Dak should call his own plays in preseason

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be disappointed. But understand you have to win to get a ring. You have to make the playoffs to do it.
What? You have to "win" to get A RING? no way dude!

What ever would I do without ya?

(I don't call the Bucs "winners' at 8-9. I call them losers. And yet still they made the playoffs. Lucky for us, I guess. And yet still....we only got one more game than them. You keep dancing around my point with "words of wisdom". :rolleyes::confused: )

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What? You have to "win" to get A RING? no way dude!

What ever would I do without ya?

(I don't call the Bucs "winners' at 8-9. I call them losers. And yet still they made the playoffs. Lucky for us, I guess. And yet still....we only got one more game than them. You keep dancing around my point with "words of wisdom". :rolleyes::confused: )
Not at all. You’re just missing a very basic point because I guess you want to be pessimistic. My point is two 12 win seasons is a good foundation. Next step should be SB. Or Conference game. They have a legit chance next season to win some games and go far in the playoffs. Why you are stuck on last season I don’t know. New year to be optimistic about. If you don’t want to be that’s fine.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all. You’re just missing a very basic point because I guess you want to be pessimistic. My point is two 12 win seasons is a good foundation. Next step should be SB. Or Conference game. They have a legit chance next season to win some games and go far in the playoffs. Why you are stuck on last season I don’t know. New year to be optimistic about. If you don’t want to be that’s fine.
Sorry my man. I only go on past production...not wishful thinking. I am just presenting actual facts.

Don't get me wrong...hope does spring eternal and I will continue to enthusiastically support my Cowboys.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love when people say things like this.

Based on "past production," the Chiefs are the only team eligible to win the Super Bowl ever again lol
Not sure you even know what we were talking about. Or the context of that.

But please...carry on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what does past production tell you?
Tells me I will believe it when I see it.

YOU..on the other hand...just keep expecting the different results by doing the same thing.

YOU...on the other hand...counting your chickens before they are hatched.

YOU: 'Well we made some moves, so all our problems going away".

I think I've seen you defend Dak by attacking Jerry Jones. He's still here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tells me I will believe it when I see it.

YOU..on the other hand...just keep expecting the different results by doing the same thing.

YOU...on the other hand...counting your chickens before they are hatched.

YOU: 'Well we made some moves, so all our problems going away".

I think I've seen you defend Dak by attacking Jerry Jones. He's still here.
Ok. Feel how you want. We will agre to disagree. I’m just here to enjoy the ride. I think they’ve done a good job this season but I don’t think they’ve done a good job for the last 27 years. Both can be true.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
T
I love when people say things like this.

Based on "past production," the Chiefs are the only team eligible to win the Super Bowl ever again lol
hats what I was getting it. So past production says we shouldn’t even suit up this year because Chiefs will win it and Eagles will win the NFC East even though no one has won the NFC East in back to back years since 2003 but we only use past production when it goes against the Cowboys lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I get it.

Your point is just bad.
My point is not bad. A LOT of people say it. 27 years of futility. That is "PAST PERFORMANCE" (or rather production. I guess) .

"We made the changes"...and still nothing. Year after year. This year is no different until they have better "production"...in the post season.

Many blame Jerry as the common denominator.

As I said...gonna enthusiastically cheer them on all the way. While I temper my expectations.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T

hats what I was getting it. So past production says we shouldn’t even suit up this year because Chiefs will win it and Eagles will win the NFC East even though no one has won the NFC East in back to back years since 2003 but we only use past production when it goes against the Cowboys lol.
Nope...I didn't say we shouldn;t suit up. I even said Im gonna cheer them on.

Why do you keep making up lies? Things nobody said. Try to just go by the words rather than making shtuff up so you can fight.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope...I didn't say we shouldn;t suit up. I even said Im gonna cheer them on.

Why do you keep making up lies? Things nobody said. Try to just go by the words rather than making shtuff up so you can fight.
I never said you said any of that lol. I’m just dissecting “past performance”.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
My point is not bad. A LOT of people say it. 27 years of futility. That is "PAST PERFORMANCE" (or rather production. I guess) .

"We made the changes"...and still nothing. Year after year. This year is no different until they have better "production"...in the post season.

Many blame Jerry as the common denominator.

As I said...gonna enthusiastically cheer them on all the way. While I temper my expectations.
A LOT of people make the same dumb point. The 27 years number is fugazi, it means nothing. If it actually did mean anything, the Chiefs' 50 years of futility would have precluded them from winning the Super Bowl in 2020. Selective data can tell whatever story you want, but the 27 years mark totally ignores the context of...the entirety of professional sports lol.

At the start of the 2020 season, based on your logic, who would be more likely to win the Super Bowl?

Team A: 3 Super Bowls 30 years
Team B: 1 Super Bowl in 50 years
Team C: 6 Super Bowls in 20 years

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A LOT of people make the same dumb point. The 27 years number is fugazi, it means nothing. If it actually did mean anything, the Chiefs' 50 years of futility would have precluded them from winning the Super Bowl in 2020. Selective data can tell whatever story you want, but the 27 years mark totally ignores the context of...the entirety of professional sports lol.

At the start of the 2020 season, based on your logic, who would be more likely to win the Super Bowl?

Team A: 3 Super Bowls 30 years
Team B: 1 Super Bowl in 50 years
Team C: 6 Super Bowls in 20 years
All right buddy. I have to admit I am not sure what you are saying. My comment was originally just a very simple comment that everything we been doing hasn't gotten us very far. Even the amzing 2016 season saw us get bounced right quick.

. That's it. A simple...and factual... statement.

You keep going twisting into...whatever this is.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
That's the only way he's going to understand what his responsibility as a quarterback is. He seems content to run whatever play the OC calls, and when it fails he seems to assume that it's the failure of the OC.
By making him call his own plays he could actually improve.
:flagwave::flagwave::lmao::lmao2:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
All right buddy. I have to admit I am not sure what you are saying. My comment was originally just a very simple comment that everything we been doing hasn't gotten us very far. Even the amzing 2016 season saw us get bounced right quick.

. That's it. A simple...and factual... statement.

You keep going twisting into...whatever this is.
I am saying past performance is pointless when it comes to future success, so the point you made about 27 years is a bad one, regardless of how many people make it.

Go ahead and answer the question - which of those teams was most likely to win a Super Bowl?