Dak Prescott said Cowboys didn't practice well on Thursday, which includes himself

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We came out in the fourth quarter with some urgency attitude. Maybe this changes something when we play the Giants. If we beat them shame on the coaching. If we
lose well, let’s just talent we have.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Im not excusing the players AT ALL. But this is the reality when you have a lame duck HC.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's very much a marriage of convenience.

The Cowboys have an opening, and they offer Belichick the best chance to break Shula's career coaching wins record.

Plus, they (Jones and Belichick) weirdly like each other.

I just want to be in the room when Belichick wants to tell them they can all go play for Arlington High School, but Jerry comes in the locker room and tells them how great they are.

IF they hire Belichick, his two biggest hires will be Offensive Coordinator and whoever he brings in to help with the salary cap.

Culture and Stephen's ineptness in his role are this team's biggest issues right now. Both are the most fixable too.
The biggest issue right now isn't fixable until Jerry removes himself and his family from football operations. He's made it clear that he isn't doing that bc winning a super bowl isn't his objective........unless he is front and center.

He would rather lose like this than have another man step in , win one, and make this last 30 years of him running the club look foolish and inept. If Jerry does bring Bill in , it will be to make him look just as inept so Jerry can say " hey look, even the GOAT doesn't have a secret sauce. Nobody can do better than me. Belechek not doing any better than any other coach I've hired proves it. "

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm beginning to believe the conspiracy theory about everyone knowing that Belichick is coming next year anyway, so why bother trying.

The way the Giants have been playing and Bill’s ties to NY, he is probably going there. Bill Bellichek wasn’t given a job, because he wants complete control. No Owner that respects his GM is going to hire him. And Jerry is the last guy to give that up. The only guy most likely willing to give him what he wants is Mara. That’s the guy who even gave Jason Garrett a job.

Further, MM “play calling” was allegedly what made Dak MVP. They gave him complete reigns and Dak even said after the playoff loss, if MM is let go they might as well let him go.

It was insanity to give Dak a contract in these conditions.

khiladi

Reaction score
And Bellichek isn’t saving Dak. Dak can’t run the Erhardt-Perkins system, let alone play good enough in the dumbed down offense he’s already in. Bill also doesn’t have Dante Scarnnecia and Ernie Adams anymore.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's very much a marriage of convenience.

The Cowboys have an opening, and they offer Belichick the best chance to break Shula's career coaching wins record.

Plus, they (Jones and Belichick) weirdly like each other.

I just want to be in the room when Belichick wants to tell them they can all go play for Arlington High School, but Jerry comes in the locker room and tells them how great they are.

IF they hire Belichick, his two biggest hires will be Offensive Coordinator and whoever he brings in to help with the salary cap.

Culture and Stephen's ineptness in his role are this team's biggest issues right now. Both are the most fixable too.
I think there is already a handshake deal with BB. Been saying it all off-season. Its the only thing that makes sense as to the FO sitting out of FA. Even for a guy like D'Onta Foreman.

The fact they did nothing because they were "broke" then signed CeeDee and Dak and created cap space is a joke in itself.