opposing team for a few drives.

The argument isn’t that other QBs win in these situations, it’s a point that we need to AVOID getting into a hole early on....

4 of our losses can be attributed to slow starts.