Dak Prescott named NFL Man of the Year

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Isn't that kind of like the Participant Award that the crappiest soccer player on a Kids team gets? Don't get me wrong I highly respect the guy for his off field stuff, but this doesn't make me feel any better......

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Amen to all that Rusty Jerry did deck a serious disservice by getting rid of his number one receiver for a ham sandwich and replacing him with somebody who couldn't play.

Then at the end of the season we get TY Hilton off the couch swell!!

Mark Holmes made an interesting point that the Cooper situation may have been Jerry or Stephen trying to get even with Dak. Stephen apparently said before Dak's extension about him needing to understand that he needs to take less. The way he explained his theory was interesting, and, considering that the Joneses operate more on emotions than on logic, is plausible.

Ken

Reaction score
Isn't that kind of like the Participant Award that the crappiest soccer player on a Kids team gets? Don't get me wrong I highly respect the guy for his off field stuff, but this doesn't make me feel any better......
Yes, only other Cowboys to ever win the award were Staubach, Aikman and Witten.

Just so you know...it is literally the highest award the NFL gives.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think the award was created to make you feel better! Sorry to burst your bubble!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Yes, only other Cowboys to ever win the award were Staubach, Aikman and Witten.

Just so you know...it is literally the highest award the NFL gives.
I am aware of that, but still very sour on Dak. Like I said I highly respect the guy for what he does, just wish he was capable of winning an award on field....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

It's a very good honour to receive. It's basically recognising what he's done for the community. I think it's good because NFL players are sometimes out in a bad light of being thuggish, so having an award like this is a way to show the good that players do. So, it's more than a participation award imo. It's a very high award imo. Not even close to a Lombardi, but it's.a very good award nonetheless.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
It's a very good honour to receive. It's basically recognising what he's done for the community. I think it's good because NFL players are sometimes out in a bad light of being thuggish, so having an award like this is a way to show the good that players do. So, it's more than a participation award imo. It's a very high award imo. Not even close to a Lombardi, but it's.a very good award nonetheless.
Bang on it sure is, and I don't take that away from him...again, wish there was an on field aware he was capable of winning is all