News: Dak Prescott: Show The Team That We Are

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yes, no QB is perfect. Yet, Dak leads the league in passing yards by almost 400 yards

No one has asked for perfection. Expecting that you not fumble and not turn the ball over isn't perfection. Same as the expectation that you not restrict your offense to the 1st and 4th quarter.

As for his passing yards stat, it's meaningless, because at the end of the day no one is going to remember or care if you tossed for all those yards if your team has a losing record.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Honestly, if this continues and we do have a losing season, I wonder what direction the team will be heading. I could see OL, DL, and QB all in the mix. If Jerry had his pick, I believe he’s going to go QB.
That would be so stupid. At worst, you have a QB executing the game plan well enough to win games already. This team’s defense through 4 games has been historically bad with quite a few 1 year starters who will be gone next year. The primary focus of everything from FA through the draft must be defense...DE, LB, S, CB.......when an opening appears, a quality OT to start or backup.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No one has asked for perfection. Expecting that you not fumble and not turn the ball over isn't perfection. Same as the expectation that you not restrict your offense to the 1st and 4th quarter.

As for his passing yards stat, it's meaningless, because at the end of the day no one is going to remember or care if you tossed for all those yards if your team has a losing record.
Hard to hold on to the ball when you're getting stripped from your blindside barely 3 seconds after the snap of the ball.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's well spoken, but why does he talk like he's trying to be heard in the balcony? Ya got microphones there, Dak!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Same as the expectation that you not restrict your offense to the 1st and 4th quarter.
Interesting. The offense is tied for 12th in 2nd quarter scoring and tied for 6th in 3rd quarter scoring. I get cleaning up the turnovers is a must but it's unrealistic to expect the offense to hum all 4 quarters, but that is required because the defense can't stop anyone.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I haven't watched the video, but did he happen to say that he was going to work on his own ball protection? He needs to...
I did, he says he likes his guys lol. Says the defense is ok and so are the replacements on OL. They are pros or they wouldnt be here.
He said they were going for a win lol, but did not guarantee one.:eek:

Creeper

Reaction score
The team that they are is on injured reserve. This looks like on of those seasons where everything that can go wrong does go wrong. I am not going to give examples of what will probably happen next because I don't want to jinx anybody, but use your imaginations.

JayFord

Reaction score
What you all are is 1-3

the offense is not without fault but the defense is Code Red and the reason we’re 1-3

odog422

Reaction score

Why do I have this feeling when Dak was going 13-3 you were part of the crowd saying “winning is a team stat, he barely can throw for 200 yards.”

The way the goalposts move and guys like you scurry to find something else to say how Dak is subpar when Dak obliterates criticism after criticism is amazing to watch....

P.S. For the record, I’m pretty sure only Brady and maybe Wilson has won more than Dak since he came in the league.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Interesting. The offense is tied for 12th in 2nd quarter scoring and tied for 6th in 3rd quarter scoring. I get cleaning up the turnovers is a must but it's unrealistic to expect the offense to hum all 4 quarters, but that is required because the defense can't stop anyone.

Agreed. Dak has said this before. They need to learn to play complementary football, meaning, when the offense doesn’t score, which is going to happen, the defense needs to come up with a stop. When the defense comes up with a stop, the offense needs to come out and score. They aren’t doing that at all. It’s mostly not fair to the offense because if they make one mistake or don’t score on one drive, the defense will screw up and let them get ahead.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Don't understand why some are killing Dak. I'm sure if I had told everyone in here we would score near 40 in 3 of our first four games. Everyone in here would of said,"3 and 0 for sure" It's not Dak's fault our defense sucks like a 1960's broken vacuum.
OIP.tZH1EuscLFwxQ_v_kRsPmQHaFD