Image: Dak since week 10

My3Sons

Reaction score
320656692_1812913319087876_1505947794820553588_n.jpg

I am not here to bash Dak, but these numbers tell a story. It could be argued his receivers have tipped balls, ran lazy routes, etc..

Just going off my eyeball test yesterday, the OT pick was not his fault. It also says the first pick was his fault and I felt CeeDee stepped in front of a DB to save Dak an interception. So, if we blame the WR in OT, we have to remember his WR saved him a pick earlier in the game.

As bad as the defense was yesterday, they stopped the Jags in OT and gave us a chance to win.

I am open to more advanced numbers to explain the problem. Potential problems other than Dak would be OC, WRs, WR coach.

Cooper Rush went 4-1 against some good teams with this WR corps, OC, WR coach and defense.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak is having a mediocre at best season. The passing offense is archaic and predictable. Moore lacks imagination, creativity, and ingenuity.

The only reason we have had much success at all is the fact that our running game cam be dominant and teams have to honor that threat.

When we have had to lean on Prescott and the passing game— we have struggled— especially against quality opponents.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
Rush went 4-1 beating both Super Bowl teams from last year. Dak is better than Rush, but Dak is a good bus driver and coaches and most fans havent realized that yet. He Needs a dominant oline and running game to win, without both of those, Dak is an average at best QB. Elite franchise QBs are not inconsistent as Dak has been for 7 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Rush went 4-1 beating both Super Bowl teams from last year. Dak is better than Rush, but Dak is a good bus driver and coaches and most fans havent realized that yet. He Needs a dominant oline and running game to win, without both of those, Dak is an average at best QB. Elite franchise QBs are not inconsistent as Dak has been for 7 years.

Yet we were 12-4 last year without a dominant run game and Olne. Any more lies?

Dak is a good QB period. He can drive it, he can lead it, he can score it, whatever. Hes THAT good.

Under Dak for the past 3 season the Cowboys have had the #1 offense in football. Thats both with and without a dominant Oline and run game. The guy can score points.

What usually determines how far this team goes is the defense. Scoring 34 means little if your defense gives up more.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak is going to make wrong decisions during games. Most can be stopped with the help of the Kellen Moore. Look back at all Dak's int's. It's a pattern when he throws them and where. Kellen Moore needs to figure this out and call plays to help his quarterback out. Isn't that his JOB?????:facepalm:

Cowboys93

Reaction score
This team needs to let KM walk next year in order to get a true read on who Dak is as a QB and whether he is the answer post 2023/24. If not then we’re doomed to rinse, recycle, and repeat

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is going to make wrong decisions during games. Most can be stopped with the help of the Kellen Moore. Look back at all Dak's int's. It's a pattern when he throws them and where. Kellen Moore needs to figure this out and call plays to help his quarterback out. Isn't that his JOB?????:facepalm:

There is a pattern I agree. About half of them are on the receiver either running a poor route, wrong route, or a pass bouncing off their chest.

But just so you know, QB's throw picks all the time. Even the good ones. Your just not used to seeing it because Dak prior to this year has been great at not throwing them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This team needs to let KM walk next year in order to get a true read on who Dak is as a QB and whether he is the answer post 2023/24. If not then we’re doomed to rinse, recycle, and repeat

There are smarter people than you that can and have figured this out already.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Dak is better than Rush. Okay. Is he the 40 mil a year better than Rush? Hardly.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
There is a pattern I agree. About half of them are on the receiver either running a poor route, wrong route, or a pass bouncing off their chest.

But just so you know, QB's throw picks all the time. Even the good ones. Your just not used to seeing it because Dak prior to this year has been great at not throwing them.

I agree. That's why I'm not pissing all over Dak for throwing them. Gonna happen. But he's still getting you 30 plus a game. Main problem is what it's always been in Dallas. DEFENSE!! Can we get a consistent defense that holds teams to even 24??? They did that. Dallas wins even with the 2 int's. Hurt had 2 and Philly still won. We had a better defense we'd be undefeated. With Dak Prescott quarterbacking.

Aven8

Reaction score

Bingo. I was screaming at the TV when Jax had just thrown a bomb and what do we do? We come out like we are behind and throw two straight passes on 1st and 2nd down deep in our own territory. The second one got picked. Ridiculous. Dak has to stop the picks but he’s OC has to be the one to reel him in here with better situational play calling.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You mean like Brady is this year? Stafford was this year? Allen is this year? Rogers? Its football buddy. Learn football.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree. That's why I'm not pissing all over Dak for throwing them. Gonna happen. But he's still getting you 30 plus a game. Main problem is what it's always been in Dallas. DEFENSE!! Can we get a consistent defense that holds teams to even 24??? They did that. Dallas wins even with the 2 int's. Hurt had 2 and Philly still won. We had a better defense we'd be undefeated. With Dak Prescott quarterbacking.

Dak definitely stunk up the first game of the year. Not a big deal. Hes been great since. Picks have never been a problem for him so Im not worried about it. Its all gonna come down to the first round anyway. Most likely this team will find a way to lose. Personally I hope they rest anyone dinged up for a game or two down the stretch.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Bingo. I was screaming at the TV when Jax had just thrown a bomb and what do we do? We come out like we are behind and throw two straight passes on 1st and 2nd down deep in our own territory. The second one got picked. Ridiculous. Dak has to stop the picks but he’s OC has to be the one to reel him in here with better situational play calling.

You preaching to the choir. Moore was calling plays like we were 10 points down. Game management. Situational game management-like you said. Great observation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You preaching to the choir. Moore was calling plays like we were 10 points down. Game management. Situational game management-like you said. Great observation.

You mean he was calling plays like they were stacking the line to stop the run? And no doubt had he stupidly run into a brick wall a few times and gotten stuffed, you would be complaining that he sucks at play calling. LOL

More is leading the #1 scoring offense in football under Dak. The results point a different picture. And even with Rush at QB he was able to help them go 5-1.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You mean he was calling plays like they were stacking the line to stop the run? And no doubt had he stupidly run into a brick wall a few times and gotten stuffed, you would be complaining that he sucks at play calling. LOL

More is leading the #1 scoring offense in football under Dak. The results point a different picture. And even with Rush at QB he was able to help them go 5-1.

That was when teams were scoring 18 or less point's against our defense. We all saw what Rush did when he had to score more. Dak's offense averaging over 30 a game. Again, offense ain't the problem. Get a REAL defense in here and you'll have multiple Super Bowl wins with Dak Prescott as your q.b.