Dak played well enough to win

Beaker42

Reaction score
The story of the Cowboys for the past twenty five years (except when they simply flat-out sucked). They played "well enough to win"...

but didn't.
I’m sick and tired of could have and should have won. If should and could were coal and wood we wouldn’t need nuclear energy.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I’m not even a Dak fan and even I can say he played good-well. At least good enough to win the game. Put anyone besides maybe Mahomes and Wilson behind that line and they’d fail too (unless you have Belichick as coach)

Beaker42

Reaction score
1) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you’re an angry, know-nothing troglodyte who doesn’t like him, facts be damned.

2) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you don’t watch enough football to know what good QB play and bad QB play really looks like.

3) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because your life SUCKS and it kills you to see a young overachiever make $31.4M to play QB for your favorite football team.
That’s be about $21.4 mill too much right now. He’s a choker and a loser QB on a loser team owned by losers. I’ve been a fan for 46 years and I’m about done with these clowns. They get next week to keep me. After that I start rooting for whoever plays this suck franchise. I’m beyond pissed at how we came out last night. MM and MN and JF aren’t the answer either.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
25-39, 266 Yds, TD, 30 Rush yds, sacked 3 times, zero turnovers.

92.5 passer rating, 73.4 Total QBR (8th-best in the NFL thus far).

Absolute dime to Gallup that should’ve/could’ve resulted in overtime or a win.

And all of that was despite a pass rush that got in his face for much of the night, led by the great Aaron Donald wreaking havoc inside.

Today is Monday. The Cowboys are being talked about nationally on every single sports show, TV or radio/podcast. I have yet to see a SINGLE analyst put this loss on Dak’s “poor play,” even though blaming the QB is an automatic ratings bonanza (ask Tony Romo).

You know why? Because Dak actually played WELL... and anyone without a CLEAR bias and who knows football, knows it.

If I’m wrong, PLEASE link me to a respected analyst who says that Dak played poorly last night. Go right ahead!

1) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you’re an angry, know-nothing troglodyte who doesn’t like him, facts be damned.

2) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you don’t watch enough football to know what good QB play and bad QB play really looks like.

3) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because your life SUCKS and it kills you to see a young overachiever make $31.4M to play QB for your favorite football team.

If you’re reading this and got offended, good. You people know who you are. I know the truth hurts.

The VERY strong majority of football analysts/players/coaches/GMs know that Dak is a top-10 QB.

Let this serve as a reminder to the loud minority crying about Dak’s play after a tough loss: you people generally aren’t even worth the time of day to even respond to. Consider this your lucky day!
:thumbup:

You strut out the 'Dak stats' but look closer:

2nd Quarter 13 for 15 168 Yards 86.7% Comp % 1 TD 135.6 QBR

1st, 3rd, & 4th Quarters 12 for 24 98 Yards 50% Comp % 3 Sacks 65.47 QBR

So, you can say all you want that Dak played well but stats show he played well for 1 of 4 quarters and that is not how you win ball games.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak played fine. He didn't make any stupid throws. Had some nice runs.

The loss, IMO, was mostly on the coaching staff being humiliated by McVay.

Regardless, getting back to Dak, the issue is the salary he wants to command. He certainly wasn't elite yesterday. A top QB walks out of that game 1-0 and isn't sitting here saying he is 1-7 or so in his last 8 one score games.

There are a few people here saying he is a classic bus driver and IMO, a team can win big with a bus driver QB. They just need a very good team and coaching staff.

Section446

Reaction score
You HAVE to admit...that was a good throw to Gallup and Dak got robbed.
Definitely, Dak has the ability to make great throws, he just doesn't do it with enough regularity to be a franchise QB. He had the PERFECT situation at the end of the game and managed to gain 15 yards in a minute and a half, he's just not very good.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No he did not. His numbers look ok on paper but that's it. He didn't play well enough to beat the opponent who only scored 20. We are a heavy offensive team who scorred 17 measley points. That is pathetic. It's not like we gave up 30 points. It's not like we sustained drives. Our 3rd down conversion was terrible but cause dak threw short passes that went nowhere it looks ok on paper as a good completion. Just like last year when he had a career high passing yards in an 8-8 season, it's meaningless.

Ken

Reaction score

And all of that was despite a pass rush that got in his face for much of the night, led by the great Aaron Donald wreaking havoc inside.

Today is Monday. The Cowboys are being talked about nationally on every single sports show, TV or radio/podcast. I have yet to see a SINGLE analyst put this loss on Dak’s “poor play,” even though blaming the QB is an automatic ratings bonanza (ask Tony Romo).

You know why? Because Dak actually played WELL... and anyone without a CLEAR bias and who knows football, knows it.

If I’m wrong, PLEASE link me to a respected analyst who says that Dak played poorly last night. Go right ahead!

If you’re reading this and got offended, good. You people know who you are. I know the truth hurts.

The VERY strong majority of football analysts/players/coaches/GMs know that Dak is a top-10 QB.

Let this serve as a reminder to the loud minority crying about Dak’s play after a tough loss: you people generally aren’t even worth the time of day to even respond to. Consider this your lucky day!
Beautiful Nav!

Summed it ip perfectly!

Reid1boys

Reaction score

and if might aunt had balls shed be my uncle

jnday

Reaction score

Oh yes, Dak is never the reason or a reason for the team losing. I have not said a word about his play, but I was 100% sure that a thread would be made excusing him from any part of the loss.

jnday

Reaction score
You strut out the 'Dak stats' but look closer:

2nd Quarter 13 for 15 168 Yards 86.7% Comp % 1 TD 135.6 QBR

1st, 3rd, & 4th Quarters 12 for 24 98 Yards 50% Comp % 3 Sacks 65.47 QBR

So, you can say all you want that Dak played well but stats show he played well for 1 of 4 quarters and that is not how you win ball games.
Inconsistent play has been his biggest flaw since college. He always seems to play well when the game is out of reach instead of playing well when the game is on the line.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak played fine. He didn't make any stupid throws. Had some nice runs.

The loss, IMO, was mostly on the coaching staff being humiliated by McVay.

Regardless, getting back to Dak, the issue is the salary he wants to command. He certainly wasn't elite yesterday. A top QB walks out of that game 1-0 and isn't sitting here saying he is 1-7 or so in his last 8 one score games.

There are a few people here saying he is a classic bus driver and IMO, a team can win big with a bus driver QB. They just need a very good team and coaching staff.
This is pretty much view. He played very well in the first half including lights out in the second quarter. His performance in the second half was disappointing but he threw a nice ball at the end. 1/7 third down completed thrown passes just isn't good enough. It's not all on him. Bad play calls, needless penalties and a few dropped passes all helped kneecap the team.

I would also use his legs more - we only have him on the tag at the moment.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well enough to win. Nice. How about win. How about dominance. Like I saw Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson and others. Want to be paid like them then step it up. Sick of should have won. Played well enough to win.
he did play well enough to win.. he also played poorly enough to lose. Avg is about what that will get you from game to game. You win some when you have that game and you lose some when you have that game. Thats what many of us have been saying for 4 years now... hes ok. Hes not horrible, but he is not elite. Elite plays well enough to win... and WINS to the tune of 10-12 games on most years. We will be ok from year to year. Not great, not horrible.. just ok. Juts like Dak... hes ok.

Last edited:

RamziD

Reaction score
So if I don't agree with you, and can't share a link to an analyst that also doesn't agree with you, then you insult me with a barrage of personal attacks?

Seems quite productive.

If literally no one shares your opinion except a bunch of mouth breathers on CZ, then maybe your opinion is crap.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
There's so much to unpack here, and trust me I am just as frustrated as you are. I get the whole aggressive Pro Dak/Anti Dak thing here at CZ. I'm sure y'all are both fed up with each other, both sides. But I think it's a little unfair to say "If you don't agree that my opinion is factual, then you are wrong!!" Dallas lost as a team last night, and you can't blame one particular player, or group on it's own.

Specifically, in this instance, anyone saying it was/s not definitively the QBs fault is incorrect. There are too many factors.

What I can provide you is a little more insight as to where I disagree with your opinion about Dak play well enough to win the game throughout 4 quarters of football.

Dak played well enough in the first half, statistically speaking, to not shoulder the brunt of the blame. His second half though? Nowhere near as pretty.

https://www.footballdb.com/players/dak-prescott-prescda01/situational-stats

10 for 21 at a 47.6%, not great for a second half of ball.

Now, again, he played well in the first half completing 15 of 18 coming in at 83.3%.

Granted, it's a team sport and the team quite literally crapped the bed at different times. They weren't gelling together and the final score showed that. It just irked me that in too many instances an individual has to agree or they're labeled from one extreme to the other.

It's not always black and white or cut and dry. There are always grey areas.
Super Anti/Pro Dak people are the worst. Sick of seeing it on this site. It’s like watching people argue about politics on Twitter. I want none of it. So much immaturity.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
If literally no one shares your opinion except a bunch of mouth breathers on CZ, then maybe your opinion is crap.

Right. Cool. I couldn't care less of others opinions on my opinion.

I like to try and have informed conversation and debate without being thrown into a labeled box, such as "mouth breathers".

But you do you skippy, whatever tickles your pickle.