Twitter: Dak Prescott after CeeDee Lamb's career day

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Messages
79,849
Reaction score
47,955
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan


The one time they did leave him one-on-one, the safety bit, a great play design, able to bomb it to him. He makes a hell of a catch. And then that two-minute drive, still even rolled to him on the slant and go. Found a window for him and made it happen.

“If you’re going to do that, the numbers are in favor of (CeeDee Lamb). If you want to play CeeDee like that, the numbers are favoring (Pickens). If you want to play both of them, you’re leaving guys like (KaVontae Turpin, Ryan Flournoy, and Jake Ferguson) — guys that I’ve got a great rapport with — one-on-one and we’re gonna attack you however we can.”
 
It makes sense, but we've seen that every game now. Defenses blanket Pickens more often than CeeDee. And Lamb has been shredding them as a result. You think they'd try to blanket Lamb to see if that helps....But hey, I'm not complaining. If they want to keep doing it, we'll keep scoring.
 
I was surprised at the Texans lack of adjustments on CDL. They allowed him to get into game early and often.
I get we have 2 very good WRs, but you can't let one get hot.

Seemed like he was singled most of the game.
 
I was surprised at the Texans lack of adjustments on CDL. They allowed him to get into game early and often.
I get we have 2 very good WRs, but you can't let one get hot.

Seemed like he was singled most of the game.
It's a surprise until you remember that Demeco Ryans isn't actually a good coach.

Forget the volume of catches, the coverage on CD's touchdown (off-man coverage from a safety) is hilariously poor coaching.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,157
Messages
14,670,210
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top