Dak summed up in a sentence and a question

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You can argue the Cowboys are just as bad with just as bad coaching.

Well....I guess you'd pay him what other guys who other teams don't fear. Does anyone fear Jimmy Garapolo, Jarod Goff, Kirk Cousins or Carson Wentz? They got 28-34 million...so there's your answer.

Well it sure looks like 3 of those 4 our going to make the playoffs this season and the one who won't took his team to the SB last year and will probably have his team finishing 9-7 this year which is better than what we will finish at. For the record i would give up a 1st round pick + Dak for either Garapolo or Wentz for Goff i would make the trade straight up for Dak and i wouldn't bother with Cousing it's like changing 4 quarters for a dollar[/QUOTE]

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He had more than an OL. He had a WR1 and leagues leading rusher.

Most top drafted QB’s go to crap teams . Dak walked right into a playoff caliber and ready offense despite their coaching.
C’mon Man. Lol

I'm not arguing that Dak came into a solid team.

But let's put things in perspective......

In 2 or 3 years this whole stacked team that he came into....

Dez...gone...essentially retired.
Witten.....retired...cameback...needs to retire again.
Cole Beasley.....gone via free agency
Zeke...perennial Pro Bowler
Terrence Williams.....out of the league playing in the XFL

So his team was so stacked that most of them are out of the league except Beasley and Zeke?

You guys need to quit overrating this talent. How many 8-8 seasons is it going to take for you guys to realize this is mediocre talent and has been since probably 2007?

I'm sorry man I just can't sit here and keep boosting up this "talent". What good is talent if they aren't playing up to their potential or not being coached? Don't stick your nose up at the Cleveland Browns because they have just as much talent if not more and they suck too.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Trubisky was rated higher than Mahomes in that draft. For every team that hits on a guy like Mahomes, three others give up a ton of draft capital to get a Blake Bortles or Jameis Winston.
To add to this a huge reason why Mahomes even succeeded was Andy Reid admitting that he built the entire offense around him and his strengths, not Reids own personal needs/wants (we will never have an elite coach that can do that).

You make a good point, all these fans keep running there mouths about drafting Daks replacement. Whats gonna happen when we suck for 4 years and don't get signfinantly better play than Dak ? (those same fans are gonna be on this forum whining when this is what they asked for).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well it sure looks like 3 of those 4 our going to make the playoffs this season and the one who won't took his team to the SB last year and will probably have his team finishing 9-7 this year which is better than what we will finish at. For the record i would give up a 1st round pick + Dak for either Garapolo or Wentz for Goff i would make the trade straight up for Dak and i wouldn't bother with Cousing it's like changing 4 quarters for a dollar
[/QUOTE]
Well with all due respect we can't talk football if you'd give up a 1st round pick and Dak for any of that trash above. I at least will give you that Wentz has the ceiling to be one of the best so I guess I can understand that but Jimmy and Goff? Please. You guys sound like worse gm's than the one we have.

And for the record...I Don't think this respective teams would trade for Dak either. That's kind of where all of those guys are. I wouldn't trade for any of them. If I would I would actually want someone head and shoulders better like a MAhomes, Russell, Rodgers, etc.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To add to this a huge reason why Mahomes even succeeded was Andy Reid admitting that he built the entire offense around him and his strengths, not Reids own personal needs/wants (we will never have an elite coach that can do that).

You make a good point, all these fans keep running there mouths about drafting Daks replacement. Whats gonna happen when we suck for 4 years and don't get signfinantly better play than Dak ? (those same fans are gonna be on this forum whining when this is what they asked for).
A coach built to Mahomes strength?WHATTT!!!!??!?!!!! I didn't know coaches did that. And here I thought players were suppose to make coaches better...well that's what these morons here told me anyway.
Did we poll all the teams to know this?
Look who posted it.....lol.

Teams don't have to gameplan for Dak because his coaches don't even utilize his strengths so what is there to gameplan? You don't have to worry about his legs or his arm in this outdated offense.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm convinced, it's personal with some fans.

Big time. Cal Poly ripped Prescott last year and when I said he would improve, made posts saying I was performing a sex act on Prescott. Now he doesn't have the stones to post much anymore - much less man up and admit he was wrong.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
NFL teams do not fear or gameplan for Dak Prescott as a passer or runner in any notable way.

How much should you pay a quarterback like that?

A ton, if you're okay with the status quo. Jerry is.

Kaiser

Reaction score
......and Trubisky shouldn't get a contract like Mahomes is gonna get.......neither should Rayne Dakota. Difference of opinion on value only....not of the opinion that he cant play in the NFL

You are making my point for me. You pay the guys like Mahomes that perform but you do that after you are correct in your draft selection. More times than not teams get a Trubisky or Winston instead of a Mahomes.

And for every example like the Chiefs moving on from a bus driver to get a Mahomes, I can give you an example like the Chargers moving on from Drew Brees because he was only a bus driver, only to see him make the HOF.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And I’d argue all of those QB’s are more Prolific Passers.
You could argue that. But I'm not in the business of who's more "prolific". Jay Cutler was a prolific passer. Much more than Romo was. Who were you taking though? And I Don't know what you guys see in Jared Goff. Maybe its because he gets paid a lot of money or he has a strong arm. I don't know what you guys could possibly see from him. Especially Cowboy fans. He's stunk in every game against us. Sam Darnold destroyed this defense. He couldn't even do that.

You can’t over pay a QB who needs all of this supporting cast.

At some point the QB must be the reason you’re winning by elevating lesser talent around him.

Of course you can. In the NFL you build your team with the best players possible and whatever you lack in personnel you gain with coaching. So if you are telling me that we can't win with Dak because he has to overcompesante for crap coaching on special teams(lack of field position), defense(lack of turnovers) and offense? Then I do agree. Dak is not good enough to overcome bad coaching. But I'd be careful in assuming that whoever you get next can do it. Romo couldn't do it either.

Kaiser

Reaction score
At some point the QB must be the reason you’re winning by elevating lesser talent around him.

Does Drew Brees elevate the lesser talent around him the way Aaron Rodgers does? Or is going to the HOF because he is so efficient?

aikemirv

Reaction score
......and Trubisky shouldn't get a contract like Mahomes is gonna get.......neither should Rayne Dakota. Difference of opinion on value only....not of the opinion that he cant play in the NFL
I am probably in the minority fro sure but I am not a huge Mahomes fan. Great at making special plays but struggles with the sustained drive. It is lucky for him that he has Kelce and Tyreek!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice said:
Well with all due respect we can't talk football if you'd give up a 1st round pick and Dak for any of that trash above. I at least will give you that Wentz has the ceiling to be one of the best so I guess I can understand that but Jimmy and Goff? Please. You guys sound like worse gm's than the one we have.

And for the record...I Don't think this respective teams would trade for Dak either. That's kind of where all of those guys are. I wouldn't trade for any of them. If I would I would actually want someone head and shoulders better like a MAhomes, Russell, Rodgers, etc.[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion my opinion is the Jimmy G and Wentz are franchise QB's and i would gladly pay for them

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah, that offense was amazing against the good defenses we played.

Do you watch, or do silly stats make your observations for you?
You know the answer to that. That's why a lot of people online love using " stats" without context to justify their junk views. They're lazy and think quoting stats from google makes them smart.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mind you...they lucked into both Romo and Dak. Wasn't like they had a top pick in the draft and were sure things. They lucked into them. ESPECIALLY Dak. At least you had the Sean Payton connection with Romo. With Dak they tried to get Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook...then training camp came and they had him behind Romo and Kellen Moore and had him competing with Jameil Showers who they switched to safety. They just like the rest of this league has no idea how to find a quarterback. They could go 20 or 30 years trying to find a quarterback.
and NE lucked into Bellechek and Brady..brady was a 6th rounder.. Bellechek was hired somewhere else and decided to walk out to NE.. a lot of luck plays into those situations..

other teams took Lynch and cook higher then dak so mind that they must have also had them higher on the draft boards NOT JUST JERRY.. Dont remember where manziell went but he was drafted to start..lets not separate jerry from the rest of the nfl..it happens on a regular basis..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
rocyaice said:

And for the record...I Don't think this respective teams would trade for Dak either. That's kind of where all of those guys are. I wouldn't trade for any of them. If I would I would actually want someone head and shoulders better like a MAhomes, Russell, Rodgers, etc.

That's your opinion my opinion is the Jimmy G and Wentz are franchise QB's and i would gladly pay for them[/QUOTE]
What in the hell have you seen from Jimmy G, Wentz and Goff to say they are franchise Qb's but Dak isn't? You know what I'm not gonna get in that argument. We'll just agree to disagree.

Kaiser

Reaction score

You also have to look at the fact that Dak has steadily improved. Guys like Drew Brees and Matt Stafford didn't become top tier QBs until 5 or 6 years into the NFL. You don't see the "Dak sucks" threads here any more (except, you know, this one) because he has improved. This year he went from the middle of the pack to being in the top ten. Even if he never makes it into the top five, why throw the baby out with the bathwater?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know the answer to that. That's why a lot of people online love using " stats" without context to justify their junk views. They're lazy and think quoting stats from google makes them smart.
73% of people who believe 29% of the stats they read online are 43% more likely to believe that 86% of the stats are factual while only thinking that 2% of other people online are as smart as they are.

Of course that theory is only right 61% of the time.