News: Dak Prescott named Offensive Rookie of the Month for November

T-RO

Reaction score
We need to get off the idea that prescott won or that cousins lost that game. That did not happen. The cowboys beat the Commanders.

I agree but the nonsense will never die. The offense is 45% of a team--defense, special teams the rest.

And the quarterback is on the field with 10 other offensive players...but somehow W-L is controlled by the quarterback? Sure, the quarterback has way more influence than any other single player, but still... it's so looney.

Cousins deserved it. Dak is still in the running for season MVP.

T-RO

Reaction score
True, but its more of the wind that was the big issue in the Greenbay game. You hear it all the time for NFL quarterbacks...Give me snow, give me rain, give me sleet...Just do give me strong winds.

Cousins was throwing the ball around in that wind like it was nothing.

Maybe wind factor isnt a big deal, but the way quarterbacks talk about it, you would think wind is the worst thing in the world. But ave 18 yards per completion against ANY defense in the NFL is phenomenal.

The way he threw the ball that night was pretty darn amazing. Long balls too.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Why has a thread about rookie of the month been totally derailed into being about Kirk Cousins? I mean seriously. :facepalm:

rdskn4eva

Reaction score
Dak had a higher QB rating than Cousins in Nov: 124.4 to 123.4. Statistically they were very close, and both were outstanding. Most importantly Dak led his team to a perfect record including a win over the Commanders. Yes, I think winning should be a factor in who recieves these awards. If the player's stats are close I'd give it to the one who helped his team win more games.

Keep in mind, Cousins played 3 games to Daks 4, so his per game averages across the board where higher than Dak's. He put up similar raw numbers despite player one less game.

124.4 compared to123.4 is miniscule. It's the difference between 300 yards and 299...at that point, it doesnt matter.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Expected Points Added is a relatively recent metric that measures performance based on down-and-distance, field position, and game situations. It gives more weight to clutch plays, and less to "garbage time" plays. Dak has been so good on 3rd down (especially 3rd and long), and so good in the 4th quarter of close games, that his EPA is one of the highest ever for a QB since these records have been kept.

No rookie QB should be anywhere near the top of the league in EPA, but Prescott leads the NFL through 11 games. According to this metric, he's on an MVP pace.

QB points added

Most quarterback points added through 11 games, since 2006

WON MVP?
2007 Tom Brady +73 Yes
2011 Aaron Rodgers +58 Yes
2016 Dak Prescott +56 ?
2011 Drew Brees +54 No*
2013 Peyton Manning +54 Yes
* Aaron Rodgers won in 2011

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Total crap. Dak had better numbers and beat Cousins head to head. Dak had a better month that Cousins.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Keep in mind, Cousins played 3 games to Daks 4, so his per game averages across the board where higher than Dak's. He put up similar raw numbers despite player one less game.

124.4 compared to123.4 is miniscule. It's the difference between 300 yards and 299...at that point, it doesnt matter.

Keep in mind Dak beat Cousins head to head. He put up the same or better numbers and went 4-0. That a better month than going 2-1. Period, end of story!