Dak Prescott’s price went up

Qcard

Reaction score
I am very curious how much lip gloss and knee pads the Dak lovers go through defending their demi-God.
Curious why lip gloss and Knee pads come to your mind when posting about Dak:huh::huh::lmao2:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As I’ve said before, don’t deal with dollars, Jerry. Offer Dak a flat percentage of the team’s cap. 17-18% seems the going rate for a franchise QB. Break that 18% over years and into percentages of bonuses, guarantees, etc. Salary cap goes up, All aspects of the contract go up....every year, but always staying at the agreed upon % of the cap. That way DAK’s salary never becomes grossly outdated and you always know what % of the cap you have for the rest of the team.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Dak_Attack_09 $40M for Dak is ridiculous. $50M for Allen and Lamar Jackson is absolutely hilarious. Many fans here in Balt hide under the table when Jackson stays in the pocket and tries to throw. Jackson barely got his talented defense into the playoffs and exited quickly.

Both Allen and Jackson are eligible for extensions now so we shall see very soon. My guess is that there will be no extensions for either since the 2021 cap will be $180M and 2022 cap is looking nearly as bad. Too much risk.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But what will Dallas do.

I know they will do the deal with Dak and we will be mediocre because of it.

It will be interesting to see if they actually take notice of what’s going on in the league and how we aren’t a very good team even when Dak plays.

I think they will do what they probably already know will happen. I think we will end up trying to smoke and mirror the next several years, failing of course and bob around the pond at about .500, never winning big but never being so bad we actually get a top pick. I think we will look a lot like the Romo years for about 4 or 5 seasons.

Jerry could try and mortgage the future again, like he did in the late 90s, hoping to win a championship and I could actually see this happening because he doesn't have as much time anymore but, I'm not sure Stephen would allow it, IDK.

Bottom line, I think Jerry will try to keep the fan base coming to games, buying caps a Ts, trying to keep the team in the public eye but never really building a championship team.

I believe that this is what we will see if Dak signs a record deal.

JMO

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
As I’ve said before, don’t deal with dollars, Jerry. Offer Dak a flat percentage of the team’s cap. 17-18% seems the going rate for a franchise QB. Break that 18% over years and into percentages of bonuses, guarantees, etc. Salary cap goes up, All aspects of the contract go up....every year, but always staying at the agreed upon % of the cap. That way DAK’s salary never becomes grossly outdated and you always know what % of the cap you have for the rest of the team.

Interesting idea but I don’t think Dak would go for it without a floor amount and Jerry a ceiling amount. Also, don’t know if the player’s union would allow a contract like that.

Verdict

Reaction score
*sighs* another Dak thread. Look, I certainly hope that Jerry wants to keep Dak, but he needs to act on that sooner than later, or let him go. I don't know what else to say. I mean, there's only so many ways that this debate can be argued before it becomes more boring than a long car ride or older than Wakko's sandwiches.

*sits at a piano and starts playing*

Posters have run out of ideas for fresh new threads,
So Cowboyszone did the only thing it knows
Can we afford Dak Prescott
Is Dak staying with the Cowboys
Is Dak the worst QB is what they're craving
(I know that's a thread worth saving *rolls eyes*)
I vote for Dak's a great QB for the next thread

*puts on a Dak jersey and tosses a football*

Reboot them, renew them
Reshoot them, redo them
And reuse them, retool them
Abuse them, just do them
If you wanna make some easy likes, just recycle and rehash the Dak posts

Repeat them, rеinstate them
Reheat the posts, rеcreate the old ideas
There's no need to feel frustrated with new threads
Simply just regurgitate them

For a guaranteed likes smash
Dig up the Dak threads out of the trash
Come on
Just reboot them

Dak should stay, and Dak should go
Is Jerry set on keeping Dak?
Dak's ankle, Twin Dak threads and trade Dak
Go catch Dak in San Diego

Just relax and take the flak
If people want them, bring them back
Dak needs to stay, Dak needs to go, and you don't know football if you think otherwise
Just reboot it, 'cause it sells

Take something debatable, then drag it on for days
Shamelessly make it aggressive
Even if the old fans hate it

Get the Dak threads cleared

You've done sequels, tried for prequels of debates
Think of all the threads that equals
Utilizing these techniques will make your threads revered
Threads revered

Reboot them, renew them
Reshoot them, redo them
And reuse them, retool them
Abuse them, just do them
If you wanna make some easy likes, just recycle and rehash the Dak posts

(For those that don't know, this is a parody of a song from the new Animaniacs reboot)
I have a fresh Idea. How about another Dak thread.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have a fresh Idea. How about another Dak thread.

giphy.gif

That is fresh!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys are too cheap to pay Dak what he is really worth. Dak would be much better off on the open market. Someone will be willing to pay top dollar for his QB services.

Hardline

Reaction score
I hope this is resolved before the draft one way or the other.
I want to know who the next starting QB for the Cowboys is going to be.