Dak just made a huge mistake

Big_D

Reaction score
Didn’t Dak want a shorter deal to “get in” on the supposedly increasing tv deal or something?

Seems like he’s money hungry to me. I don’t blame him for wanting more but QB careers are much longer than most positions. Who cares if he gets another contract 1 or 2 years later. Take that 100+ million guaranteed and work for your next one.

Now he’s risking it all and especially during the current state of the world. Seems shortsighted and he’s getting bad advice.

Definitely got bad advice. He was more worried about his next contract? I get players looking to maximize their value, but I think passing up 110 guaranteed, 50 to sign etc.. it was just a very poor and ill timed decision on his part.

JReed1000

Reaction score
umm we own him, so what we tag him again do the same dance, IMO we should do TT or NE TAG and shop trades next off season..but dak doesnt control this situation.. paying 31 this season and say 36-38 next is still only what 34.5 for two years under the tag..? its not hurting the cowboys at all and dak gets paid. Its 2022 we would have to let him walk..

this maybe good for both, no more excuses with garett etc .. loaded offensive weapons, improved ST and Defense.. if Dak doesnt elevate the team and his play, maybe it a blessing this happened..
I cringe when someone says we Own someone. The Cowboys can franchise him for 2 years...period. We don’t Own him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tanner Morgan, remember that name. THE QB at Minnesota. I think he would be a great answer for us in the draft come 2021. We can get him at the bottom of round 1 or early round 2. MUCH more complete and pro ready than the other QB's in this draft class. I'm not buying the hype on the top guys. The guy throws with great anticipation and accuracy. Can drop dimes from any throwing platform, and can move. Trevor Lawrence is good, but IMO, more of a project. I have concerns about Trevors throwing motions. Has a long release like Kerry Collins. I like guys with short compact releases. I am thinking we better draft a QB to cover ourselves for when Dak leaves. Morgan may be able to come in and learn for a few games behind a vet like Dalton if we can sign him for another year. He may even win the job. I just dont see Dak being here past this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I cringe when someone says we Own someone. The Cowboys can franchise him for 2 years...period. We don’t Own him.
yes we OWN HIS RIGHTS dont make this what you are implying
the Tag is there for just this situation, two years is all Jerry and MM needs to make a final decsions. Contracts give you OWNERSHIP its what hey state verbatim

so we have Dak services for two years at possibly under what he wants anyway..i dont see th issue with the 200 threads with both sides yuoset..34.5 for two FT seasons is at or under what he wants..like i said win for all Fans, Dak, and the FO.. they have another shot next offseason should Dak show improve in the eras he struggles last season, Jerry will open up the checkbook..

Im satisfied with the way things went.. I want to see Dak with MM and this new improved offense, ST and Defense.. no in fighting with Moore vs Garett and Marinelli vs Richard , kickers a plenty etc etc no videographer assistant as ST coach LOL

what i want is a full nfl season , lets do this!! this has been a rough year and I need me some real football..

Rayman70

Reaction score
yes we OWN HIS RIGHTS dont make this what you are implying
the Tag is there for just this situation, two years is all Jerry and MM needs to make a final decsions. Contracts give you OWNERSHIP its what hey state verbatim

so we have Dak services for two years at possibly under what he wants anyway..i dont see th issue with the 200 threads with both sides yuoset..34.5 for two FT seasons is at or under what he wants..like i said win for all Fans, Dak, and the FO.. they have another shot next offseason should Dak show improve in the eras he struggles last season, Jerry will open up the checkbook..

Im satisfied with the way things went.. I want to see Dak with MM and this new improved offense, ST and Defense.. no in fighting with Moore vs Garett and Marinelli vs Richard , kickers a plenty etc etc no videographer assistant as ST coach LOL

what i want is a full nfl season , lets do this!! this has been a rough year and I need me some real football..
some folks just want to make everything a big deal..jeesh. We live in a PC society and its damaging sports,takes the fun out of it. Talk about a buzz kill.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak and Todd France had a fair contract offered to them and chose to turn their backs on it. I'll honestly be quite disappointed if Dak retains his association with Todd France, in view of their refusal to accept a generous offer.

The fact that Dak showed up personally to attempt a contract settlement indicates he had second thoughts about following his agent's advice.

If he actually wants to play for the Cowboys, I'd think he'd be well advised to part ways with France. If not, it's a sure sign he's more devoted to big money than he is to the team. He has a choice to make -- here's hoping it's the right one. May Dak and the team both be well rewarded if he does. ;)

Last edited: