Dak vs. Purdy for MVP: Dak's done more with less

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sure, Purdy leads a team that is 9-3. Dak also is at 9-3.

The big diff is that Dak has done more with less, while Purdy seemingly has an all-pro at every position.

Dak should be MVP but the media needs -- demands -- that Purdy go from Mr. Irrelevant to MVP.

Holla

aikemirv

Reaction score
Can't really argue that. They are pretty daggone good across the board and they have a running game that we do not which significantly opens up the passing and play action game!

Nav22

Reaction score
Purdy's deserving of the top spot for now. He lit up the Cowboys and Eagles, and leads the NFL in most major efficiency categories.

He's clearly legit and a terrific QB. He does have a great supporting cast, but nobody discredits Jalen Hurts for that.

LOL at the idea that the media has made Purdy a darling - on the contrary, I've never seen a QB play so well for as long as Purdy has while getting such little credit for it.
:laugh:

Current MVP odds (per ESPN BET)...

Purdy +300
Dak +325
Hurts +350
Mahomes +600
Lamar +700
Tua +900
Tyreek +1800

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

The big diff is that Dak has done more with less, while Purdy seemingly has an all-pro at every position.

Dak should be MVP but the media needs -- demands -- that Purdy go from Mr. Irrelevant to MVP.

Holla
Has Purdy gotten to face as many crappy teams as Dak?

Praxit

Reaction score

Holla
good points. Honestly, I think Dak could care less. His mission is get us to promise land.
He will eventually have tons of accolades. But you want that elusive ring.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
good points. Honestly, I think Dak could care less. His mission is get us to promise land.
He will eventually have tons of accolades. But you want that elusive ring.
Is that what he's after? Or is he trying to scam Jerry into another ridiculous contract? This will come as a shock to some, but I hope it's the former. He did promise everyone after the first big pay day that now was the time to win a super bowl. But in his defense he never gave a time frame for when it would actually happen.

shabazz

Reaction score

Holla
That's why one guy has a 160 million dollar contract and the other makes 900k a year

pansophy

Reaction score
Purdy has the league leading rusher. It is the same argument against Romo when he had the best QBR but also had Murray. The one difference here is that Rodgers threw for 600ish yards more than Romo while Dak and Purdue are nearly even. Dak has more TDs though.

bottleKids

Reaction score
The reason I have heard consistently this week is two points:

1.) "He" beat Dallas and Philly with good numbers
2.) Historically they like to line up the MVP on seed #1 or #2 to avoid a Aaron Rodgers type year where there are complaints after that a non playoff team had the MVP on their roster

I don't agree with either of these btw, but I am just throwing it out there to add additional color to what I am hearing here in the mid-west sports talk.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Holla
After the way Purdy dismantled the Eagles and Cowboys he probably should get it.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm sure that will trump the Cowboys biasness.

leeblair

Reaction score

Holla
:facepalm:
Such are Dak fans.
They care more about Dak winning MVP and getting paid than they care about the Cowboys winning.
It's disgusting.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
:facepalm:
Such are Dak fans.
They care more about Dak winning MVP and getting paid than they care about the Cowboys winning.
It's disgusting.
Are you implying I am a Dak lover? Because tha is wha I inferred, lad.
:laugh: