Dak leads the NFL in passing

Hadenough

Reaction score
And will going into week 14. Defense and overall coaching is letting down the team and causing the players to give up. Despite that, Dak perseveres and gives the team a chance.
Where was this high powered passing game after the opening drive? Dak went 3 and out at least 5 times in that game last night.

wrongway

Reaction score
Aikman sucks. You can hear the envy in him. "Dak was padding up stats"??? WTH, Troy? Jealous much because you never, ever, EVER reached 4,000 passing yards in a season??? Dak is on pace to shatter Romo's 4,900 franchise season record by an easily attainable 5,000+ yard mark.

Troy, you never EVER even reached 3,500 yards passing in a season, but yet here you are talking smack you envious backstabber. Just a few weeks ago Troy was kissing Dak's behind and demanding that Jerry "pay that man"!!! Yet, right on cue, the envious old fart has to come out talking trash. Without that Great Wall of Dallas and all of those weapons around you, plus always supported by the best Defense in the league, YOU WOULD HAVE SUCKED JUST LIKE YOU DID IN OKLAHOMA BEFORE YOU LEFT TO UCLA LIKE A SORE LITTLE PUNK!
He's envious of Dak? That's laughable.

robertfchew

Reaction score
While I put most of the blame on the defense and ST, I still don’t think Dak is a franchise QB.

Of course, the Ravens won with Joe Flacco...

they have just as good a shot to win this year with another mid tier qb, the current one just happens to have elite running skill. Jackson impressed me so much last year when he was basicslly booed out of the stadium and then came back out and made it a game

Mrrogerius

Reaction score
Come on guys just think about it, if the defense would have shut out every team this season we'd be undefeated. Just pay Dak 40mil a year then we'd be able to cut the pay of some of our defenders and they'll be better.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak had about 3-4 nice throw last night— the TD was beautiful. I will not take those few nice throws away from him.

But— he was not even close to good enough last night. The offense sputtered for 2 and 1/2 quarters— and his command of the unit looks shaky anytime he plays a decent defense.

For him to say that “we are done talking” and then come out with that performance as an offense is just flat out not good enough.

Having said all that: the defense was even worse. By a mile. That performance was flat out unacceptable.

JJ may want to let Garrett play out the year, but Marinelli and Quinn need to be canned

John813

Reaction score
1. I'm glad Dak has improved to throw for so many yards. It is an improvement over 2017 part two, when even in losing games he would struggle to move the ball in the 4th etc...

2. It's a stat that needs context. At the half of the Bears game IIRC he had ~60 yards. I don't recall the number at the end of the 3rd, but it was under 150yards I believe. IMO this game, the Jets and the Packers games he has thrown for over 300+ yards but mostly in garbage time. When this team scored their final ten points, the game was really over.

3. This offense is a mess. Offensive line is playing like an average unit. Zeke takes himself out too often and the offense sputters when he checks out. Cooper is a great receiver, but whether it's cold weather or injuries, he's a non factor in outdoor games this year- at least in 2nd half. Dak the past 3 games has struggled early on. Whether it's timing or pressure resulting in footwork issues, his passes aren't precise. It may get close to the receiver but it's too high or too low.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
That was the most meaningless 334 yards passing in NFL history.

He was terrible tonight, every pass for 3 quarters was behind the receiver, in the dirt or over their head.

You should have also included college, high school and pee wee. He was absolutely abysmal!

robertfchew

Reaction score
1. I'm glad Dak has improved to throw for so many yards. It is an improvement over 2017 part two, when even in losing games he would struggle to move the ball in the 4th etc...

2. It's a stat that needs context. At the half of the Bears game IIRC he had ~60 yards. I don't recall the number at the end of the 3rd, but it was under 150yards I believe. IMO this game, the Jets and the Packers games he has thrown for over 300+ yards but mostly in garbage time. When this team scored their final ten points, the game was really over.

3. This offense is a mess. Offensive line is playing like an average unit. Zeke takes himself out too often and the offense sputters when he checks out. Cooper is a great receiver, but whether it's cold weather or injuries, he's a non factor in outdoor games this year- at least in 2nd half. Dak the past 3 games has struggled early on. Whether it's timing or pressure resulting in footwork issues, his passes aren't precise. It may get close to the receiver but it's too high or too low.

exactly. hes not a franchise qb and very few guys are. He's already exceeeded expectations as a 4th round afterthought. We arent obligated to pay him 30 million a year. just grab another college qb.

John813

Reaction score
exactly. hes not a franchise qb and very few guys are. He's already exceeeded expectations as a 4th round afterthought. We arent obligated to pay him 30 million a year. just grab another college qb.

I think they should tag him unless he lowers his current demands.

IMO it's a forgone conclusion he'll be here for 4+ years as Jerry & Stephen is sold and set on him. Even when they let Garrett walk they have Dak as their next savior.

It would be smart to draft another QB for a backup/potential to start. What round though? In this draft I think I rather see DT/DE/C/S taken over QB early on depending on how the draft falls.

Brax

Reaction score
Ya they have become comical now.....Starting to feel sorry for the Dak-Employees here as I fear they just might get fired soon.
Dak isn't as bad as many say and he isn't as good as many say he is somewhere in-between, the big problem is there is no magical fix and Dak really is a serviceable QB at this point and with no options at hand, I think JJ signs Dak at some point or tags him. Both sides on this issue have gone to extremes and the jury is still out on how good or bad Dak is.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Aikman sucks. You can hear the envy in him. "Dak was padding up stats"??? WTH, Troy? Jealous much because you never, ever, EVER reached 4,000 passing yards in a season??? Dak is on pace to shatter Romo's 4,900 franchise season record by an easily attainable 5,000+ yard mark.

Troy, you never EVER even reached 3,500 yards passing in a season, but yet here you are talking smack you envious backstabber. Just a few weeks ago Troy was kissing Dak's behind and demanding that Jerry "pay that man"!!! Yet, right on cue, the envious old fart has to come out talking trash. Without that Great Wall of Dallas and all of those weapons around you, plus always supported by the best Defense in the league, YOU WOULD HAVE SUCKED JUST LIKE YOU DID IN OKLAHOMA BEFORE YOU LEFT TO UCLA LIKE A SORE LITTLE PUNK!

Someone is butthurt. I don't like aikman as an announcer either because he tries so hard to be partial that he bad mouths dallas but romo couldnt and dak wont even sniff the same success aikman had. total yards dont matter because this era is all about passing. aikman had elite rb and ol and won 3 sb, romo had elite rb and ol couldnt win and dak had elite ol and rb and neither won anything so neither can be as good as aikman.

robertfchew

Reaction score
I think they should tag him unless he lowers his current demands.

IMO it's a forgone conclusion he'll be here for 4+ years as Jerry & Stephen is sold and set on him. Even when they let Garrett walk they have Dak as their next savior.

It would be smart to draft another QB for a backup/potential to start. What round though? In this draft I think I rather see DT/DE/C/S taken over QB early on depending on how the draft falls.

they cant draft most of those positions though, the last dt they drafted that impacted a game? Jay ratliff and he was only good for like a year or 2 then the last De they drafted worth a damn was ware, I dont count dlaw cause hes a money driven loser, fredrick was a good center but he may never and most likely wont ever return to form, and we both know this team wont take safety seriously. Why not try to draft a qb with top end potential and then pay for positions you cant draft or develop?