Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson comparison

McKDaddy

Reaction score
One is a baby faced assassin since the day he entered the league and has only refined his skills since. In all fairness, should have probably won 2 -3 league MVP awards by now for carrying some very suspect teams.

One has some talent and a lot of intangibles but really needs a lot of things to go well around him for him to be average. On good days he can be above average, even top 10 QB.

Summary, flip teams & Cowboys are legit SB contenders even at the level they are currently playing defense. Seahawks are no more than 3 wins & Dak probably doesn't last the season due to the pummeling that line would allow. Oddly enough that may be the case in Dallas the way the Oline is getting injured.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I agree Wilson has had a better year so far, but Dak is a top 7 QB right now and his QB rating is very good - though the last 3 games haven't been quite on par with his first 2. But he's top 5 going by just this year alone.

He's on pace for 5,000 yards and 35 TDs. He's a league leading 9.4 yards per attempt, even though he's also looking to set his career record for interceptions too while doing all this.

Right now.... I'd rank:

1. Wilson
2. Mahomes
3. Brady
4. Watson
5. Rodgers
6. Dak

For career accomplishments, I'd only rank Ben and Brees above him, but otherwise he's better than all but 7 other QBs in the world.

Also, I think this "pay him $40 million" thing is a myth. I don't know anyone who's suggesting we should pay him that much. He should max out at $35 mil tops.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Other teams are winning with backup QBs. Ours is at the very least above serviceable. QB is the least of our worries today.

If you watched yesterday's game and came to the conclusion that quarterback is the least of our worries, I honestly don't know what to tell you

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He was carried by a good run game and great defense during those sb runs. He is now playing at an elite level.

I would actually agree with this assessment. Same thing with Ben roethlisberger's early years in Pittsburgh

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak needs to start moving around in and out of the pocket like Wilson is doing. Needs to start getting teams to back off of him with his legs. Moore needs to stop resting on the laurels of the Oline as well. They aren't that impressive, especially on the interior. Hopefully that changes as Fredbeard gets more playing time and Martin's back heals.
Dak does not have near the athleticism as Wilson, shoot, he is not even close to the athleticism of Romo. He is so slow getting out of the pocket.....

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If you watched yesterday's game and came to the conclusion that quarterback is the least of our worries, I honestly don't know what to tell you

If you've watched the Cowboys for the last ten years and have come to the conclusion that coaching isn't the main problem, I honestly don't know what to tell you. A tissue paper defense, worthless secondary, worthless kicker, overpaid DLs, an overrated offensive line with a looming Smith retirement that I don't think would surprise anyone, alleged depth that isn't there, etc. And let's not forget an owner who doesn't care so long as the ratings are good.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
If you've watched the Cowboys for the last ten years and have come to the conclusion that coaching isn't the main problem, I honestly don't know what to tell you. A tissue paper defense, worthless secondary, worthless kicker, overpaid DLs, an overrated offensive line with a looming Smith retirement that I don't think would surprise anyone, alleged depth that isn't there, etc. And let's not forget an owner who doesn't care so long as the ratings are good.

And yet I never said coaching wasn't an issue

I merely scoffed at your assertion that QB was the "least" of our problems

It's clearly an issue for those with functioning eyesight

Frankly so is coaching. No argument there

Shane612

Reaction score
Over the off season, it was reported that Dak turned down 30 mil a year. Russell Wilson is making 35 mil a year with his new contract. So, let's look at the stats

Dak Prescott

http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/profile

Russell Wilson

http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/profile

Dak's 106.0 looks great on the surface, but we all know this is misleading due to the first 2 games of the season, in the last 3 he hasn't put up anything all the impressive. The TD totals are higher than they were last year at this time, but so are his INTs. He has turned the ball over in every game but one this year.

Russell Wilson, however, is playing better than any QB in the league right now. After Mahomes performance last night, I think most would agree that Wilson is probably the front runner in the early MVP race. 12 TD passes, 0 INTs, top of the list in deep field accuracy, and made that throw to Lockett on Thursday that only a few QBs can make. Now, the argument here will be that Wilson has been in the league longer, that would be a valid point if Prescott wasn't asking for that MVP type money now.

Prescott may have ended up playing himself here and lost out on some cash. It's going to be very very tough for him to justify anything more than 30+ million after seeing the way Wilson is playing this year.

I wouldn't pay more than $12mil for Dak, based on his game against NO and GB.
Forget the Jets. Everybody pads their stats against teams like the Jets.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Dak needs to start moving around in and out of the pocket like Wilson is doing. Needs to start getting teams to back off of him with his legs. Moore needs to stop resting on the laurels of the Oline as well. They aren't that impressive, especially on the interior. Hopefully that changes as Fredbeard gets more playing time and Martin's back heals.

Unfortunately, Martin's back won't heal until the offseason.

Shane612

Reaction score
I agree Wilson has had a better year so far, but Dak is a top 7 QB right now and his QB rating is very good - though the last 3 games haven't been quite on par with his first 2. But he's top 5 going by just this year alone.

He's on pace for 5,000 yards and 35 TDs. He's a league leading 9.4 yards per attempt, even though he's also looking to set his career record for interceptions too while doing all this.

Right now.... I'd rank:

1. Wilson
2. Mahomes
3. Brady
4. Watson
5. Rodgers
6. Dak

For career accomplishments, I'd only rank Ben and Brees above him, but otherwise he's better than all but 7 other QBs in the world.

Also, I think this "pay him $40 million" thing is a myth. I don't know anyone who's suggesting we should pay him that much. He should max out at $35 mil tops.
You'd put Dak ahead of Rivers?
Don't know about that.
There maybe couple more that belong in top 6 ahead of Dak.....based on last two games.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Right now.... I'd rank:

1. Wilson
2. Mahomes
3. Brady
4. Watson
5. Rodgers
6. Dak

He's averaging more TDs, but more INTs as well. He went from conservative to a risk taker.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
And yet I never said coaching wasn't an issue

I merely scoffed at your assertion that QB was the "least" of our problems

It's clearly an issue for those with functioning eyesight

Frankly so is coaching. No argument there

IMO, QB is the least of our worries because nobody will flourish behind the O-line we saw yesterday. And the health of Smith worries me not just for this year, but going forward. Are we now going to be looking to solidify the O-line in the draft? And if so, where in the world do we start to fix this awful defense? We're good at WR and RB...maybe not AS good as we thought, but still good. With the talent we allegedly had, we should be able to win with a Dak even if he's not top five. I'll admit there is no way I dump huge money on Dak right now, but I'm much more alarmed by the failure of positions around him.