Video: Dak Prescott: On Cooper Rush; Motivation & More

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Interesting. How the focus has shifted off Dak this year on how are you going to.....
To other team things.

Because he's shown that he's basically elite. He absolutely shredded the Colts defense and didn't even need to scramble. If our offense doesn't sustain any major injuries, they're going to be wildly problematic for any defense.

Just need our defense to get there. I think they will once we finally can settle on a starting unit. Still haven't seen them play.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Because he's shown that he's basically elite. He absolutely shredded the Colts defense and didn't even need to scramble. If our offense doesn't sustain any major injuries, they're going to be wildly problematic for any defense.

Just need our defense to get there. I think they will once we finally can settle on a starting unit. Still haven't seen them play.

Well from where I sat in Jerry World watching the game..... The Colts defense was rotten.

This weekend will be a good - great prep for the offense.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Well from where I sat in Jerry World watching the game..... The Colts defense was rotten.

This weekend will be a good - great prep for the offense.

Rotten or not, he destroyed them by making all the tough throws as any elite QB should.

We need to stop doing this exercise where we keep moving the goalposts on Dak's talent -- he's good. If he wasn't this good, they would've sat him back down for Tony last season.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Rotten or not, he destroyed them by making all the tough throws as any elite QB should.

We need to stop doing this exercise where we keep moving the goalposts on Dak's talent -- he's good. If he wasn't this good, they would've sat him back down for Tony last season.
No question that Dak has shown some good things in his one year on the field, BUT he was on a really good offense. This is the year that he gets to show the world that he belongs in the good to very good QB level. The sample size to judge by is still small and he did show some problems last year on finding the best receiver open. This year so far we have seen him throw the back shoulder throw that we hope he can duplicate many times during the season. He has still to show that he can pick the best receiver open instead of just finding the designated play receiver.

Anyway, should be entertaining to watch him grow this year. Also, the Colts defense WAS terrible and is why Dak looked like Aikman out there.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
No question that Dak has shown some good things in his one year on the field, BUT he was on a really good offense. This is the year that he gets to show the world that he belongs in the good to very good QB level. The sample size to judge by is still small and he did show some problems last year on finding the best receiver open. This year so far we have seen him throw the back shoulder throw that we hope he can duplicate many times during the season. He has still to show that he can pick the best receiver open instead of just finding the designated play receiver.

Anyway, should be entertaining to watch him grow this year. Also, the Colts defense WAS terrible and is why Dak looked like Aikman out there.

I just flatly disagree.

I think he had no problems finding the open receiver, but as a player who is very averse to turning the ball over, he took the safer option of the "wide open" guy or the checkdown route over making a high risk throw when it just wasn't necessary.

Even still, he made low risk throws, including the 32-yard touchdown to Dez on the back shoulder.

Your allegation that he was "just finding the designated play receiver" is also inaccurate. Dak, several times, made throws after going through progressions like veteran quarterbacks. Every talking head has said it, the coaches are saying it, opposing fans are saying it, even Dak has said it.

With no Ezekiel Elliott (the new trumped up reason why he'll struggle) he went 7/8, 106 yards, 13.3 yards per attempt with a touchdown (158 QB rating) throwing several times from shotgun with minimal protection (5 blockers) and going through multiple reads. You don't do that no matter how good your supporting cast is if you're not good yourself.

Time to face the facts - Dak Prescott is an excellent quarterback and he's here to stay. I'm one of his biggest fans, full disclosure, but at this point and after all of the reviews and comments from camp you've got to be doing some serious mental gymnastics to think that he still "needs to show more." He's already as good, statistically, in two years that it took Romo 10 years to achieve. And he's already WAY better in the main stat that dogged Romo his entire tenure as our leader on offense: turnovers.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I just flatly disagree.

I think he had no problems finding the open receiver, but as a player who is very averse to turning the ball over, he took the safer option of the "wide open" guy or the checkdown route over making a high risk throw when it just wasn't necessary.

Even still, he made low risk throws, including the 32-yard touchdown to Dez on the back shoulder.

Your allegation that he was "just finding the designated play receiver" is also inaccurate. Dak, several times, made throws after going through progressions like veteran quarterbacks. Every talking head has said it, the coaches are saying it, opposing fans are saying it, even Dak has said it.

With no Ezekiel Elliott (the new trumped up reason why he'll struggle) he went 7/8, 106 yards, 13.3 yards per attempt with a touchdown (158 QB rating) throwing several times from shotgun with minimal protection (5 blockers) and going through multiple reads. You don't do that no matter how good your supporting cast is if you're not good yourself.

Time to face the facts - Dak Prescott is an excellent quarterback and he's here to stay. I'm one of his biggest fans, full disclosure, but at this point and after all of the reviews and comments from camp you've got to be doing some serious mental gymnastics to think that he still "needs to show more." He's already as good, statistically, in two years that it took Romo 10 years to achieve. And he's already WAY better in the main stat that dogged Romo his entire tenure as our leader on offense: turnovers.
This! Backhanded compliments are the worse!