Dak Prescott question looms large

dckid

Reaction score
That doesn't mean a team will give up 2 first rounders for him. Nobody did for cousins when he was on the franchise tag
yes because that was the franchise tag.
If we really want to move away from Dak, have another team deploy the poison pill and than Jerry can say.. we wanted to sign him long term but team X offered this and it was too rich for our blood. Thanks to Dak for everything he brought to the organization.... get my drift.
It all depends on our coaching staff/ FO to determine. The point is don't waste time as QB contracts get more expensive by the minute.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
When JJ falls in love with another man , (Garrett) for example , he will not easily get rid of him. So , seeing as to how he is in love with Dak , he will keep him around until he can no longer justify him to the fans and media.

jerry falls out of love as soon as it starts costing him $$$. Nothing will cost him dollars like an overpaid junior high qb

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
what? Did I just get threatened by a grown up with timeout?

shut up......I haven’t said anything bad to you. Don’t reply to me if you can’t handle it

You’re just looking for a slap fight, I’m here to have intelligent conversation with knowledgeable football fans. If you want to taking shots go ahead. I’ve obviously gotten under your thin skin.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
gonna take a long time and a lot of money to build a defense around dak. And then, poof he is 38 years old and still not good and broke down and retires.
Rinse and repeat
The Cowboys need to start with a stud at one of two positions; DT or S. Make one of those positions a top tier performer next year and the Cowboys defense will be much improved. I think they are already improved by a change in leadership. Two DCs? Ridiculous.

I would look to FA for the quality guy who gets cut due to cap hit, bring him in for a year like they did with Bennett and Quinn. Meanwhile keep drafting hoping to hit on that "diamond in the rough". See where it goes form there. The Steelers transformed their defense with Fitzpatrick.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
If we really want to move away from Dak, have another team deploy the poison pill and than Jerry can say.. we wanted to sign him long term but team X offered this and it was too rich for our blood. Thanks to Dak for everything he brought to the organization.... get my drift.
It all depends on our coaching staff/ FO to determine. The point is don't waste time as QB contracts get more expensive by the minute.

only problem is no ther team is going to be willing to overpay dak. They already got a better ab or they can draft one.

if chargers are done with rivers, that’s our only hope.

Dak really has absolutely zero leverage to negotiate. Jerry could prob convince him to play for peanuts so he can keep collecting his Pepsi checks and getting in from of the camera with empty promises of “getting better and working harder”

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
You’re just looking for a slap fight, I’m here to have intelligent conversation with knowledgeable football fans. If you want to taking shots go ahead. I’ve obviously gotten under your thin skin.
Want to get reported keep it up. :thumbup: If you want to act like a child go find a playground.

ok big cowboy

dckid

Reaction score
only problem is no ther team is going to be willing to overpay dak. They already got a better ab or they can draft one.

if chargers are done with rivers, that’s our only hope.

Dak really has absolutely zero leverage to negotiate. Jerry could prob convince him to play for peanuts so he can keep collecting his Pepsi checks and getting in from of the camera with empty promises of “getting better and working harder”
I think we as Cowboy fans are just looking at his warts. Remember it only takes one team to fall in love with Dak.. like Cousins and Minnesota.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Recent history tells us that the best college football team this year, lets say LSU or Clemson (national title) would not be able to beat the worst NFL team this year, the 2-14 Bengals.

For the sake of the argument lets say DP is the worst QB in the league, with the previous example given I think it is really difficult to say that the best HS quarterback in the country would be as good or better than the worst QB in the NFL.

In no order

tua
Eli
Rivers
Brady
Herbert
The Washington kid
Jake bishop (aledo high school)
The Duncanville hs qb
Sam ehlinger
Whoever is the qb at south lake hs
Lake Travis hs qb
Austin westlake hs qb
Greg ward (currently wr brought up late in year by eagle but played wr for them)

This is a long long list

Flamma

Reaction score

I agree you don't waste time. But only if you're sure you're going to sign the qb. I think the cowboys are still trying to determine whether or not Dak is in the category of quarterbacks that command that kind of contract in the first place.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
In no order

tua
Eli
Rivers
Brady
Herbert
The Washington kid
Jake bishop (aledo high school)
The Duncanville hs qb
Sam ehlinger
Whoever is the qb at south lake hs
Lake Travis hs qb
Austin westlake hs qb
Greg ward (currently wr brought up late in year by eagle but played wr for them)

This is a long long list

I don't like Dak at QB, but that list of replacements had me laughing :lmao2:. High School Quarterbacks? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I agree you don't waste time. But only if you're sure you're going to sign the qb. I think the cowboys are still trying to determine whether or not Dak is in the category of quarterbacks that command that kind of contract in the first place.

I don't think the Cowboys are indecisive at all. Nothing they've done or says suggests it. They simply haven't agreed on terms, as has been reported by multiple sources. Here's one of them.

The Cowboys have offered Prescott a deal worth more than $30 million annually that would put him among the top five players at his position.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Because of the salary cap there are only two ways to win championships in this league. Have an elite QB that can carry a mediocre roster because that's what happens when a QB gets top money. Or have a stacked roster and a QB on a rookie contract. Which one is Dak? His contract is up and hes not a rookie and he isnt elite either. So what do you do with a guy like Dak. If your desperate you over pay him. If your smart you franchise him and draft a QB in the first or second round.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Because of the salary cap there are only two ways to win championships in this league. Have an elite QB that can carry a mediocre roster because that's what happens when a QB gets top money. Or have a stacked roster and a QB on a rookie contract. Which one is Dak? His contract is up and hes not a rookie and he isnt elite either. So what do you do with a guy like Dak. If your desperate you over pay him. If your smart you franchise him and draft a QB in the first or second round.
We’re a team of narratives. The narrative is gonna be that Garrett held dak back. The patriots, ravens, or packers or chiefs probably would what you suggested

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Dak is going to get a franchise QB contract...meaning that he will get the highest paid contract...and then quickly be passed up by Watson and Mahomes.

Stop complaining. This is exactly how Romo and every other franchise QB is treated.

links18

Reaction score
Of course it does, why wouldn't it? In other words, the sky is blue.