Dak to Chris Sims, I'm working on getting rid of bad throwing habits

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Did not see this posted from SB week.

Good interview with Dak with Chris Sims from NBC Sports.

When I see Dak and not the dollars signs..

I have alot of confidence in him. When the dollar signs start blinking, I start to worry.

But what the heck, ain't my money baby.

He's an employee and he's up for a raise.
We can want him to go all Robin Hood, but this planet was not forged by Robin Hoods.
Our history was forged by people who got the most while they could.
Right, or Wrong.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
See, this is the problem. Dak is a great guy. He has a lot of confidence and is good in the media and public eye for the most part. That’s where things go wrong. It appears that some cannot separate Dak the person, and Dak the player. NFL standard wise, Dak is average. I’d put him in tier 2 when he plays at his highest (Vikings and Lions game were great). However, his lows are very, very low. And he doesn’t deserve a ground breaking payday either. He has the right to sit out, but that doesn’t mean it’s right. It doesn’t mean it’s a smart decision. I want him to succeed, but by NFL standards, he’s not as great as many want him to be/as he can be. I say we either tag n trade him, sign him (which is a handcuff on the team IMO, especially the “wanting a shorter deal just so he can cash in when Mahomes or Watson gets paid”, or just let him walk and draft/trade for another QB/ pick up one in FA.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I think this is how I’m going to approach the boss next time I’m up for a raise.

I want to be the highest paid worker here because I deserve it. Results don’t show that I should be the highest paid worker but look here I’m working on this and that....

yes that will work.

take your 10x bump raise and work on your game first, win a couple of super bowls and then you can be top 5 money.

garyo1954

Reaction score
May as well put this thread in its proper context before...well before you know what happens.

giphy.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He was better this year at not holding on to the ball for so long. His accuracy is maddening sometimes, missing easy throws with wrs that are so wide open. I don't know if you can teach accuracy but that's my main concern with his.
Ok. Now do this for every quarterback. They all miss easy throws from time to time. Dak was about as consistent as it gets last year. He's more accurate than every single one of the quarterbacks who throw it down the field as often as he does.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Maddening is dead on.. I was wanting to throw stuff at the tv on Thanksgiving he was so bad at times yet good in between.. I dont throw things anymore because its flat screens and cost too much to replace LOL but I wanted too.2nd half of that philly game I wanted to hurt people..
I couldn't get mad anymore. I just laugh it off now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I don't understand is why get rid of Kitna when Kitna evidently helped Dak make a huge improvement in his passing and technique within 1 season?
Most of the improvement was the result of Dak's off-season work with John Beck at 3DQB. In interviews, Kitna said there wasn't much for him to fix, and that it was more a matter of making sure Dak was consistently doing the things that he learned.

Also he supposedly worked with Tom House on throwing motion and mechanics in the off season. Tom Brady as well as others worked with him at different times also.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is good news. If he knows what he needs to fix, I think he can do it. Tiger Woods changed golf swings several ties in h is career and the golf swing is much more complicated than the football throwing motion. You can see the difference in Dak's 1st 10 games of the season to that spell late in the season where his accuracy fell off a cliff. You can see clearly when he is not in position to throw. and you can see the resulting inaccuracy. The question is why does this breakdown sometimes? He needs to work on that, and if its mental, that may be harder to overcome than the physical breakdowns.

I think late in the year when things weren't working as well, injuries to Cooper and others. Made him try too hard, he needed to relax and stay in his game. But he seemed hurried when he didn't need to be at times. And this threw off his mechanics a bit. Resorted to old bad habits.
He put too much pressure on himself, and the coaching staff seemed tuned out, so no one to help him "relax" for lack of a better word or phrase.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We forget he's only going into his 5th year. Remember Romo would tell us at the end of every offseason he worked his game. He'd never tell us what but would promise we'll see the difference.
OMG... PULEASE... he is now a VETERAN QB with 64 regular season starts under his belt. Fine... he can keep improving each year, so in about 4 years from now, the Cowboys will pay him for all that improvement, but today, he gets paid based upon where is game is right now. he has started for 4 years, and we have 2 playoff appearances with him. We were 8-8 last year, and the games where we needed a qb to step up and win the damn game (Saints, Pats, Eagles) in all of those 3 games he was awful. Tell me when Brees, Brady, Rodgers.. you could just point to them in 3 or more games in the regular season and say... they absolutely sucked in those 3 games. They dont all go 12-4 every year, but even when Brees was going 7-9 for three straight seasons he threw for just under 5k yards, 70% completions and more TDs in every one of those losing seasons than Dak did this year, where he had his career best 30 td passes.

Nobody is not for resigning the man, but a whole bunch of people are not for making him a top 4 paid QB, and apparently the people that write the checks are seeing it that way as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At least Dak admits he has bad throwing habits and it's not just bad press being spread by "Dak haters". Now the Dak lovers can stop getting mad at every person that states the obvious about Dak's throwing habits and can just accept it as fact because he has conceded that it is a real thing.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
At least Dak will be working on his game. Romo only would work on his golf swing.