News: Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz, Ezekiel Elliott: Which is the NFL's top rookie?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz, Ezekiel Elliott: Which is the NFL's top rookie?
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...-carson-wentz-ezekiel-elliott-nfls-top-rookie

After four weeks of NFL football, there's no denying that the NFC East has three of the best rookies in the league.

Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot have led the Cowboys to a 3-1 record by being both productive and efficient. Prescott has yet to turn the ball over, while Zeke is leading all rushers with 103 yards per game. (Is 2nd in rushing yards behind Arizona's David Johnson after Thursday's game).

Meanwhile, Carson Wentz is sixth in QB Rating, like Prescott has thrown no interceptions and has the Eagles sitting at 3-0 heading into a matchup with the 1-3 Detroit Lions after a bye week.

So, which one tops them all?

According to both Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com and Mel Kiper of ESPN, it's Carson Wentz...

1475898277-NS_03Cows49ersfile13.jpg

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I think by the end of the year, it'll go:

1. Zeke
2. Carson Wentz
3. Will Fuller
4. Sterling Shepard
5. Michael Thomas
Honorable Mention: Dak (Romo comes back week 8, so they'll only have Dak's 5-1 record to vote by :) )
Hope your right.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
All three have been exceptional so far. We have two of them, the Eagles one, and the Gnats and Skins zero. I believe the next 5-7 years is us and the cheesesteaks fighting for the division.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think it's neck and neck between Wentz and Dak. Amazing what these rookies are doing. Dak gets a little bit more love b/c he is doing it with a worse defense, and he is technically a 3rd strong QB being asked to lead his team.

Zeke may win out in the long run though. If he stays healthy and the OL keeps rolling-- then there is a chance he breaks the rookie rushing mark. If that happens-- would be hard not to give it to him especially since Dak more than likely won't start the whole season, and Wentz's play could take a dip.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course it goes to Wentz.
1. He is not on the Cowboys.
2. He is on the Eagles.

Why it should go to Dak.
1. He is a comp 4th round pick, as a 1st round pick as in Wentz, is expected to perform at a higher level.
2. Because he is leading the team for a 4th rounder over Zeke being a 1st rounder and is expected to perform at a higher level.

But the thing is, I do not care what those buffoon idiots think. Let's just win our games and make the playoffs. Let the Eagles have all of the accolades.
Because at the end of the season all the Eagles will have is this.....:igglestrophy:

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Of course it goes to Wentz.
1. He is not on the Cowboys.
2. He is on the Eagles.

Why it should go to Dak.
1. He is a comp 4th round pick, as a 1st round pick as in Wentz, is expected to perform at a higher level.
2. Because he is leading the team for a 4th rounder over Zeke being a 1st rounder and is expected to perform at a higher level.

But the thing is, I do not care what those buffoon idiots think. Let's just win our games and make the playoffs. Let the Eagles have all of the accolades.
Because at the end of the season all the Eagles will have is this.....:igglestrophy:
Round drafted does not matter. What matters is who plays better on the field gameday.

haleyrules

Reaction score
The problem for Prescott is when Romo comes back...he could be on the bench and its not easy winning ROY from there.

kapolani

Reaction score
I'm still numb from the fact that we may have found our QB of the future.

Give me an RB that has E Smith potential?

http://i1367.***BLOCKED***/albums/r793/kapolani/BOOM_zpsf5a04378.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's Wentz. Going back over his throws on NFL.com, it is Wentz by a long shot (For now). I still think the guy has a gunslinger mentality and his INTs will come in bunches.

plasticman

Reaction score
If they were to look at it from a co-rookie perspective, then that would be enough to surpass Wentz.

If you looked at the week to week increase in Zeke's productivity they should be curious to how far it goes.

Any way, it's our two rookies against their one. I like the odds. Wendtz could go south, perhaps even one of ours. But both?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's a long way to go before enough info is gleaned from the season to pick a #1 rookie with any conviction right now. Unfortunately, in Dak's case, his credits will likely be interrupted by Romo's return, so it'll probably come down to a contest between Zeke and Wentz.