Twitter: Dak ranks 15th on NFL.com ranking

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What an odd ranking. They have Andrew Luck ranked 10th despite missing an entire season and he hasn’t done a lot the past 3 seasons. Jimmy G only played 7 games but that was good enough to rank him 12th? Nick Foles who played lights out in the playoffs and SB is ranked 32nd? Mahomes started and played in only one game and is ranked 27th? Lol Bradford who missed a chunk of the season and didn’t play in any of the critical games is ranked 28th? :huh:

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score
What an odd ranking. They have Andrew Luck ranked 10th despite missing an entire season and he hasn’t done a lot the past 3 seasons. Jimmy G only played 7 games but that was good enough to rank him 12th? Nick Foles who played lights out in the playoffs and SB is ranked 32nd? Mahomes started and played in only one game and is ranked 27th? Lol Bradford who missed a chunk of the season and didn’t play in any of the critical games is ranked 28th? :huh:
My thoughts exactly. Sports radio in the Bay Area is hoping that Jimmy G is not another Brock Oswillar.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I won't be too overly critical with DAk's ranking but I can see the overrating of Andrew Luck will continue and Garapollo the next great overrated qb.

J817

Reaction score
How many front offices has Rosenthal worked in?

None, but he is closer to the job then anyone one on this board.

Idk about ranking Carr over Dak but all the others ranked over him seems about right. Dak should be 16th imo

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I can already hear all of the faux outrage from Dak slobberers, but Rosenthal is a bit of a Dak slobberer himself and likely has him higher than he merits. I've seen other offseason rankings have Dak in the low teens/high twenties.

Rosenthal had Dak at #6 before the season started so it's not like he thinks Dak sucks, just that he sucked for a big chunk of 2017.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ndex-week-1-dak-prescott-demands-your-respect

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I can already hear all of the faux outrage from Dak slobberers, but Rosenthal is a bit of a Dak slobberer himself and likely has him higher than he merits. I've seen other offseason rankings have Dak in the low teens/high twenties.

Rosenthal had Dak at #6 before the season started so it's not like he thinks Dak sucks, just that he sucked for a big chunk of 2017.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ndex-week-1-dak-prescott-demands-your-respect
Thats what happens when your team loses all pro players and your coaching staff doesn't adjust.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
He was a terrific QB until he started getting beat up but he hasn’t had a solid season or a full season since 2014.
He's good, but he's never been as good as "the next Payton Manning", which I heard 100 times when he was coming out in that draft. Not even close.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's good, but he's never been as good as "the next Payton Manning", which I heard 100 times when he was coming out in that draft. Not even close.

When he first came out he looked like he could be the next Peyton Manning. He turned a bad Colts team around immediately. He made them a playoff team in one year. He’s 3-3 in the playoffs and has reached a title game. He’s had to carry the Colts and has played behind a bad OL that’s gotten him real beat up. With a serious shoulder problem his best years could be behind him. If he can’t get on the field for the opener in 2018 he could be done or near the end.

DanA

Reaction score
There’s a lot of potential and estimation involved in those rankings and very little factual information. I kinda agree with a lot of it but you got to question how much of a “cool kid” bias there is. Seems a fair bit.