Dak Trade Idea

Creeper

Reaction score
Just curious, but would you trade Dak and two 1st round draft picks to Seattle for Russell Wilson?

I say the two picks because I doubt the Seahawks would bite for less considering the salary and talent differences between the two QBs.

I’m 98% positive that Jerry is going to make Dak a lifelong Cowboy, so this discussion might be all but irrelevant. But if Jerry would be willing to mortgage the future and really did want to buy himself a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl right now, getting an elite level QB would drastically improve the odds.

So, would you do it?

No. I would not trade Dak for Russell Wilson even if it would not result in a $23 million CAP hit on top of Russell Wilson's salary.

Coy

Reaction score
Just curious, but would you trade Dak and two 1st round draft picks to Seattle for Russell Wilson?

I say the two picks because I doubt the Seahawks would bite for less considering the salary and talent differences between the two QBs.

I’m 98% positive that Jerry is going to make Dak a lifelong Cowboy, so this discussion might be all but irrelevant. But if Jerry would be willing to mortgage the future and really did want to buy himself a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl right now, getting an elite level QB would drastically improve the odds.

So, would you do it?

In a nanosecond, we all know that Russ wins Sunday's game by at least 10 points, now, to win a SB we would also need a new HC.

But it ain't happening

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How is getting rid of Dak gonna fix the OL, DL & RB positions or our proclivity for penalties? All of those were much bigger problems in '21 than Dak was.

I don't think it will and I made a post directly after that with my own view. My argument was against that Wilson has limited time left in the NFL, I was countering saying if you believe that QB can help bring you a Super Bowl within that 3-4 years, he's worth a first and more.

I don't think Wilson will do well behind our line.

blueblood70

Reaction score

So, would you do it?
NO not in any scenro..Wilson has now went from elite to Dak hes not offering much more then dak, period.

he also couldn't overcome his OL., no run support and weak defense,

so its utterly ridiculous you think Wilson is worth dak and 2 firsts that's insane.

ill take Mahomes for that..Wilson nope

John813

Reaction score
Trade Pre June 1st.

Instant dead cap of 57.8mil, which would create 23mil more cap hit on the books for 2022, since his cap hit for 2022 as is 34.5mil.

Trade Post June 1st

Dead Cap of 14.45mil, savings of 20mil on the 2022 books.
Dead cap of ~43mil in 2023

There is no realistic trade proposal for Prescott unless you can get Andrew Luck to play for the min in 2023

coogrfan

Reaction score
In a nanosecond, we all know that Russ wins Sunday's game by at least 10 points, now, to win a SB we would also need a new HC.

But it ain't happening

Did you not see any Seahawks games this season? The Russ you're thinking about no longer exists.

coogrfan

Reaction score
I don't think it will and I made a post directly after that with my own view. My argument was against that Wilson has limited time left in the NFL, I was countering saying if you believe that QB can help bring you a Super Bowl within that 3-4 years, he's worth a first and more.

I don't think Wilson will do well behind our line.

Sorry, I didn't see your follow up. My bad.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
No one would want to trade for Dak. He sucks too much. We’d need to trade 10 first round picks at the very LEAST for Seattle to not only take on a bad one read QB, but to take on that horrendous cap hit he brings. We’re stuck.

Now you're being silly. Seattle would take Dak and 1 first rounder in a heart beat. Most teams that don't have a top-10 QB would. 10 FIRST rounders??:lmao:

I agree with the your bold though. He ain't going anywhere so we either support this team or don't. No use in crying about it. I chose to support this team. :flagwave:

blueblood70

Reaction score

But it ain't happening
we dont know this

we saw russ fail for the exact reasons dak has, OL issues, no run support, and weak defense. Delusional fans think RW is 2 first Better then dak RIGHT NOW,

maybe Mahomes. rogers or or giant Maybe on Josh Allen is worth that

bradys out over age.

GINeric

Reaction score
No one would want to trade for Dak. He sucks too much. We’d need to trade 10 first round picks at the very LEAST for Seattle to not only take on a bad one read QB, but to take on that horrendous cap hit he brings. We’re stuck.

If Dak sucks too much, why are there many Hall of Fame players, coaches and GMs that says he's a top 7 to 10 QB in this league? Should I believe you? Or my eyes and HOFers who were paid to play, coach and scout nfl talent??

If Dak sucks too much, why is he only one of 4 or 5 other quarterbacks in the 100 year nfl history to put up the numbers that he's been able to put up in his first 6 years? There have been thousands of quarterbacks who've come through the NFL in 100 years, so why is he only one of 5 other quarterbacks to do this?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
this isn't a dak issue,

please stop

also, not zeke, pollard , or MM,

its a team game offensive line was beyond horrible the last 3-4 games against equal or better talent on the DL..go check the stats from the past game al the sacks, pressures, and penalties and nothing in the run game. Thats front and center and all there to see. if you cant see that's the sole issue in many of the losses down the stretch, YOU ARE BLIND!

its obvious you need an OL to pass block, provide a better holes for the run game, and hard to be QB with no run game and running on more plays they you are not.

add in penalties that seemingly instead of playing the NFL game where 10yards = a 1st down, its 1st and 20, 2nd and 11, 3rd 9 most of the game ..you cant be successful doing that..be factual, sure hes not elite can't overcome massive hemorrhaging by the OL and OC that isn't providing and consistency in which to feel comfortable IE a pocket, run game, and what not.

that easy for damn casual fan to see, let alone a fan who thinks they follow football closely as some of you claim.

you cant play behind the chains consistently, big plays all called back, and defenses taking the run game away and KNOW you are passing nearly every down.

that is 100% real facts, period.

blame who you want but tired of emotional whining from emotional fans blaming the qb or hc or curtains when the real issues have been the OL and OC against the better talent.

think of how many close games we are losing to those equal teams. 3, 2, 3, 10, 6 etc etc. we are in them ALL.

dont think for moment how fine line that is where we have 14 penalties in each two of those games and only lost by that margin, we have the talent but in the trenches the O made the mistakes that cost us far more then 7 points. then go to the DL Sunday they had what 3 offsides penalties all pre snap so sf got to play 1st and 5 many snaps.

i mean if anyone thinks this was a HC or QB issue, they are just running with the same narratives and hate toward those individuals and not seeing as group the Offensive line failed us and the Offensive coordinator is big issue in chess game vs Better teams with zero run game, allowed them to have us playing one handed.IE one dimensional
thats truth, period.

tired of this nonsense!

dak didn't play perfectly nor did any one on the team in some games sure it happens

however, we weren't embarrassed or blown out like say NE and AZ were. these games came down to a small margin and its the mistakes ie penalties that cost us this game and many. when you are playing a Beter or equal team , that what separates you and Dak while not perfect is a top 10 qb and not the sole issue,

wake up this isnt homer rose colored glasses evaluation, its real facts. they say games are lost and won i the trenches and well we for sure had the weaker OL play and had some mistakes on the DL.

now back to real Iife issues.

I’m not exclusively blaming Dak. I’m offering, in my opinion, a better option at the most important position on the team. Or since it’s Dak, are we not supposed to still want the best talent possible?

As for the rest of what you said, I agree. There are a lot of issues to fix on this team. I never once proclaimed otherwise. Nor will I ever.

It’s funny you want to bash those of us who are “emotionally whining” about this, yet you posted this message that was entirely emotionally driven lol.

We get it, you love Dak. There’s nothing wrong with that. But don’t hypocritically call me emotional for posing a simple and reasonable question.

Silly

Reaction score
Wait Wait..... You got it the wrong way around Trade Dak to a team that needs a QB for 2 first round draft pic! Then throw in Zeke for a 3rd round pic.