Twitter: Dak, our franchise leader, speaks about rehab while giving support and advice

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh, so now it's the special teams fault. What next, the grounds crew? The cheerleaders? The concession stands? You Dak lovers never cease to amaze me with your desperation to defend what is an average QB.
What, do you think the Special Teams didn't suck completely? What are you talking about? It was literally the worst part of the team. Dismissing that is ignorant.
Dak lover? Hell yeah I'd rather have Prescott than Dalton, DiNucci or Gilbert - all three are mediocre to awful.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Correct Bull Breathe..
We have evolved into an entertainment bunch of wanna-bees as a team.
I also have resigned myself to similar thoughts. You say it so well..I can add not much.
It is interesting though with McCarthy here.
We all screamed about Garrett and wanted change.
Well we got it.
Ain't it great?
:flagwave:

So I have now split my loyalties b/w New Orleans and Dallas. That way I can still watch good football and enjoy it while Dallas stumbles to the finish line like a punch drunk fighter.
I will not ever dump Dallas as my investment over the years would never let me do that.
But I can reserve the right not to let blind loyalty take away of something it's taken decades to acquire. My love of hero worship in my football team.
So I post a bit less here now so as not to let the negativity overwhelm me as much. This pumping of overinflated expectations Jones does to whip up the fan base is getting old.
Now if Jerrah would suddenly decide to get Jane Slater to be GM..
I would come running back with a bouquet of red roses and a bottle of Champaign to welcome the change.
Somehow..Ms. Jones would probably frown somewhere.
Oh well..

:lmao:

Anyone that freely admits that they are now fans of another team are no longer Cowboys fans. Anyone with that like multiple teams is at best a fair weather fan for all the teams they like.

JBond

Reaction score
Should have left those out...But he brings up a good point. Why is he always needing a injury or something to be starter. We all know his talent wasn’t very good coming out of college he was a late round draft pick. Brings the question. Is it better to be lucky or good. I. Daks case I’d say lucky..
Success in life requires both. A bit of luck and understanding how to lead and perform on the biggest stage, no matter the size of that stage. I don't care what people do for a living, you need both to rise to the top. Anyone that believes they are magical and did it through being amazing on their own is delusional.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Should have left those out...But he brings up a good point. Why is he always needing a injury or something to be starter. We all know his talent wasn’t very good coming out of college he was a late round draft pick. Brings the question. Is it better to be lucky or good. I. Daks case I’d say lucky..

First the 4th round is a mid round draft pick not a late round pick.. Second does where a QB is drafted really have any baring on what he can do? There are QB taken as high as the 1st pick that turned out to be busts. Lets see going way back Bart Starr was a 17th round pick, Roger Staubach was 10th round pick, Joe Theismann was 4th round pick, Mark Rypien was a 6th round pick and Rich Gannon was a 4th round pick.

Gee I don't think their draft status had anything to do with their abilities.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak lover? Hell yeah I'd rather have Prescott than Dalton, DiNucci or Gilbert - all three are mediocre to awful.
Don't forget the ones after Aikman & before Romo. Isn't it amazing how the haters loathe the best quarterback's Dallas ever had. That certainly makes a statement of their image. :laugh:
I ♡ him too!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Last year’s defense was average at best. They never showed up when they had to.

Yeah last year's defense could not be counted on to get a stop when it absolutely needed one. The offense scored at least 21 points I think 12 times last season. and lost four of those games. Yes the defense had a few good games but it held opponents UNDER 21 points 8 times.. So the offense was good to great in 12 games.. The defense was good to great in 8. That's gotta go advantage offense. There can be no denying the offense fell on its face 4 times.. NO, NE, Buffalo and PHI#2. But ever other game they scored at least 21. With a good defense that would have been good enough to win. Period. With an average defense it's 50/50.. which is how you end up 8-8.

tunahelper

Reaction score
There is no substitute for greatness.

Dak is a huge difference maker and we need him back. Our offense has collapsed without him.

I am not against Dak, but greatness wins a Superbowl. He is not in that category.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yeah last year's defense could not be counted on to get a stop when it absolutely needed one. The offense scored at least 21 points I think 12 times last season. and lost four of those games. Yes the defense had a few good games but it held opponents UNDER 21 points 8 times.. So the offense was good to great in 12 games.. The defense was good to great in 8. That's gotta go advantage offense. There can be no denying the offense fell on its face 4 times.. NO, NE, Buffalo and PHI#2. But ever other game they scored at least 21. With a good defense that would have been good enough to win. Period. With an average defense it's 50/50.. which is how you end up 8-8.

In the 8 games that Dallas lost last year here is the average points given up by the defense and average points scored by the offense:

Defense: 23.125

Offense: 16.875

Of those 8 losses the team they lost to 6 of the 8 losses were against playoff teams. In other words Dak didn't show up against the playoff teams and only compiled garbage stats when the game was out of hand.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
In the 8 games that Dallas lost last year here is the average points given up by the defense and average points scored by the offense:

Defense: 23.125

Offense: 16.875

Of those 8 losses the team they lost to 6 of the 8 losses were against playoff teams. In other words Dak didn't show up against the playoff teams and only compiled garbage stats when the game was out of hand.
If you know anything about football, and it’s questionable at this point, you’d know you can’t just look at that. The defense had a tough time getting off he field so opposing offenses held the ball which affects our offense. Plus, giving up over 23 a game is not exactly stellar. There’s no doubt Dak and the offense struggled in some games last year. It was part their fault, part the defense’ fault, and a lot of fault of the crappy coaching staff.