Total TDs - 83
Interceptions - 26
Completion % - 63%
Yards / Attempt - 7.9
Passer Rating - 98.6
W/L Record - 36-12
4th QTR Comebacks - 10
Game-Winning Drives - 15

The numbers justify the comparisons. And if you want a peak into the future, those Russell Wilson stats are from 2012-2014. He’s a much better player today than he was four seasons ago. Why should we believe Dak won’t make a similar leap?

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Dak Prescott:
Total Yards - 11,820
Total TDs - 85
Interceptions - 25
Completion % - 66%
Yards / Attempt - 7.4
Passer Rating - 96.0
W/L Record - 32-16
4th QTR Comebacks - 8
Game-Winning Drives - 14

Russell Wilson:
Total Yards - 11,827
Total TDs - 83
Interceptions - 26
Completion % - 63%
Yards / Attempt - 7.9
Passer Rating - 98.6
W/L Record - 36-12
4th QTR Comebacks - 10
Game-Winning Drives - 15

The numbers justify the comparisons. And if you want a peak into the future, those Russell Wilson stats are from 2012-2014. He’s a much better player today than he was four seasons ago. Why should we believe Dak won’t make a similar leap?

I think Dak will make a major step forward in the coming years. He has what you need. He’s tough. He has a will to succeed. He has a strong enough arm and a good sense of what it takes to win. He’s a good game manager and not a dude playing a position. If he can get some continuity with receiving weapons around him (this year appears to be the tru beginning of that) there is much optimism around his ability to do the job.

I’m my estimation, he will join the elite conversation toward the end of next season like he did at the beginning of last season. His success will be hard to continue to deny.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
*I love the standard approach to any Dak comparison is to combine passing TDs with rushing TDs. Also, if we’re going to place importance on rushing TDs for a QB, then why don’t we look at total rushing yards?
You should combine passing & rushing TDs for all QB comparisons. It’s superficial to value one over the other. Rushing yards is apart of the “Total Yards” as well. And since both QBs were held to the same criteria, you can’t even begin to make the argument it’s biased.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
These threads are getting embarrassing

Dak was 25th in the league in passing...just stop it

Let's hope the whole team has a great game Saturday instead of acting like Dak is Dan Marino

I agree it can get old, but I think some of it is done to highlight potential career trajectory. Russell Wilson was very much a game manager who many questioned giving a big contract to early in his career. He won because of his defense and Marshawn Lynch, people said.

Can Dak take that next leap in Years 4-8 like other QBs such as Wilson have done?

HungryLion

Reaction score
These threads are getting embarrassing

Dak was 25th in the league in passing...just stop it

Let's hope the whole team has a great game Saturday instead of acting like Dak is Dan Marino

I wonder what the Seahawks were
Ranked isn’t total passing yards during the seasons listed for Russell?

Listen, are there still issues for Dak? Of course. But total passing yards is probably the worst way you can evaluate or compare QB play. Especially for a QB who plays in a run first offense.

Dak did suck the first half of this season. No doubt. But he played much better the second half of the year. Much better.

If he could improve his footwork it would make a huge difference.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You should combine passing & rushing TDs for all QB comparisons. It’s superficial to value one over the other. Rushing yards is apart of the “Total Yards” as well. And since both QBs were held to the same criteria, you can’t even begin to make the argument it’s biased.

You’re not placing superficial value on one over the other. You’re simply separating data appropriately and seeing what each player is doing as a passer and runner.

You’re combining stats arbitrarily. Separating the data doesn’t submarine the overall point of your thread.

Wilson
72 TDs (passing)
26 INTs

11 TDs (rushing)
1,877 yards

Prescott
67 TDs (passing)
25 INTs

18 TDs (rushing)
944 yards