Twitter: Dak Prescott put on a show for Mississippi State

GMO415

Reaction score
If Dak didn't get into that drunken fight and it made social media, he'd would have been drafted much higher.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So the purpose of this thread is to look back on Dak's college playing days? Yeah, well I used to look at photos of my first wife when she was 25 pounds lighter and niver.....but that was no longer reality.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Jerry & Stephen' 2nd biggest mistake of the past decade was not signing the kid a few years ago. Their biggest mistake? Keeping Garrett as long as they did.
I never understand this argument. Dak started the 2018 campaign in awful fashion and only rebounded when Amari Cooper came to town. So after 2 years with 24 of those last 32 games not being great you wanted to Jones to sign him to a long term deal like the Rams and the Eagles did with Wentz and Goff......

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So the purpose of this thread is to look back on Dak's college playing days? Yeah, well I used to look at photos of my first wife when she was 25 pounds lighter and niver.....but that was no longer reality.
Too bad for you.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I never understand this argument. Dak started the 2018 campaign in awful fashion and only rebounded when Amari Cooper came to town. So after 2 years with 24 of those last 32 games not being great you wanted to Jones to sign him to a long term deal like the Rams and the Eagles did with Wentz and Goff......

Umm.. I don't know which two years you are referring to.

In 2016 and 2017 Dak had 16 games with a passer rating over 100..
In 2017 and 2018 Dak had 13 games with a passer rating over 100...
in 2018 and 2019 Dak had 16 games with a passer rating over 100

There has never been a 32 game stretch of his career with 24 games of below 100 passer rating. He has hit the 100 passer rating mark 34 times in his 69 starts and has topped 90 in 9 others.

Well maybe you meant turnovers.? Except Dak has never had a season with more than 16 turnovers.. One a game, in 2017 was the only time that happened. His totals for the rest of his career.. 8 turnovers in 2016, 14 turnover in 2018 then 13 turnovers in 2019. The kid takes care of the ball, passes with good efficiency in about 2/3 of his starts. So again I ask you.. when were those 2 years were 24 of 32 games as "not great?" Seems like Dak has been great in a lotta games.. The team.. not so much.. Even the crappy start to 2018 is overplayed IMHO. Dak has 8 TDs and 4 INTS while completing about 64% of his passes in those first 7 games before Coop came to town. His yardage totals were low but that might have had something to do with the fact that the receivers were doing nothing with the ball after he threw it to them.. Once he got an actual playmaker at receiver the yardage totals and completion percentages went up a notch but looking at his attempts per game they stayed in the same ballpark with the exception of the OT game against Philly and then the season ender at the Giants.. Those were his only 300+ yardage games that year by the way. So Dak basically didn't throw it a lot more after the Coop trade.. he just got better results from the passes he threw.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Umm.. I don't know which two years you are referring to.

In 2016 and 2017 Dak had 16 games with a passer rating over 100..
In 2017 and 2018 Dak had 13 games with a passer rating over 100...
in 2018 and 2019 Dak had 16 games with a passer rating over 100

There has never been a 32 game stretch of his career with 24 games of below 100 passer rating. He has hit the 100 passer rating mark 34 times in his 69 starts and has topped 90 in 9 others.

Well maybe you meant turnovers.? Except Dak has never had a season with more than 16 turnovers.. One a game, in 2017 was the only time that happened. His totals for the rest of his career.. 8 turnovers in 2016, 14 turnover in 2018 then 13 turnovers in 2019. The kid takes care of the ball, passes with good efficiency in about 2/3 of his starts. So again I ask you.. when were those 2 years were 24 of 32 games as "not great?" Seems like Dak has been great in a lotta games.. The team.. not so much.. Even the crappy start to 2018 is overplayed IMHO. Dak has 8 TDs and 4 INTS while completing about 64% of his passes in those first 7 games before Coop came to town. His yardage totals were low but that might have had something to do with the fact that the receivers were doing nothing with the ball after he threw it to them.. Once he got an actual playmaker at receiver the yardage totals and completion percentages went up a notch but looking at his attempts per game they stayed in the same ballpark with the exception of the OT game against Philly and then the season ender at the Giants.. Those were his only 300+ yardage games that year by the way. So Dak basically didn't throw it a lot more after the Coop trade.. he just got better results from the passes he threw.
What is this combing years stuff -

'17 - 5 over 100, 5 sub 70
18 - 8 over 100, 2 sub 70 before Amari and 2 over 100 pre Amari

So lets keep it simple 11,5,8,8

2017 was a terrible year and 2018 was a terrible start. (8td's, 4 picks and 6 fumbles in 7 games)

Foolhearty to give him a 30 mill deal after 8 good games with Amari.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What is this combing years stuff -

'17 - 5 over 100, 5 sub 70
18 - 8 over 100, 2 sub 70 before Amari and 2 over 100 pre Amari

So lets keep it simple 11,5,8,8

2017 was a terrible year and 2018 was a terrible start. (8td's, 4 picks and 6 fumbles in 7 games)

Foolhearty to give him a 30 mill deal after 8 good games with Amari.

Right.. it makes way more sense to keep kicking the can down the road and now be looking at paying him 40 million a year. That gamble really paid off for the Cowboys didn't it. Had they done the deal then they would be entering year 3 and have either 1 or 2 years left. Or they could have been smart and made it an extension so that they would have been able to keep paying him less than 2 million a year in 2019 and 2020 would have been the first year of the new deal kicking in with a cap hit I can guarantee you would have been a lot less than the tag. And it would have kicked in at THIRTY MILLION A YEAR for the next 5 years. Waiting has allowed the price to go up to at least 35 million a year.. so waiting cost a minimum of 25 million over the life of the deal. Or 20 million if you make it a 4 year deal. And if it keeps going the way it has.. you're looking at 40 million a year or 50 million extra over the 5 year term.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Right.. it makes way more sense to keep kicking the can down the road and now be looking at paying him 40 million a year. That gamble really paid off for the Cowboys didn't it. Had they done the deal then they would be entering year 3 and have either 1 or 2 years left. Or they could have been smart and made it an extension so that they would have been able to keep paying him less than 2 million a year in 2019 and 2020 would have been the first year of the new deal kicking in with a cap hit I can guarantee you would have been a lot less than the tag. And it would have kicked in at THIRTY MILLION A YEAR for the next 5 years. Waiting has allowed the price to go up to at least 35 million a year.. so waiting cost a minimum of 25 million over the life of the deal. Or 20 million if you make it a 4 year deal. And if it keeps going the way it has.. you're looking at 40 million a year or 50 million extra over the 5 year term.
Hindsight is 20/20. I bet the Rams and Philly wish they could have a do-over!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Damn I know you got high blood pressure with all that salt you throwing over there.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Thanks that's what I thought but didn't want to assume. My ex-wife was never particularly nice.. Hence the ex status. My second wife is much nicer.. at least that's what she tells me I have to say or suffer the consequences! LOL!

Right there with you brother as my 2nd wife likes to throw knives and I am a deep sleeper so no desire for a Lorena Bobbitt remake.