Video: Dak Prescott looks towards Cowboys 2017 season | SC6 | ESPN

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
One more thing.

Although I don't get it, it's very helpful. Such opinions on Romo help me differentiate people who really know football and those who don't
The football litmus test. Dak's one of them too. If you're trolling about him being Alex Smith or captain checkdown you're not worth discussing QBs. Although you might be fun to make fun of.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The football litmus test. Dak's one of them too. If you're trolling about him being Alex Smith or captain checkdown you're not worth discussing QBs. Although you might be fun to make fun of.

On Facebook I witnessed someone attempting to blame the Green Bay playoff loss on Dak. I mean, he only posted a higher QBR than Aaron Rodgers.

Jstopper

Reaction score
Nobody did. He was a guesser at best. Prescott understands a defense.

Will you stop repeating this same stupid line? Romo wasn't guessing defense he could read a defense as well as any elite qb. Evidenced by the videos that have shown Romo on the sideline breaking down coverage to Dak last year mid game. Matter of fact never mind you can keep posting ridiculousness if you want to, I just won't subject myself to it any longer. Welcome to my ignore list.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Will you stop repeating this same stupid line? Romo wasn't guessing defense he could read a defense as well as any elite qb. Evidenced by the videos that have shown Romo on the sideline breaking down coverage to Dak last year mid game. Matter of fact never mind you can keep posting ridiculousness if you want to, I just won't subject myself to it any longer. Welcome to my ignore list.

There's an ignore list/button? (LOL) Where?

Garrettop

Reaction score
I was making Brady/Dak threads last year when everyone thought I was nuts. Then Kellerman comes out with it and then it's en vogue. Before that it was lazy McNabb/McNair/Moon references.

I addressed your post. I addressed it correctly.

Thanks for bringing that together. I didn't mean to denigrate Romo, I was always a Romo "apologist". However, Dak is simply on a rarified level, at least off the field. We will see if it continues to translate on the field. Not on this forum but elsewhere, I was a Dak cheerleader early on, but I never expected this level of success/performance.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
That whole crew of refugees from the team's page was some full on winners. I scared a couple of them off though.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing that together. I didn't mean to denigrate Romo, I was always a Romo "apologist". However, Dak is simply on a rarified level, at least off the field. We will see if it continues to translate on the field. Not on this forum but elsewhere, I was a Dak cheerleader early on, but I never expected this level of success/performance.
Got it, buddy.

And a "like" for using apologist with quotes, my man. Hate the term, myself.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Romo came in as an undrafted FA and was scrappy and when he made the roster he "was just one of the guys". He knew he had a lot to prove (more than drafted players who come in with pedigree)

his leadership style was relational with his teamates and he won them over with his work on and off the field. With the media-- Tony was authentic and genuine-- maybe too honest at times for his own good. And I respect him for that. He was not a "field general" in the traditional sense... he was more of an "everyman scrapper" that was living his dream.

Dak is different. He is focused, cool, and knows how to play the game to his strengths and not try and be someone else. He had more success and a stronger pedigree in college than Tony did-- and he doesn't have the scrutiny that Tony did either. Tony always had to prove he belonged in the NFL.

Anyway-- sorry for the ramble. I just appreciate the fact both guys are good leaders: effective in their own ways, but different.