News: Dak Prescott accused of using machine to sign autograph

HanD

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19841501/dak-prescott-accused-using-machine-sign-autograph

• Darren RovellESPN Senior Writer
Dak Prescott is being accused of using a machine to sign his autograph for memorabilia company selling to collectors instead of signing himself.

An authentication service has refused to verify the Dallas Cowboysquarterback's signature in a recent card set.

Steve Grad, principal authenticator of Beckett Grading Services, said his company personally looked at five autographed cards from collectors who received a Prescott autograph redemption in Panini's 2016 Prizm set.

"They had a very machine-like feel," Grad said. "You could see the starts and stops."

Atlanta Falcons first-round draft pick Takkarist McKinley were not actually signed by him.

The company promised to send authentic autographs to customers that returned their McKinley signed cards.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if a player is the one operating the machine. Can that be considered a technical way to sign.
It's not like some sales clerk is in the back room doing this.
LOL.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.beckett.com/about-us

GRADING SERVICES
Beckett Grading Services – or as commonly known, BGS - has emerged as the most-recognized name in the industry for its objective card grading services. It was named the Best Grading Service six consecutive years by Card Trade readers. Beckett Vintage Grading, or BVG as it is called, was introduced in 2001 and is the only grading service committed exclusively to vintage cards. A new addition to the line is the Beckett Grading Services Club, a new value-packed grading club that provides collectors value. The new BGS Club offers four levels of membership allowing an opportunity for every budget.

BECKETT AUTHENTICATON SERVICES
Beckett Authentication Services was established in November of 2016 to provide an autograph authentication service that will be the most trusted and respected in this industry. Led by the two top autograph authenticators in the world, Steve Grad and Brian Sobrero bring their years of autograph experience to form the newest member to the Beckett team. BAS is now accepting submissions through the mail or in person at one of the many events they will attend each year.
______

meh. I would've never known who the flip Beckett Grading Services were if not for flipping ESPN. Thanks ESPN.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Stupid Commander fan keeps tagging me whenever there is a story about a Cowboy player on FB. Like idiot I can see it for myself.

Seriously it feels like this off season has been a distraction. Not that it has been, but man it sure feels like it.

Romo
Jaylon
Zeke
Wilson
Dak
Irving
Carroll