Dak Positivity Thread: Dak Recipe for Success

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I'm seeing some positive posts this morning so I want to keep the energy going. Looking at this weekend's games, I noticed that not one but two QB's threw
multiple picks and still came out victorious. This is a winning formula I think Dak can execute, so I am actually more positive than usual tonight. Go Cowboys!

Aven8

Reaction score
What I noticed this weekend is everyone threw the ball a lot. The running game is an afterthought so far in this postseason.

glimmerman

Reaction score
1 - Run the ball. Establish the run.
2 - Throw shorter passes. Use 12 personnel and hit shorter passes on the run. Use the TE’s.
3 - Use play action. By the third quarter he can use play action and try to get the ball farther down the field. And can hit longer runs.. Open the game..

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
1 Cup of 100+ yard rusher
2 Cups off ball security
1 1/2 Cups Offensive line protection
3/4 Cup of creative play calling and a commitment to the running game
1/2 Cup of field position
1/2 Cup of clock management and keeping the GOAT in the pen
1/2 Cup of TE involvement...where have all our TEs gone?

Mix it all together and cook on a low simmer of long clock killing, sustained drives for 60 minutes. Serve warm with sides of haters, crow, fan boys, Dak lovers, Dak haters, and Brady gravy.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm seeing some positive posts this morning so I want to keep the energy going. Looking at this weekend's games, I noticed that not one but two QB's threw
multiple picks and still came out victorious. This is a winning formula I think Dak can execute, so I am actually more positive than usual tonight. Go Cowboys!
Yep. Great point.
Cuz if Lawrence can throw 4 and still get the dub there is hope after all.

lol

triplets_93

Reaction score
Sadly, I am unable to generate the same positivity vibes for Dakota, that I was able to for Aikman and Staubach.

I have Trust issues with Dak, as I did with Romo.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take what the defense gives you. Keep moving the chains, either by runs or even short to intermediate passes. Don't try all those longs shots, except to pick your timing of them.
Get Pollard involved early in those passes. Stop the stupid cute drive killing trick plays.

Turn up the heat and pressure TB12. Make him run and feel uncomfortable on every play.
Contain the edges as well. Do not allow Brady to Evans or Godwin deep. Keep everything in front of you.

Tell Turpin to not take any chances on returns. Even if that means allowing the ball to just bounce around.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
1 - Run the ball. Establish the run.
2 - Throw shorter passes. Use 12 personnel and hit shorter passes on the run. Use the TE’s.
3 - Use play action. By the third quarter he can use play action and try to get the ball farther down the field. And can hit longer runs.. Open the game..
Control the game tempo.
Slow it down with the running game.
TOP will be critical.

blueblood70

Reaction score
right allen had 3 TOS pus one they didn't lose that 4 mistakes from an allegedly elite talent whose supposed to elevate their game.. right and 4 by superfreak ..IN ONE HALF. narratives only apply to our team and players. many questionable clock management issues, and other things in games by allegedly better coaches then ours.
BTW nither coach benched their frnachise qb and the rest fo the team picked them up , rallied and won..

Let me know when Dak has that type of support..he deosnt that Sunday game against WC no one played well, no one coached well, all the talk is daks pick 6 , thats laughable, a joke of a fanbase like last year 14 penalties, OL couldn't open holes ie no run game, defense struggled at times to slow the run, gave up 4 Straight scores, right all the talk is the last pays in which really on the ref and most likely wasnt leading to score anyway..

its always our Qbs fault SMH.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What I noticed this weekend is everyone threw the ball a lot. The running game is an afterthought so far in this postseason.
San Diego couldn't when it needed to. That became its downfall.
The running game comes into play when it's really cold.
But as I said, the playoffs come down to passing, passing blocking and pass rush.
Dak's play will determine whether we're one-and-done or headed to San Fran.

blueblood70

Reaction score
early on, NY ran it well for half then exploited the pass when it opened up..

can our OL open holes? i mean if TB comes to slow /stop or run what then, can holes be opened and any resemblance of a solid run game ?? not the last month it hasnt teams are making us one handed and then the D is leaky,, we need to put solid clean game together ..

the issue in the 9er game was in the trenches and the last month same thing. Hopefully the players coming back and others getting a normal week of rest and rehab can be just what we need to get back to somewhat balanced football.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind them settling him down by rolling him out and trying just some 8-10 yard curls/outs on the roll out. Get in a rhythm with smaller chunks. I think that’s when he’s at his best

TheHerd

Reaction score
My general fears are short passes that turn into long gains and long runs when our players either get pushed around or the DEs bite inside. As far as players, LCB and DT are my biggest worries. I think Dak is a gamer and while I expect mistakes, he also will make some plays.