Dak on top of the MVP odds

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If he has another one of those 300 yard 3-4 TD 0 INT games and the Cowboys win next week, you gotta figure it's his to lose. We'll see what happens.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Mahomes I get as the Chiefs have been pretty underwhelming this year, but why wouldnt you have Hurts up there? Philly is still in control of the #1 seed and I have to believe whoever ends up with the 1 seed in the NFC is going to be the favorite unless Detroit plays spoiler there.
Because their record is a team stat and a QB is one of 22 starters. Admittedly QB is obviously the most important position, but it's not 100% QB. I'm not saying Dak should be one of the favorites because of our record, I'm saying it's because of how well he is playing. See my listing of Stroud.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd have it Purdy/Dak close as 1 & 2, with Tyreek Hill not far behind.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I love it, and I'm happy that Dak is in the conversation, but I hope this noise doesn't get in his head. You know how this kind of thing can blow up, especially in a media market like Dallas. Just keep focusing the way you've been doing it and let's roll.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The NFL may just go with Hill, McCaffrey, or a defensive player if the QB race is too cloudy.

Regardless great to see Dak in consideration as that's an indication things are going well. Lets all root for that to continue as the Cowboys begin their quest for taking this further than the last couple decades in pursuit of #6.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Because their record is a team stat and a QB is one of 22 starters. Admittedly QB is obviously the most important position, but it's not 100% QB. I'm not saying Dak should be one of the favorites because of our record, I'm saying it's because of how well he is playing. See my listing of Stroud.
When was the last time the MVP wasn’t given to a QB for a #1 seed in a conference though? My guess would be 2016 when Dak/Zeke split the cowboy vote?

It’s a big reason why I don’t really care that much about the award but it does seem to be all about what QB comes from the best team, not so much the guy playing the best football.

So I guess I actually agree with your logic but it’s not how the voters would view it so Hurts should probably be the favorite right now IMO.