News: Dak Prescott's work ethic earned veterans' respect, prepared him for the Cowboys spotlight

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...edveterans-respect-prepared-cowboys-spotlight

Any success Dak Prescott enjoys Sunday afternoon is built on thousands of moments like the one that took place three days earlier.

The horn sounds to signal a brief break in the Cowboys practice. Prescott immediately heads over to offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. The rookie quarterback is unhappy with his footwork on that last play-action pass.

"Get me three more reps of that," Prescott says.

Linehan can't help but smile.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot like Romo as far as work ethic goes. That worked out really well for us in that case.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah all great players are dedicated always trying to be the best they can be. Romo and Sean Lee are both great examples of that I'm glad to see Dak following in those footsteps

Ken

Reaction score
And to think about how many people a) didn't want him at all in the draft and b) said he wouldn't even be a backup in this league.

I knew nothing about him until about a week before the draft and watched his tape and was in love right at that point...

I really don't know how anyone who put any time in evaluating him couldn't be. This guy should be a wake-up call for the rest of the NFL and their talent 'evaluation' process.

I have no doubt he will be successful in this league...I am only wondering a bit about how today will play out.

Gaede

Reaction score
That's an awesome work ethic he's got there.

I certainly didn't have that attitude at that age!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just hope Linehan has continued to adapt the offense he showed some stuff in preseason I hope it carries over

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Hoping the preseason carries into the regular season has made fools of so many in the past. It's like one of the main football no-no's.
Agree today we find out. For me the only thing I am giddy about is our OL. I just can't buy into all this Dak love until he proves it on the field. Either way it's game day and I am pumped!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Hoping the preseason carries into the regular season has made fools of so many in the past. It's like one of the main football no-no's.

It has more to do about the kid rather than the preseason. He goes about his business the right way, works hard as anyone and is a leader....those things are indisputable, if he can read defended quick enough he is a sure bet.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
You should be hopeful. Prescott gave no reason to believe he can't do it yet.
Yes in the preseason but today we find out if it was a mirror or if he is legit. I am hopeful it's week one :dance:just not guaranteeing a win and immediate success like so many others. My new Cowboys shirt is on and ready to rock. :yourock:I'm really pumped to see Zeke for a full game as well. Just have some tempered expectations. A rookie QB and RB, being a loyal Romo fan I can't just throw him to the curb, and all the off field Zeke crap has just lowered my overall enthusiasm. Either way it's all about the boys today and for the next four months, win or lose I will be watching, cheering, and crying just like the past 37 years! Go cowboys!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes in the preseason but today we find out if it was a mirror or if he is legit. I am hopeful it's week one :dance:just not guaranteeing a win and immediate success like so many others. My new Cowboys shirt is on and ready to rock. :yourock:I'm really pumped to see Zeke for a full game as well. Just have some tempered expectations. A rookie QB and RB, being a loyal Romo fan I can't just throw him to the curb, and all the off field Zeke crap has just lowered my overall enthusiasm. Either way it's all about the boys today and for the next four months, win or lose I will be watching, cheering, and crying just like the past 37 years! Go cowboys!

We don't really find out anything conclusively today. We begin to find out. It's his first start in the NFL.

I'd run the ball 30 plus times today. Just pound them with it with both backs.