Twitter: Dak: no progress on contract, headed toward tag?

erod

Reaction score
Dak has proven that he doesn't play worth a crap if anybody is missing on the offense.

Do you commit longterm to that? No.

Franchise, please, yes.

Until proven otherwise.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys aren't about to pay Dak and his agent what they are demanding at present and I wouldn't, either. There's only so much money to go around and $33 mil surely sounds much better to the Cowboys FO, at present, than $40 mil. They might end up paying $40 mil before all is said and done next year but it surely wouldn't be in their best interest at this juncture. Others must be paid as well. People need to await their turn. :rolleyes:

bodi

Reaction score
And last week they were ready to sign a contract.. and the week before and the week before and the week before and the week before and the week before and the week before and the week before and the week before and the week before and the week before

HOW ABOUT NO MORE OF THIS UNTIL DEAL IS DONE

zerofill

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren't about to pay Dak and his agent what they are demanding at present and I wouldn't, either. There's only so much money to go around and $33 mil surely sounds much better to the Cowboys FO, at present, than $40 mil. They might end up paying $40 mil before all is said and done next year but it surely wouldn't be in their best interest at this juncture. Others must be paid as well. People need to await their turn. :rolleyes:

Ahhh he is making $2mil and about $10mil from endorsements, he won't have to eat Instant Lunches.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
No sense in signing in the middle of a season he's playing well in. He and Jerry will talk again in February; I doubt it comes down to the tag.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Ahhh he is making $2mil and about $10mil from endorsements, he won't have to eat Instant Lunches.

Yes, I know. Unfortunately, the endorsements won't keep Dak and his agent at bay forever. They'll be hounding the Dallas FO to come up with whatever the CBA allows in the not-so-distant future. No well-informed fan is concerned about Dak going hungry. Any fan who watches TV knows about the many endorsements that shower him with millions.