Dak, Troy, Romo, Roger-start 1, bench 2 and cut one 1

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here are Pro Football References Time-corrected QB ratings (based on stats only). Limited to 1960-2019
Not a rank of best QBs, just a rank based on various statistical measures
(thanks to Sean for pointing this out._

Top 20
  1. Young
  2. Montana
  3. Staubach
  4. Rodgers
  5. Greise
  6. Manning
  7. Brees
  8. Warner
  9. Wilson
  10. Brady
  11. Romo
  12. Starr
  13. Anderson
  14. Jorgenson
  15. Tittle
  16. Tarkenton
  17. Berry
  18. Greise
  19. Marino
  20. Fouts
also
27) White
33) Prescott
38) Morton
52) Aikman
58) Merideth

--Aikman always suffers statically in these all time rankings because outside of 4 Super Bowl contending years, he had 4-5 fairly seasons. Plus his teams relied on Emmitt and dominant defense a lot. Anyway, it balances out to lower career stats.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Here are Pro Football References Time-corrected QB ratings (based on stats only). Limited to 1960-2019
Not a rank of best QBs, just a rank based on various statistical measures
(thanks to Sean for pointing this out._

Top 20
  1. Young
  2. Montana
  3. Staubach
  4. Rodgers
  5. Greise
  6. Manning
  7. Brees
  8. Warner
  9. Wilson
  10. Brady
  11. Romo
  12. Starr
  13. Anderson
  14. Jorgenson
  15. Tittle
  16. Tarkenton
  17. Berry
  18. Greise
  19. Marino
  20. Fouts
also
27) White
33) Prescott
38) Morton
52) Aikman
58) Merideth

--Aikman always suffers statically in these all time rankings because outside of 4 Super Bowl contending years, he had 4-5 fairly seasons. Plus his teams relied on Emmitt and dominant defense a lot. Anyway, it balances out to lower career stats.
props

Its sad that every single player above Romo is in the HOF, or HOF-bound.

Screw garrett

sean10mm

Reaction score

What do you even mean by this?

If anything my bias should be to Aikman or Romo since I actually saw them play. I came around to seeing Staubach as on a different level much later.

Staubach is the one on the NFL 100 All-Time Team. He was 1st Team All-Decade and Aikman wasn't. This is the consensus, you want to prove it wrong then make your case instead of sniping 1 word lazy junk posts.

The truth about Aikman is that his peak was really good for his era (1993 and 1995 especially were bonkers efficient compared to everyone else), but it only ran through the 1991-1995 seasons.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
What do you even mean by this?

If anything my bias should be to Aikman or Romo since I actually saw them play. I came around to seeing Staubach as on a different level much later.

Staubach is the one on the NFL 100 All-Time Team. He was 1st Team All-Decade and Aikman wasn't. This is the consensus, you want to prove it wrong then make your case instead of sniping 1 word lazy junk posts.

The truth about Aikman is that his peak was really good for his era (1993 and 1995 especially were bonkers efficient compared to everyone else), but it only ran through the 1991-1995 seasons.
Stop being emotional king

Bias= ranking Romo over Staubach.

Dont get your panties in a wad

DFWJC

Reaction score
props

Its sad that every single player above Romo is in the HOF, or HOF-bound.

Screw garrett
Every way you slice it, it always turns up like that.
He needed maybe 3 more years of health and the team to have more playoff success with him at QB.
Then he would've been set. But no HOF for him, imo. ROH? yes

Not the years were like this, but those 3-4 years where the team had a poor oline, weak run game and terrible to poor defense--a guaranteed toxic and losing mix for any QB that ever played--led to him taking a terrible beating.
Game after game, and year after year for about 3-4 years. Got the crap beat out of him.
Cut his career short

Blackrain

Reaction score
1. Romo starts

2. Roger Bench

3. Aikman bench

4. Dak cut

Romo starts because of how football evolved and the game suits him.

Roger would eventually start over Romo if he could adapt to todays game. He had the physical traits to do it from the highlights I have seen.

Aikman was great but statue QB's are becoming a thing of the past.

Holy spit this just made my day

" Romo starts because of how football evolved and the game suits him !!!! " That is a true statement .

The QB is protected to the point even his out of shape butt could survive in today's game LOLOL

Staubach would have lapped Romo on the Landry mile then ran wind sprints while Romo was puking up his breakfast and face timing Jessica about how hard TC was .

" Roger would eventually start if he could adapt to todays game " What a hoot !!!

Obviously you did not watch the environment Roger played in in the moment week in and week out .
Roger would DOMINATE today's sissy *** game and Romo would be the piss boy till Roger retired .

Roger was a Championship maker Romo was a Heart Breaker

All that said Romo is the best Analyst in the NFL and I try to watch all his games

Them

Reaction score
...Start Aikman...Bench Staubach and Dak...Cut Romo before he gets seriously hurt, and let him announce at game-times, or make him a Defensive/Offensive Coach of some sort!...Play Ball!!!
:dance:

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I will follow the recent (February 2020) opinion rank from the greatest Dallas Cowboys scout and one of the best ever in NFL history...

Hall Of Famer, Gil Brandt's tweet says it all as to who to trade/cut.

:popcorn:

Those menchies though. He's getting crushed.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Gee, two hall of famers, the leading passer in Cowboys history, and a 4th year guy in a contract dispute. I wonder how this will turn out? :rolleyes:

Give me Staubach and Aikman. I won't need anyone else.

Unfortunately I think Staubachs probably going to get broken in half on your first play, and Troy's cannon has probably morphed into a noodle.

plasticman

Reaction score
Start Staubach

Bench Aikman

Finished......do what you want with the rest.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
I would start Roger over any QB. His greatest ability was as a leader and playmaker, especially late in games when it mattered most.

Look at his playoff resume’ :
  • Roger started 17 playoff games, winning 11. Meaning he won almost a third of the TOTAL Cowboys all time playoff wins in his 11 year career.
  • Roger won played in 6 NFC Championship games in 11 seasons, winning 4, winning 2 of 4 SBs he started.
  • Roger won 5 divisional playoff games over 9 seasons as a starter. We have ZERO divisional playoff wins in the last 24 seasons.
I was going with Romo till you posted this......damn
I never got to see Roger live , was too young, but the above is enough.

Roger.
Romo.
As someone already said trade Troy for picks (excellent idea)
Dak. I'd turn him into a TE

Red Dragon

Reaction score
It should be noted that if there were honest and ethical referees in Super Bowls X and XIII, Roger would have 4 rings today instead of just 2.

And if it weren't for the underdog Falcons pulling off an unexpected upset of the Niners in the 1995 season finale, Aikman would probably have only 2 rings today instead.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Can I just combine them in to a Super QB? Dak's toughness/Troy's leadership, and arm/Tony's accuracy, release, and playmaking/Roger's elusiveness, playmaking, and legs.