Dak vs. Wentz

Creeper

Reaction score
I know earlier in the season a lot of people were talking trash about Wentz and about how bad he looked. I include myself in that category because early in the season he did look bad. But look at him now. He threw for 4000 yards but not a single receiver on the Eagles team had more than 500. That is a pretty amazing stat. In his last few games Wentz was making his no name receivers look pretty good. The Eagles were running practice squad guys out there at RB, WR, and TE and Wentz was putting up a lot of yards and points.

Give credit where credit it due. The Eagles seem to come through when the chips are down while the Cowboys fold. Wentz is one of those guys who proved he can put a team on his shoulders and win games. That's what we need out of Dak instead of that miserable performance against the Eagles.

Zman5

Reaction score
Pederson > JG.

Pederson has taken a mash unit of a team to the playoffs last 3 seasons. Even winning a SB with a backup QB. He has his team playing the best football in December past 3 seasons.
JG can't win a game against the Jets when he has few injured players.

shabazz

Reaction score
Shows how much the OP knows......Prescott is Far ahead of Wentz in endorsements and commercial money earned.

slick325

Reaction score
Wentz is the better player. Dallas had a make shift receiving corps to start 2018 and we all saw the results which led to a trade for Amari Cooper. Yes Prescott improved a lot going into 2019 and it showed early. But, does anyone honestly believe Prescott gets the Eagles to the playoffs with all those injured WRs and RBs? And does anyone believe Dallas misses the playoffs if Wentz is QB from the Minnesota game on?

Trying to be objective would help...doesn't mean Prescott is not good or is worthless, it just means that someone is a better player.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I know earlier in the season a lot of people were talking trash about Wentz and about how bad he looked. I include myself in that category because early in the season he did look bad. But look at him now. He threw for 4000 yards but not a single receiver on the Eagles team had more than 500. That is a pretty amazing stat. In his last few games Wentz was making his no name receivers look pretty good. The Eagles were running practice squad guys out there at RB, WR, and TE and Wentz was putting up a lot of yards and points.

Give credit where credit it due. The Eagles seem to come through when the chips are down while the Cowboys fold. Wentz is one of those guys who proved he can put a team on his shoulders and win games. That's what we need out of Dak instead of that miserable performance against the Eagles.

Don't forget the team injury issues that Wentz and the Eagles overcame.

Tyron Smith misses a game and the Dak-o-phants go bonkers about how nobody could perform and overcome these types of situations.

Philly's roster (when healthy) doesn't compare to ours on paper at the skill positions and the trenches (other than D line, I would give them a clear advantage there when healthy).
And they weren't even close to healthy at the end of the year.

Sydla

Reaction score
He has the best set of tight ends in football and beat the NFC EAST in 4 straight games. But lets continue the narrative his team is has no talent.

His WR corps was way worse than the one we trotted out last year with Hurns, Gallup, etc.

Yes, he has two good TEs (only had one yesterday) but to deny that team had talent issues in the passing game is silly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2019 Reception yards:

Zach Ertz 916
Dallas Goedert 607
Miles Sanders 509

Jeffrey had 490 in just 10 games
Agholor had 363 in 11 games
Ward had 254 in 7 games

All 3 WR's projected stats over 16 games are in excess of 500 yards.

Wince is the king of check down throws. Everyone knows that. Look at the TE's and #1 RB yards. Ertz has been hurt or his numbers would be higher. Check this out...

Yards per attempt:

Dak 8.2
Wince 6.7

baltcowboy

Reaction score
His WR corps was way worse than the one we trotted out last year with Hurns, Gallup, etc.

Yes, he has two good TEs (only had one yesterday) but to deny that team had talent issues in the passing game is silly.
We will see how good he is against a similar team this weekend. Seahawks have no running backs and offensive line is injured.

aria

Reaction score
I don’t get why this always comes up. I couldn’t care less how they compare, I just care about how Dak is doing. It’s not like anyone here personally selected each QB, who cares about Wentz?

Not trying to be rude, I understand he’s an NFCE rival but I don’t get the fascination with the constant comparison.

GMO415

Reaction score
Wilson is going to put on a show and Wentz will have no choice but to sit there and watch.

Sydla

Reaction score
2019 Reception yards:

Zach Ertz 916
Dallas Goedert 607
Miles Sanders 509

Ward had 254 in 7 games

All 3 WR's projected stats over 16 games in in excess of 500 yards.

Wince is the king of check down throws. Everyone knows that. Look at the TE's and #1 RB yards. Ertz has been hurt or his numbers would be higher. Check this out...

Yards per attempt:

Dak 8.2
Wince 6.7

please tell me you aren’t trying to make the case that his WRs are pretty good.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I know earlier in the season a lot of people were talking trash about Wentz and about how bad he looked. I include myself in that category because early in the season he did look bad. But look at him now. He threw for 4000 yards but not a single receiver on the Eagles team had more than 500.

Wentz definitely improved this year but so did Dak. On the 4000 yards passing, you can argue that he had to pass because they had no running game. Even with those 4000 yards Philly was 11th in passing yards, 14th in total yardage.

When you factor in leadership, running ability and durability I would take Dak every time. On top of that Philly gave up 4 premium picks to get Wentz, what he is doing now is what you have to have for giving up that kind of trade package.

Kaiser

Reaction score
2019 Reception yards:

Zach Ertz 916
Dallas Goedert 607
Miles Sanders 509

That's a great point on the "no WRs over 500 yards". He might have had the best TE group in the NFL and had plenty of WR talent even if it wasn't the same guy.

Also Gallup missed three games and Cooper played through injury for half the season. Its not like every other team was 100% healthy.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
2019 Reception yards:

Zach Ertz 916
Dallas Goedert 607
Miles Sanders 509

Ward had 254 in 7 games

All 3 WR's projected stats over 16 games in in excess of 500 yards.

Yards per attempt:

Dak 8.2
Wince 6.7

If you are going to quote stats get them right. Quoting one seasons stats when the Eagles lost every starting WR is disingenuous.

Career YPA- Dak 7.6. Wentz. 6.9.

Look at Dak in ‘17 when he had bad WRs his YPA was well below Wentz.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
That's a great point on the "no WRs over 500 yards". He might have had the best TE group in the NFL and had plenty of WR talent even if it wasn't the same guy

Plenty of WR talent? They have the worst receiving corp in the NFL and it isn’t close.